Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Neither locker or whitehurst talked to the media today, locker has talked to yhe media every Wednesday even
    When injured.

Strong rumours that Mett is going to be named starter tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Confirmed that Mett starts against the Texans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Confirmed that Mett starts against the Texans

1st start in the NFL & you get to go against JJ Watt and Jadveon Clowney, stuff of dreams!!

Yep, baptism of fire to be sure but if he makes plays with those guys bearing down on him then we'll have a decent qb, really going to be an interesting game Sunday.

Rumours are that locker leaked the info cos he's pissed at Whiz..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

I really like Locker. I just wish he could stay healthy. I really dislike Mett, but at the same time I don't want to watch my team lose. If locker is no longer an option I hope we draft a new QB in the next draft.

On another note, I had such high hopes for Whiz but when we keep losing games in the last 1 minute consistently the blame has to fall on him.

• Advertisement

I would love to see locker as the back up, never going to happen though.

If Mett had a poor rest of the season he becomes back up to the new qb that's a drafted id imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I really like Locker. I just wish he could stay healthy. I really dislike Mett, but at the same time I don't want to watch my team lose. If locker is no longer an option I hope we draft a new QB in the next draft.

On another note, I had such high hopes for Whiz but when we keep losing games in the last 1 minute consistently the blame has to fall on him.

What's wrong with him?

Well that didnt go according to plan..

Have only seen highlights but mett was poor though im sure he didnt get any help from his o-line.

Defense spent most of the game on the field so was knackered

Well that didnt go according to plan..

Have only seen highlights but mett was poor though im sure he didnt get any help from his o-line.

Defense spent most of the game on the field so was knackered

watched the game, O line was fantastic if you ignore the 6+ penalties they gave up which put mett in some first and long territory. He had eternity in the pocket though. We handled JJ watt well I though. A few drops didn't help him at times, but he was just erratic himself. I suppose that's what we should expect from a rookie.

we are well on our way to getting a top 3 or 4 pick

• Advertisement

we are well on our way to getting a top 3 or 4 pick

The question is, do we take a QB or not

The question is, do we take a QB or not

I dont know enough about the QBs in next years draft, Mariota looks interesting, but tbh i think with any good performances from Mett, they'll keep him and sign a pass rusher.

Tbh if we do have a high pick i could defintely see us trading back in the draft, we have a lot of holes and i think we could see a bit of a clear out in january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens and Titans both on two game losing streaks and desperate not to lose 3

I'm looking forward to see Dumervil torch Michael Oher :)

From what I saw of Mettenberger he seemed to my uneducated eyes to be a bit like Rivers, he'd stand until the last second, deliver the pass and take the hit. He doesn't scramble, no? He can launch the long passes for sure.

Ravens go as the offensive line goes and I was impressed with the Titans pass rush against Houston with 5 sacks. Titans are joint 9th in the league for sacks so that's very decent.

I think Baltimore should win but should be a good game

After a solid start the first couple of games, he's literally fallen apart.

Has allowed 4 sacks, multiple pressures and Qb hits, Warmack isnt helping him to be fair. The right side of the line is shocking, if Roos had been healthy, Lewan would be our RT and we'd not be in too bad shape.

He's not a scrambler, he will stay in the pocket and take a hit if he's able to release the ball, a true pocket passer. He's got the arm, just remains to be seen if he has the talent, I hope so because we need a QB desperately. a lot of comparisons to Big Ben it seems.

Titans pass rush has gotten better... but it comes from Casey.
    Klug and our FS have been getting through the o-lines well.. Even Wimbley has a a couple of sacks.

I expect us to get to Flacco but i also expect him to torch us with soem deep bombs

At this point out season is over, so all i hope for is a good game by Mett

Have to say that was the most enjoyable weekend of football since week 1.

I don't really care how mett plays tbh. If he's good we build a team around him. If he's not we draft the top rated QB prospect. Think we have the worst record of any team who would consider drafting a QB.

Yep, Jags and Raiders wont take a QB

I could see the Jets take a QB if they get a new HC, hard to know what would happen in Tampa aswell.

I think if Mett shows any promise he is our QB for next year

Best thing I've seen from the titans all year

Well... I expected an enormous blow out last night.

I've only watched the highlights but

- Mett performed well, the int wasnt his fault
    -Sankey seemed to play well, but does need more yards
    - The washington TD was a thing of beauty
    -Our run D was 100% ****e

But overall a lot of positives

The only thing I'm taking from it is another big lead blown. Is it a coaching issue, a fitness issue or concentration issue. Either way there is no excuse.

• Advertisement

Not surprised we lost to the Eagles.

Poor on D, Mett was decent but was given no protection at all.

Sacked 5 times, numerous hurries and hits. Lewan struggled early but got better as the game went on until injury.

Walker is immense, if he went down injured we'd get less than 100 yards per game.

We are gong to be top 3 picking surely, but at least we have a QB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Sacked 5 times, numerous hurries and hits. Lewan struggled early but got better as the game went on until injury.

Walker is immense, if he went down injured we'd get less than 100 yards per game.

Do you think Mett has enough about him to be a starter!? I know it's very early in a career to be deciding his worth but well, we all know that everyone expects immediate results!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Do you think Mett has enough about him to be a starter!? I know it's very early in a career to be deciding his worth but well, we all know that everyone expects immediate results!

Yep i think so, he put up over 300 yards and a couple of good TDs all while getting hammered, with a better line we make that game a very close contest

I don't know if we do. I didn't think the protection given to Mett was bad at all. In fact I thought it was good. It seemed to me that Mett was just completely indecisive. Thought he was taking far too long to release the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭nerd69

to be honest with ye lads (and this is going off one game so perhaps Im stupid to even be commenting) yes ye are pretty bad right now but i think ye potentially have some nice pieces to build around a good draft and maby a player in free agency and ye are a prime bounce back candidate as far as I'm concerned (although the fear is that all 4 teams in the division look like they could be very good very soon)

what i saw from met yesterday (and i looked at all his throws vs the texans) ye can definitely be a starting nfl qb but i would imagine there will be a serious look taken at winston in particular in this draft he could change your franchise and give you a qb that can compete with luck (and i dont think met can ever get to that level)

anyway just said id pop in and give my two cents

I think the eagles corners did good coverage a lot which is why he was holding the ball a little longer, but there were a few plays one in particular which was a bootleg and as soon as Mett turned around the DE was on him, that cant be happening

even at this point i dont think we take a QB, not that im an expert but i think Mett is the QB that Whiz wants, some pieces on the o-line, a stud WR and i think we look a different team.

We can score points, i think the D needs a complete refurb!

In all credit to michael griffin, dislocated his shoulder had it popped back in in the locker room, came back out and played

I think the eagles corners did good coverage a lot which is why he was holding the ball a little longer, but there were a few plays one in particular which was a bootleg and as soon as Mett turned around the DE was on him, that cant be happening

never thought id hear this sentence be uttered :D

to be honest ye did a better job than most teams have against our pass rush we got a few sacks against ye but outside of them didn't pressure met as much as we normally would

nerd69 wrote: »
    never thought id hear this sentence be uttered :D

to be honest ye did a better job than most teams have against our pass rush we got a few sacks against ye but outside of them didn't pressure met as much as we normally would

They did enough to make Mett wait a bit longer, Delanie Walker is the safety blanket though, guy is a machine and our version of Gronk :p

• Advertisement

They did enough to make Mett wait a bit longer, Delanie Walker is the safety blanket though, guy is a machine and our version of Gronk :p

ya at one point one of our dbs (nate allen i think) had him cornered an was about to knock him into touch and he just lowered his head and went through him like he was not there fecking animal

Advertisement