Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you are pregnant , don't bother with MY school

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭crucamim

lazygal wrote: »
    I'm sure this is what Jesus would have wanted. Dividing children's eduation and the right to exclude people were among his central messages, were they not?

Are you questioning the right of Catholics to have Catholic schools for their children?

Are you questioning the right of Protestants to have Protestant schools for their children?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Posts like that just make you look like a tool legend. It's not even faintly amusing.

Maybe if you had a sense of humour it might of amused you. Posts like this make you look like a retard.

Fact of the matter is she got stung by opening her legs without having the brains to use contraceptive.

I'm paying the salary of every teacher, the salary of the school secretary, the salary of the school caretaker and the capitation fee for every pupil - probably about 90%-95% of the budget of the school.

You are so lucky. How did you become so rich you can afford to pay all these things on your own? I wish I were as rich as you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

crucamim wrote: »
    You are so lucky. How did you become so rich you can afford to pay all these things on your own? I wish I were as rich as you are.

I wonder if they are going to protest against the Muslim schools aswell or is that not cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Are you questioning the right of Catholics to have Catholic schools for their children?

Are you questioning the right of Protestants to have Protestant schools for their children?

Considering the way the North of the country has 'developed' with denominational schooling, I might question why you think its a good idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

If he is, he wouldn't be wrong to. Should we add to the list Jewish schools, Buddhist schools, Hindu schools, Muslim schools, Neo-pagan schools, Humanist schools, atheist schools, Jehovah's witness schools, Apostolic schools, Orthodox schools, Methodist schools, Baptist schools, Mormon schools, Pantheist schools, Quaker schools, Plymouth Brethen schools, Baha'i schools, Church of the flying spaghetti monster schools and so on?

Why can't schools just teach the National curriculum and let religious parents/churches handle their own indoctrinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Posts like that just make you look like a tool.
    Dboy85 wrote: »
    Posts like this make you look like a retard.
    mod

I don't care how you word it, it's still petty name-calling. Quit.

And Dboy85 - stop trolling.

/mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

You could save yourself a lot of time by simply copying any post you have ever posted in any forum and simply pasting it over and over again. Im sure no body would notice so long as you include plenty of straw men, claims about persecution of catholics, a few accusations about every body being rabidly anti Catholic and then some hysterics along the lines of "who will protect the little catholic children from the atheists!!"

Whoop whoop..., Here we go!!!!!
    This has been done to death by you in countless other threads. You have been set straight countless times and you just start the wheel turning again. Give it a rest.

Stark wrote: »
    As long as those schools are being funded by the taxpayer, we'll interfere all we like.

Catholics pay tax - and at the same rates as non-Catholics. In addition Catholics pay to their parishes to help fund the parochial school.

Why can anti-Catholics not keep their noses out of Catholic schools? After all, they seem to have no trouble keeping their noses out of Protestant schools - even though Protestant schools receive an equal level of funding by the tax-payer - and, until recently, received a higher level of funding by the tax-payer. Why are anti-Catholics so anxious to get power over defenceless Catholic children?

micropig wrote: »
    I wonder if they are going to protest against the Muslim schools aswell or is that not cool?

More opposition for oppositions sake....great stuff. It's traditional to go to the protestants schools next, by the way, rather than muslims. There just aren't enough of the latter to go round.

• Advertisement

Seeing as that problem is infinitesimally small compared to the over 90% Catholic ethos school in the country I think picking ones battle is advisable.
    Oh and the 'cool atheist' thing is as boring and cliched as Crucamins 'catholic oppression' line

Catholics pay tax - and at the same rates as non-Catholics. In addition Catholics pay to their parishes to help fund the parochial school.

Why can anti-Catholics not keep their noses out of Catholic schools? After all, they seem to have no trouble keeping their noses out of Protestant schools - even though Protestant schools receive an equal level of funding by the tax-payer - and, until recently, received a higher level of funding by the tax-payer. Why are anti-Catholics so anxious to get power over defenceless Catholic children?

Yes, you're being done over. The skys themselves weep at your fate.

Has a conservative catholic ever been barred from attending a school in this country by the principal for their beliefs?

Nodin wrote: »
    Considering the way the North of the country has 'developed' with denominational schooling, I might question why you think its a good idea?

I live in Northern Ireland. Catholic control over the education of their children has reduced the extent of Orange power over Catholics.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Oh goody, we've arrived at the persecution complex part of your posting :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Seeing as we arent all Nordies could I suggest you leave out the Catholics V Prods ranting and stick with the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" line. Thanks.:)

Nodin wrote: »
    Yes, you're being done over. The skys themselves weep at your fate.

