Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreams and Nightmares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

EdenHazard wrote: »
    OMG I'd love a cool dream like going to space, is there anyway to influence your dreams?

Yes Lucid dreaming, look it up.

Although people who have tried to go to Space using lucid dreaming, have been known to die and never come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Yes Lucid dreaming, look it up.

Although people who have tried to go to Space using lucid dreaming, have been known to die and never come back.

Easy singles slices have the same effect, no wait that was acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

A while ago I dreamt that I was standing in the doorway of a bathroom as James Woods poked pieces of metal into his face nonchalantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I feel like i have rats crawling over me and that there are people walking around me taking notes.

I feel like i have rats crawling over me and that there are people walking around me taking notes.

Right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I always have crazy dreams and nightmares. Over active imagination and all that.
    The OH says that the stuff I say in my sleep is amazing. It's ranged from quoting star wars to interviewing ninjas...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Cheese before bed will induce craziness. If bobby has watermellon wirhin 8 hours of bed, everybody dies horribly. I did this while in Greece (had watermellon), had grusome dreams. Woke up feeling like crap. Same again second night. Realized what caused it, & gave it a skip. Came back to again a few days later for the craic; same result.

So now I just don't bother, it's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

The first time I had sleep paralysis I hallucinated that a man was standing at the end of my bed, then he climbed on top of me and started to choke me, had never heard of such a thing before so it really freaked me out.

I read that the falling feeling we get when we are nodding off is a hangover from our monkey ancestors living in trees, when falling asleep could mean certain death. That could be complete bs though.

On a lighter side I had a recent dream that I was a Bond villain. I woke up saying 'you only live twice Mr bond to an empty room' I laughed myself back to sleep.

As for recurring dreams, I often have a dream that i am driving my dads van.
    another one I have sometimes is that Tony Soprano is my dad.

Dreams are weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

have yet to actually induce a dream...but i have no job for the summer so ill give it all my time :P

ate popcorn there..that suppose to do something right?

would love to control a dream.

eldwaro wrote: »
    have yet to actually induce a dream...but i have no job for the summer so ill give it all my time :P

ate popcorn there..that suppose to do something right?

would love to control a dream.

Teacher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

The very odd time I'll eat a lump of cheese just before I go to bed, just to see what happens with my dreams. Unreal vivid stuff, its amazing what your mind can conjour up in your sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Domo230 wrote: »
    How do you know what they were dreaming of if they died :confused:

They've been known to scream out " I can't breathe, I'm lost in Space," before they die. Also, lucid dreamers keep a diary about what they plan to dream about, as part of the experience ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I get these things called Night Terrors.

Its basically having a nightmare……but your eyes are open and you are awake.

I've ran into my parents room (when I was a child) screaming at top of my voice about "The Wind" cursing and telling them they have to go.

Another time it occurred and I lay paralyzed in bed. I can only remember trying to focus on a shoe on the floor as a whirlwind swept through the room. I did. Next thing I wake up hours later with no recollection of anything. Then I seen the shoe and it all came back to me.

I get reoccuring dreams often and I can remember many of my dreams (much to the deilght of my friends).

Me and my older brother had the exact same dream one night except a dragon was chasing me and it was a werewolf chasing him !!

I only get those night terrors after a prolonged heavy session drinking. They're no fun that's for sure.

The last time I had them I was in my room, alone, half awake, half sleeping/dreaming the night after I was out, and I was still feeling rough as fcuk. I was lying on my side and I was full sure someone put a hand on my shoulder, I felt it and all! The worse part was I was too paralysed with the hangover and being half asleep to turn over to convince myself I was imagining it! It was definitely one of those moments you think to yourself "Never again!"

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

Anyone ever have dreams about losing theeth?

I get ****ed up one's where my teeth either fall out or just shatter or disolve in my mouth when i go to eat something,there the worst dreams i ever get...my father gets them to oddly enough.

Anyone ever have dreams about losing theeth?

I get ****ed up one's where my teeth either fall out or just shatter or disolve in my mouth when i go to eat something,there the worst dreams i ever get...my father gets them to oddly enough.

There's supposed to be some sort of meaning behind dreams about teeth falling out, can't remember what it is right now. Probably bs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

shrewdness wrote: »
    There's supposed to be some sort of meaning behind dreams about teeth falling out, can't remember what it is right now. Probably bs anyway.

