Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Women) 10 Round Numbers- how many of these can you run in 2012?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

I ran a 3.01 800m in training last night. If only I'd remembered the 800m round number…sigh. (I know training doesn't count for the table but it'd be good to bank personally).

Looking at the numbers again - I think the 400m is most scary right now. I think it would kill me to dip under 85 seconds, never mind another 15 seconds faster again. Hmmm.

That said, I'd be interested to see what I could do on fresh legs with no session or race impending.

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    You should easily run under 3 minutes. Aim for sub 2:45 instead.

Just remembered this post...:rolleyes: Don't think I'm quite there but hopefully by the end of the year.

Again, I'd be interested to see what I could do on fresh legs with no session or race impending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

claralara wrote: »
    I ran a 3.01 800m in training last night. If only I'd remembered the 800m round number…sigh. (I know training doesn't count for the table but it'd be good to bank personally).

Looking at the numbers again - I think the 400m is most scary right now. I think it would kill me to dip under 85 seconds, never mind another 15 seconds faster again. Hmmm.

That said, I'd be interested to see what I could do on fresh legs with no session or race impending.

Nothing wrong with training times counting, as long as it is on a proper track and is timed properly.

I reckon you'd get close to the 2:45 if you were doing a proper 800m race, going into it fresh.

Pisco Sour wrote: »
    I reckon you'd get close to the 2:45 if you were doing a proper 800m race, going into it fresh.

Yeah, I'd hope to pencil that into the calendar at some stage before the end of the year. Just out of curiosity…. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Name|400m<70 secs|800m<3min|1 mile<6 min|3k<12min|5k<20min|5mile<35min|10k<40m|10miles<70min|Half Marathon<100mins|Marathon<200min
    HelenAnne||||| |||||
    caseyjones1||| |||34:20| |||
    Marthastew||||||32.33||95.50|
    claralara|||||19:57|34:47|||93:35|
    househunter||||||||||

Having failed in my attempt to run sub 20 for 5K last Sunday in Raheny (20.07:() I got lucky in the Docklands 8K on Tuesday; Fantastic evening for a run on a really great course. I even managed a 1st in my age category:)....
    If at first you don't succeed.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Well done! That's a fantastic time & well below the 'round number'!

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Well done! That's a fantastic time & well below the 'round number'!

Well done to you HelenAnne for requesting the table, it's amazing what a table can do for motivation:)

How is your training going? Any races on the horizon for you?

Thanks! It is great to have the targets. I don't think I'll hit any this year, I was just showing willing when I put my name in. My numbers are going in the right direction though. I was over 47 minutes in the Docklands 8k last year, and 37.08 this year. I did my second half marathon yesterday (The Strawberry Half in Enniscorthy) and knocked a few minutes off my Kildare Half time last month (down to 1.48.23 from 1.52.43), so I feel I'm getting more confident over various distances.

I MIGHT possibly break 20 in the 5k this year, and I'll aim for some more of the targets next year.

Well done again to everyone on the table, some great times!

Thanks! It is great to have the targets. I don't think I'll hit any this year, I was just showing willing when I put my name in. My numbers are going in the right direction though. I was over 47 minutes in the Docklands 8k last year, and 37.08 this year. I did my second half marathon yesterday (The Strawberry Half in Enniscorthy) and knocked a few minutes off my Kildare Half time last month (down to 1.48.23 from 1.52.43), so I feel I'm getting more confident over various distances.

I MIGHT possibly break 20 in the 5k this year, and I'll aim for some more of the targets next year.

Well done again to everyone on the table, some great times!

37.08 in Docklands is a SUPER time, 10 minute improvement!

What time did you do in Strawberry Half? I was pacing 1.45 along with meno, it was a great race, really well organised and one I'd definitely do again.

Thank you! I don't think the 10-minute improvement is all down to an increase in fitness though, I think it takes me a while to learn to race a distance (maybe it's the same for everyone?). I think last year I thought 8k was REALLY long, so I held back, over-cautiously. I was delighted with my time this year though!

I did 1.48.23 in the Strawberry Half, which I was pleased with. It was my second half marathon, so I think I felt a bit more confident of finishing than I did in Kildare last month! Well done on pacing! I think your husband may have run with my husband for a while yesterday, maybe? My husband ('Eoinín' on boards) was running for a while with a man who said his wife was pacing 1.45, maybe that was you! I really enjoyed the race, lovely countryside, well organised etc.

• Advertisement

Thank you! I don't think the 10-minute improvement is all down to an increase in fitness though, I think it takes me a while to learn to race a distance (maybe it's the same for everyone?). I think last year I thought 8k was REALLY long, so I held back, over-cautiously. I was delighted with my time this year though!

I did 1.48.23 in the Strawberry Half, which I was pleased with. It was my second half marathon, so I think I felt a bit more confident of finishing than I did in Kildare last month! Well done on pacing! I think your husband may have run with my husband for a while yesterday, maybe? My husband ('Eoinín' on boards) was running for a while with a man who said his wife was pacing 1.45, maybe that was you! I really enjoyed the race, lovely countryside, well organised etc.

Congrats on the PB yesterday and well done to your husband also, that was definitely my husband he was talking to. Mr Stew (not on boards) really enjoyed the race also and he told me he was chatting to lots of really nice people along the way.
    Good luck with your training over the Summer and I'm sure we'll catch up with each other at a race soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Name|400m<70 secs|800m<3min|1 mile<6 min|3k<12min|5k<20min|5mile<35min|10k<40m|10miles<70min|Half Marathon<100mins|Marathon<200min
    HelenAnne||||| |||||
    househunter||||||||||
    karkar athlete|59.07|2.27||||||||

Deceided to join in on this even though the thread hasn't been updated in a month :eek: but hopefully the others here have improved their times :D I'll go for the shorter sides of things......

HelenAnne||||| |||||
    househunter||||||||||

Deceided to join in on this even though the thread hasn't been updated in a month :eek: but hopefully the others here have improved their times :D I'll go for the shorter sides of things......

Welcome! It’s nice to see the shorter stuff filled out. I’ve been watching the Diamond League and am in absolute awe of the speed of those girls. I would never have appreciated the sprint distances and the difficulty/intensity etc of those races until I joined a club. I only run them in training but I can barely break 85-90 seconds for 400m and would be in bits after an attempt! As I said, it’s not my area but it’s certainly one into which I’m gleaning a bit more insight. If you care to share…what are your history/training/goals etc?

HelenAnne||||| |||||
    Marthastew||||||32.33|||95.50 |
    househunter||||||||||

MS – just notice you have your HM time under the 10mile time…we know you’re faster than that… Credit where credit’s due ;)

Welcome to the table Karkar Athlete:) Like CL, I have very little insight into the shorter distances (even less than her I would imagine) and only now as I'm introducing speedwork am I beginning to comprehend what might be involved. I'm convinced I would find it easier to reach the marathon goal than any of the shorter goals but I suppose a lot of it is down to training. I'm hoping to give the 10 Mile goal a shot in August, lots of work for me to do between now and then;)

HelenAnne||||| |||||
    househunter||||||||||
    karkar athlete|59.07|2.27||||||||MS – just notice you have your HM time under the 10mile time…we know you’re faster than that… Credit where credit’s due ;)

Thanks for fixing that.... I may be an expert Guiness Bread maker but I'm definitely table challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Marthastew wrote: »
    I'm convinced I would find it easier to reach the marathon goal than any of the shorter goals

800m, mile, and 3k you could do tomorrow. You ran 21 minutes for the 5k last week, right? Assuming an even pace, that was about 3.20 for the 800, 6.45 for the mile, and 12.35 for the 3k.

RayCun wrote: »
    800m, mile, and 3k you could do tomorrow. You ran 21 minutes for the 5k last week, right? Assuming an even pace, that was about 3.20 for the 800, 6.45 for the mile, and 12.35 for the 3k.

I suppose it's just a question of confidence and a fear of the unknown and I'm just used to longer stuff, my first stand-alone running race was a 10 mile.
    There's no doubt that I love the longer races but now that I've finally joined a club I'm looking forward to taking on the challenge of the shorter distances.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Welcome! It’s nice to see the shorter stuff filled out. I’ve been watching the Diamond League and am in absolute awe of the speed of those girls. I would never have appreciated the sprint distances and the difficulty/intensity etc of those races until I joined a club. I only run them in training but I can barely break 85-90 seconds for 400m and would be in bits after an attempt! As I said, it’s not my area but it’s certainly one into which I’m gleaning a bit more insight. If you care to share…what are your history/training/goals etc?

Hi!!!!! Thanks very much. I know even to me the speed of some of them is ridiculous :eek:.

Well anyway I have been running for 9 years, I think!!! Still a juvenile/junior. Well at the moment I have only really got into a block of training for once and I have had a competition for each week I have trained :eek:. Going into my 7th week know and things are too bad :rolleyes:.

While competing I am training twice a week. I do 400 reps, or 600's and 400's and a couple of 200's thrown in. I have combined events coming up so I have started to train for the other events as well. I am a bit of an all rounder if you go have a look at the T&F IAAF Ranking Challenge thread :D.

Well my main goal this year was to go sub 60 in the 400 have that done now, but now the next goal is below 59 but very close to it :( but still off it slightly but don't see me having anymore 400's this season so will have to keep it for next year :rolleyes:.

HelenAnne||||| |||||
    claralara|||||19:57|34:47|||87:48|
    househunter||||||||||

Just updating my HM time. How is everyone getting on with their targets? I think we need to find a couple of short races and beef this table up a bit!!

BHAA mile race on Saturday in Santry, see how much you can smash that by :)

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    BHAA mile race on Saturday in Santry, see how much you can smash that by :)

Yeah I was scoping that out the other day. I have 22 miles to do on Saturday though so was trying to figure out the logistics... Maybe I could get a lift to Santry and make my way home... hmmmm!

Maybe I could get a lift to Santry and make my way home... hmmmm!

sure, give me a shout if you want a lift

Well done, claralara! I'm not going to make any of these this year (though I'll keep trying) but I think the 5k is the one I'm nearest to. My best 2-mile time is 13.22, so if I can get that down a bit & keep the pace up for another mile or so ...

It's great to have the targets though, and I'll sign up to the table again next year.

Claralara, did I hear on another thread that you WON the women's race in the Longford Marathon? Well done!!!

HelenAnne||||| |||||
    claralara|||||19:57|34:47|||87:48|188:08
    househunter||||||||||

Marathon - check!! :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Marathon - check!! :D:D:D:D

Savage run!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Name 400m<70 secs 800m<3min 1 mile<6 min 3k<12min 5k<20min 5mile<35min 10k<40m 10miles<70min Half Marathon<100mins Marathon<200min
    HelenAnne
    caseyjones1 34:20
    Marthastew 32.33 95.50
    claralara 19:57 34:47 87:48 188:08
    karkar athlete 59.07 2.27

Gonna have to remove my empty line from this. Am preggers so defo won't be breaking any of these times this year!! Maybe next year ;)

Well done Claralara. Amazing time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Gonna have to remove my empty line from this. Am preggers so defo won't be breaking any of these times this year!! Maybe next year ;)
    Sonia O'Sullivan ran some amazing times while pregnant. ;)

Only joking. Congratulations.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Sonia O'Sullivan ran some amazing times while pregnant. ;)

Only joking. Congratulations.. :)

If you could see me running at the moment you wouldn't even joke. Honestly, running is probably overstating it. But I guess at least I'm still getting out :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

HelenAnne||||| |||||
    claralara|||||19:57|34:47|||87:48|188:08
    karkar athlete|59.07|2.27|||||||
    career_move|||||||||98:55|
    :D:D:D

Advertisement