Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Roos is retiring :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ex Green Bay backer visited, Jacoby Jones is visiting tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I don't know this player. Green Bay had a James Jones alright who went to Oakland.
    Ex Green Bay backer visited, Jacoby Jones is visiting tomorrow

You dont want the Jacoby Jones from Houston and Baltimore!

Brad Jones is the backer. Need to check what I'm typing!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Jones signed for the eagles last night!

• Advertisement

Harry Douglas Falcons WR is visiting.

From what I've read he's be a good signing

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i dunno - he was wr3 behind julio jones and roddy white - seems to be solid - but wouldnt offer him too much cos i dont think he is much better than wr2-3 - def not wr1!!

he'd be competing for the 2 nd WR position with Hunter id imagine

as it'll likely get lost, ill stick this here too

just listening to Titans GM Ruston Webster on one of the Nashville Stations.

- Spoke to a lot of agents, a lot of guys taking less money to stay (hometown discount)
    - Aiming focus on OLBs/DEs and pass rushing areas, DLB involved when players visit.
    - Titans hope to sign some of their own guys tomorrow Morgan and a few other, hopefully Klug is involved here.

Separately

- McCourty said the Titans did a lot of good things in their pursuit but the Pats stepped up and once they made their interest clear he was staying. Cited the "ability to win" as one of main reasons for staying.

- Taylor Mays SS formerly of the Bengals was seen at a Nashville medical facility apparently.

Locker becomes a FA in a few hours.

Very sorry it didnt work out for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Locker becomes a FA in a few hours.

Very sorry it didnt work out for him

Any chance of him being brought back? If not where is he rumoured to go?

Still think there is time for him to be a success.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Any chance of him being brought back? If not where is he rumoured to go?

Still think there is time for him to be a success.

I dont think so.. I think part of the reason he was benched is in the Browns game he went against Whiz and used his legs, yes he got injured but he was healthy 2 weeks later and was still left out.

I would expect to be a back up, Seattle may suit as would SF.

just a shame he couldnt stay healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

yeah going to miss him, as i said in the FA, i really became a proper titans fan when he was drafted such a shame for him to be injured so much

Orakpo,
    Morgan
    Searcy
    Douglas

Thats our FA class so far, expect us to sign another OLB as depth, likely Harrison. Oddly i expect us to keep Wimbley

Searcy is good from what analysis i've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

well look at that heli after all that waiting they all come at once some potentially really nice signings there

yeah a good day, defense has massively improved, we need some depth and a CB but i think we are in good shape.

Offense still needs some work, the line especially

Happy enough so far.

Would have preferred to roll with Mett, get Williams and DGB but Mariota is the man.

Expect them to go RB next and then probably DB/LB and DT

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Heffo001

Happy enough so far.

Would have preferred to roll with Mett, get Williams and DGB but Mariota is the man.

Expect them to go RB next and then probably DB/LB and DT

I'm really happy with it.

Was hoping that they would stay put at 2 and take Mariota.

As yesterday wore on I went and re-watched tape on some of the prospects I thought they might take and by the end I had my heart set on them taking DGB. So I was delighted when they got two picks for trading back and then still picked they player I wanted.

And I didn't know anything about Poutasi before the draft and looking at a couple of his games this morning I'm not delighted at the idea of him playing Tackle. But hopefully he'll prove good enough to play RT and if not he could be a mauler at guard.

I've only been watching the draft for the past 5 or 6 years, but I've become accustomed to being fairly "meh" towards most of the Titans early round picks. Definitely not the case this year.

My knowledge is virtually non-existent from around this point of the draft, but of players I do know, Ajayi could be a good pick at the start of the 4th or maybe Cobb, who I think could form a good partnership in the backfield with Sankey. TJ Clemmings could be interesting as well if they decide it's the right time to take a chance on his injury concerns.

Full back and running back taken.

Both seem to be big bruisers too, should help out Sankey

• Advertisement

WImbley retires, thought he would have played on under DLB

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Not sure if anyone can help me but I'm over in Tennessee for the opening round of games but they are away from home. Ayone know where the best place to watch the game would be regards a bit of atmosphere? Also are there stadium tours and is it worth doing?

Cheers

Sams sports bar is apparently the best place, but get there early

Given the renewed hope around Mariota and the team in general, the 1st week is likely to see a lot of fans out and about

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

and mariota v winson no less

After Mettenberger saying the QB fight was to the death in Nashville.. things seem to have calmed down a little..

There is a lot of media interest in the Titans now, we were called the most improved offense (on paper:pac:) by nfl.com

Very much looking forward to the season

Realtively quiet on the Titans front.

DGB hasnt practised much due to a sore hammy but should be back this week.

Orakpo is being gently eased in, this is letting Whiz get a good look at linebacker JR Tavai, hes a UDFA but seems to be doing well and at this point has a good chance to make the roster

Hunter got a shot across the bow last week from Whiz, he needs to step his game up, him and DGB could be utterly immense deep and redzone threats and could become an immense tandem

Mariota seems to be doing well in camp but will be good to see what happens when pads etc are on.

Cox has been doing well also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

What are your expectations this year?

Would you take a 7-9 season now if I offered it to you?

D9Male wrote: »
    What are your expectations this year?

Would you take a 7-9 season now if I offered it to you?

I'd take 7-9, i would hope it'll be better.

8-8 would be fine with me tbh, but with so many new players at key positions its hard to know.

Not much activity with the Titans, Mariota still not signed, Titans sticking to their guns on the offset language in the contract.

Expectation is that they'll take it to the wire and then give him what he wants, he cant miss any training camp and if he does, the GM needs to be shot.

I've read a few articles on DGB and all seems very positive, so hopefully hes matured and can be a real weapon.

• Advertisement

I spoke too soon. Justin hunter has been arrested for stabbing someone, idiot

Advertisement