Yea somebody told me before that stess cause's them and if your teeth fall out or break it means different things,but it prob is bs tho..i have other ones were my jaw locks and i wake up teeth clenched,was gona actually sleep wearing a gumgaurd they were getting that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

What exactly is lucid dreaming? I have some fcuked up dreams/nightmares sometimes and also go sleepwalk sometimes. It's usually when I've something on my mind. Feels very weird to wake up in the middle of a sleepwalking episode:o

Yeah the whole dream thing is mind-boggling to me if I think about it for too long, I really believe there's more to the subconscious than meets the eye.

Some recurring themes in my dreams mindfúck the shít out of me:

Dreams in which I am flying are common to me, and have been for as long as I can remember. But where most people soar to dazzling heights above the clouds in their dreams, I can never make it above 7-8 feet into the air. I am always trying to get away from someone/something but can never fly higher than they can reach. WTF is that about?

Another recurring theme for me is 'teeth'. They are more common than my 'kinda flying' dreams. In the 'teeth' dreams, my teeth start falling out or become really loose and just dangle from my gums. Those kind of dreams are very testing, in the dream I know that I am dreaming and then I 'wake up' in the dream, but still my teeth are in ruins. That moment when I do actually wake up for real and realise I still have a full mouth of teeth is almost euphoric. This kind of dream has only come into my life in the last 6-7 years. Oddly enough, I stopped going to the dentist about 8 years ago and maybe this is my subconscious telling me that I should be taking better care of my teeth beyond regular brushing. A variation on this dream that happens every now and again is that instead of my teeth falling out, they are surrounded and entangled in a load of chewing gum that I can't spit out. Again I ask...WTF??

Then there's the 'I'm in a crowd of people but I'm the only one not wearing any trousers or underwear' dream that happens a bit too often. I'm not going to even try to touch that one with a barge pole though!

And finally there's the dream where I'm trying to fight someone but my arms won't move to hit them. Sometimes I have a gun, but the trigger won't move when I try to shoot it, or if I do manage to shoot the gun only a speckle of dust comes out of it. Is this my subconscious trying to tell me i'm infertile??

So yeah, dreams, kinda mental aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

I've had a reoccuring dream where I am swordfighting a knight in armour (not toilet swordfighting)

After a tedious and tiring fight I stab him through the heart to find out he's immortal.

We then continue to fight and I tire. I tire some more and I normally get to a semi-state of consciousness and have a choice to fight on or wake up.

I always choose wake up !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

ziggy23 wrote: »
    What exactly is lucid dreaming?

being aware you're dreaming and controlling your dreams. Gets weird for me because i become aware that i'm dreaming but also aware that i'm no longer aware of my actual surroundings in my bedroom. I get worried then and try to wake up to see if anyone is in the room, usually ends up being a waking up from a dream within a dream within a dream scenario like inception :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I keep dreaming I'm Batman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Either I'm not dreaming anymore, or I'm just not remembering em upon waking. I reckon the latter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

eldwaro wrote: »
    So does anyone else like have lucid dreams of nightmares?

had a great apocalyptic nightmare the other night...big disease spreading through the world and fighting for supplies and killing people and stuff...some thrill...

have anyone ever induced such a nightmare?

if not has anyone conquered lucid dreaming even?

(p.s. im not a crazy person)

did you **** to your dream ? if not then its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I only get sleep paralysis, which is horrible.

Sleep on your side and it probably wont happen. I used to get that sh1t all the time but each time it happened I was sleeping on my back...Now that I sleep on my side it hasn't happened in years.

LaVail wrote: »
    Sleep on your side and it probably wont happen. I used to get that sh1t all the time but each time it happened I was sleeping on my back...Now that I sleep on my side it hasn't happened in years.

your awake !!!!!! howya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Think that happened me for a few seconds only the other night; felt like I was locked in. Was lying on my back and about to fall asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

luckyfrank wrote: »
    your awake !!!!!! howya

What's the craic :pac:

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Think that happened me for a few seconds only the other night; felt like I was locked in. Was lying on my back and about to fall asleep
    happend to me once only after a mad one needless to say havnt had a mad one since ;)

• Advertisement

LaVail wrote: »
    What's the craic :pac:
    if i was a pilot id be flying:D

Advertisement