Has a conservative catholic ever been barred from attending a school in this country by the principal for their beliefs?

I do not know. What point are you trying to make? As Catholics tend to run their own schools, it is highly unlikely that a conservative Catholic would try to have his child admitted to a non-Catholic school.

I live in Northern Ireland. Catholic control over the education of their children has reduced the extent of Orange power over Catholics.

But majority rules doesnt it?
    Thats what we keep getting - ITS A CATHOLIC COUNTRY etc etc ad nauseum. Seeing as protestantism and Orange Orders are the majority up North shouldnt you just pipe down and accept it like us non Catholics down South are constantly being told?

....there were catholic schools from the foundation of the Northern statelet. Logically, therefore, your claim has no foundation in fact.

The truth is that seperate schooling served only to increase sectarian division.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

El Weirdo wrote: »
    mod

I don't care how you word it, it's still petty name-calling. Quit.

And Dboy85 - stop trolling.

/mod

I'm not trolling, I'm being genuine. Thanks for singling me out, you're a real pro of a moderator! Top drawer

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

And yet you're telling people to keep their noses out of the business of public schools? Amazing that you don't see the hypocrisy in your stance.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I think he's questioning the right of school principals to refuse students because they are pregnant.
    Who said anything about 'on my own'?
    'They' will protest against any school that rejects a pupil for being pregnant.

Why can anti-Catholics not keep their noses out of Catholic schools?
    They will keep their nose out, when Catholic school principals like O'Shea stop refusing education to pregnant girls.

I do not know. What point are you trying to make? As Catholics tend to run their own schools, it is highly unlikely that a conservative Catholic would try to have his child admitted to a non-Catholic school.

As the vast majority of schools are run or owned in some form by the catholic church, its highly unlikely he'd have the opportunity to try.

Again - has a conservative catholic been refused admission to a school in this country because of their beliefs ? - take the last 20 years, say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I live in Northern Ireland..

That explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Posts like that just make you look like a tool legend. It's not even faintly amusing.

Maybe if you had a sense of humour it might of amused you. Posts like this make you look like a retard.

Fact of the matter is she got stung by opening her legs without having the brains to use contraceptive.

And what? What in your oh so infinite wisdom should happen to her now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

a) contraceptives aren't 100% effective.
    b) The "ethos" of the school probably ensured that kids weren't educated in safe sex and contraception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I'm not in favour of young girls going out and getting pregnant, by no means.
    But lets be realistic here. It happens.
    What galls me is she TRIED to go back to school and continue her education in the and was cast the harlot.
    I have a friend who got pregnant at roughly the same age and was still in school. We are not talking recent as her "child" is now 23!!
    She was allowed to continue her education and as a consequence all these years latter has a good job, own home and wonderful family.

Would this have happened if she had been fecked out of school????

the min i heard the school description i knew what school. its not the 1st time the auld fecker has done it. he kicked someone out years ago in the middle of her leaving cert yr

the min i heard the school description i knew what school. its not the 1st time the auld fecker has done it. he kicked someone out years ago in the middle of her leaving cert yr

So this school is run by one man with full control as a sort of dictatorship.??
    Catholic heaven i would have thought;)

But seriously. How can the state fund what essentially is one mans power trip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

All people want is for people to be treated the same no matter what religion. Recently the ESB's monolopy on electricity was broken up by the government, same with Board Gais. Catholic Church control 92% of primary schools. Surely childrens education is more important than who provides your gas?
    Either way, it's changing whether you like it or not.

So this school is run by one man with full control as a sort of dictatorship.??
    Catholic heaven i would have thought;)

But seriously. How can the state fund what essentially is one mans power trip?

We could fill the board with "How can the state......" lets face it. Sure the eejit hasn't even broken a law.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Well this is discrimination of the highest order. The catholic church wouldn't know what Christanity was if it jumped up and bit them. They contradict every christanity is about like compassion humanity, justice, love and acceptance.
    They judged this vulnerable young girl and denied her the human right of education. This is wrong, anyone with a working moral compass can see this.
    Nothing surprises me about how far from christanity the catholic church is, they judge a young pregnant girl for having her baby and they judge girls for having abortions. Actually it's not really about them opposing christian teachings, they are opposing humanity being humane to others worse off i.e a vulnerable pregnant teenger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement