Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams and Nightmares

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Think that happened me for a few seconds only the other night; felt like I was locked in. Was lying on my back and about to fall asleep

Its fkn brutal. Last time I got one was when I was in hospital for a few weeks back in 2008. Couldn't sleep on my side due to the accident add morphine, oxycontin and all that other good stuff to the mix and it was the worst fkn nightmare of my life. Was trying to pull myself out of it for ages and when I woke I thought I's pissed the bed but it was only sweat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

quick question how come you guys are awake ??

luckyfrank wrote: »
    if i was a pilot id be flying:D

My flight touched down there a few hours ago...met some fierce turbulence on the way down :eek:

quick question how come you guys are awake ??

Insomnia after the weekend :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

LaVail wrote: »
    Its fkn brutal. Last time I got one was when I was in hospital for a few weeks back in 2008. Couldn't sleep on my side due to the accident add morphine, oxycontin and all that other good stuff to the mix and it was the worst fkn nightmare of my life. Was trying to pull myself out of it for ages and when I woke I thought I's pissed the bed but it was only sweat :o

thought it was a mini stroke or something. fùckin head was shakin a bit. Think I tried to move / open my eyes, which I think I couldn't do but then it really was only for a second or two. And on the verge of falling asleep anyhow but It bugged me out - good luck with that. If that's what it was

• Advertisement

anything cause the insomnia ?

It's usually caused by stress/anxiety and yeah the first few times you have them they shake you up a bit.

btw im an insomnic too pal

It's usually caused by stress/anxiety and yeah the first few times you have them they shake you up a bit.
    maybe ur depressed ? biggest cause of insomnia im in that boat

maybe ur depressed ? biggest cause of insomnia im in that boat

In that case I'm depressed for the last 15 years on and off :mad:

I might watch the animals of farthing wood later and see if it helps.

• Advertisement

well if it happens again, and I'm fairly certain it did happen, I won't be taking it in my stride I'll be having my head scanned

In that case I'm depressed for the last 15 years on and off :mad:

I might watch the animals of farthing wood later and see if it helps.

being serious with you, you might not even realise ur depressed had insomnia since 18 thought i just had a racing mind thing is i was depressed without realising it

well if it happens again, and I'm fairly certain it did happen, I won't be taking it in my stride I'll be having my head scanned

No harm in going to the doctors if you're worried about it. At least if its nothing it'll put you at ease a bit.

being serious with you, you might not even realise ur depressed had insomnia since 18 thought i just had a racing mind thing is i was depressed without realising it

I told the doctor about it before and he gave me different types of sleepers etc but I decided to come off those after a bit because I was fked the following day. Never got diagnosed with depression though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

My friends love to hear what dreams I have as usually they can be fair funny, No real nightmares as such or maybe I forget them but lots of dreams about my hometown.

One funny dream was that I was two doors up and two women, African and Irish came into me and said the Gardaí were at my door so I walked out and as I passed my neighbours house I had a gander to see was he there and as I looked at my front door I suddenly woke, Bang bang bang I froze the Gardai really were at my door with a warrant..He was hammering down the door..

Friday morning last was similar although it was a neighbour they wanted.

Amazing how even in my sleep I knew it was them.

I told the doctor about it before and he gave me different types of sleepers etc but I decided to come off those after a bit because I was fked the following day. Never got diagnosed with depression though.
    i was on lexotan for years had horrible time getting off them , i use to think i wasnt depressed i was able to laugh, i was convinced i wasnt depressed just a regular bloke, good at football, popular with the girls, good looking depression can affect anyone, i wasted years just wish i went on AD's earlier

No harm in going to the doctors if you're worried about it. At least if its nothing it'll put you at ease a bit.

No you did put me at ease sufficiently enough its just first time out it felt like the stuff strokes might be made of - anyhow. Going to test it out now, maybe encourage it. bring in on. Like a good hypochondriac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I had a simimla dream to the ops years ago where the moon started falling to the earth releasing everyones inhibitions so the world turned into pandemonium. Only lobotomised mental patients remained normal.

Also people who ever had plastic surgery, their bodies started to reject their new parts.

I miss those crazy dreams

i was on lexotan for years had horrible time getting off them , i use to think i wasnt depressed i was able to laugh, i was convinced i wasnt depressed just a regular bloke, good at football, popular with the girls, good looking depression can affect anyone, i wasted years just wish i went on AD's earlier

Yeah I suppose there's no harm in going to the doctors and seeing what he says this time. I know lots of people who suffer from depression and their moods vary from day to day. I don't feel down but it's the sleep issue I have a problem with.

Maybe I could have mild depression or something.

Anyway I'm gonna have a shower and eat some breakfast so I'll catch ya later :cool:

Yeah I suppose there's no harm in going to the doctors and seeing what he says this time. I know lots of people who suffer from depression and their moods vary from day to day. I don't feel down but it's the sleep issue I have a problem with.

Maybe I could have mild depression or something.

Anyway I'm gonna have a shower and eat some breakfast so I'll catch ya later :cool:
    good man

• Advertisement
Advertisement