Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennessee Titans Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Marc Mariani was cut which i was sad about..
    Tommie Campbell also cut.

Khalid Wooten was released presumably for the PS, he tweeted "we'll see about that tomorrow" so far no one has picked him up.

We've signed quentin groves and released patrick bailey.

Signed a couple of WRs aswell.

Chiefs have lost a few key players for the game on sunday.. im hoping for the win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Campbell sounds intriguing and Ravens desperatly need another corner.

6'3", 198lbs and wikipedia says a 4.31 40 time. I don't know a whole lot about him though. He's been in the league for 3 years and that's better then a lot of 7th round picks manage.

Will he get snapped up in waivers Heli do you think?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You look at him and think he's a slightly older Sherman, then watch him okay.

For the last 3 years he's been pushed to take the number 2 cb job (by munchak) each year he's failed miserable and last couple of years he's been the 4th cb but didn't see many snaps and basically made no contribution.

Due to his speed and size he's an awesome special team gunner

I think he'll catch on somewhere but won't last long and that'll be him done in the nfl

The handicap for tomorrow has shortened due to key absences for the chiefs.

It's really a must win game, we need to get pressure on Smith early and let him know he's in a game.

Big worry is the number 2, it's going to be BWW starting with sensabaugh in the slot, it shouldn't be too stressful a game considering the absences but he has to make plays.

The o line is probably going to be the most important position here, hali and Houston will tear locker a new one if they don't protect him.

Roos will be solid against hali the bigger concern is Oher against Houston, I can see the Running back provide block and release pass protection to make sure Oher is holding up his man.

Can't wait for game time now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

How dominant did we look! Locker looked incredible! I was so impressed with our receiving corps too! Great way to start the season.

• Advertisement

was enjoyable to watch

The D was impressive after a bit of a slow 1st drive or 2, Mc Courty was excellent and the linebackers really stepped up from pre-season.

Chiefs oline was decimated though.

For our oline, run blocking was great, pass blocking not so much but Locker played pretty well & was smart with his runs.

Bigger test against Dallas next week, with Bryant, Witten and Murray they have a lot of weapons but their D should be in pieces.

Good chance to go 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Great result yesterday & Jake picking up from his encouraging start last year. Hopefully he can stay fit and ye can kick of as we will be doing **** all this year

If he goes down, we have to go wit Mett, Whitehurst is not going to win games.

But he played intelligently and thats what was best to see, he took off on a few scrambles but he ran OOB or slid when anyone came near him.

Another note the O-line was quite good, Oher was pretty dominate, the one pressure he gave up turned into a sack because Jake held on too long. Schwenke handled Poe well enough but Levitre did struggle

Cowboys will be a real test for our D, but looking forward to it

A lot of confidence from the team for this.

I think the general view is that the Titans D is going to have a tough job with the Boys offense, but our offense should be too powered up for the Cowboys D.

Hunter has a sore knee but hopefully its not too serious, everyone else should be good.

I expect a lot of rushing but also for Jake to send a few more deep passes.

Prediction, Titans by 10

awful awful game last night.

1st half we were inept offensively. at half time Lockers Qb rating was 2 :eek:

We came out better in the 2nd half but we were in too much of a hole in saying that if Pollard had held onto that pick we would have been up 17-16. If Nate has kept hold of the ball or if Locker hadnt put so much air on the pass to Walker we'd have been in the game til the end.

A proper fall back to earth after the Chiefs game, i mean keeping Charles to so few yards and then having Murray get 150 is odd.

Our CB depth is 0, McCourty missed the entire second half and Bryant had a field day.

Going to be exceptionally tough next week against the Bengals

• Advertisement

It's going to be a long year with a secondary like ours. Can't blame our front office though. Who would have figured the NFL would be a passing league this year?

.Long year with our secondary and our Qb in saying that the WRs didn't get much separation yesterday and while the line was decent in run blocking, in pass they were pretty poor.

Did you see lockers quote about the second int? Dumbfounded

.Long year with our secondary and our Qb in saying that the WRs didn't get much separation yesterday and while the line was decent in run blocking, in pass they were pretty poor.

Did you see lockers quote about the second int? Dumbfounded

I didn't what did he say?

He was asked why he threw to Nate "because he was open, I didn't realise he wasn't open til the Bengal caught the ball" pretty dumb

Wouldnt have been surprised to be 1-3 at this point.
    But in our last 3 games we have been 100% dominated.

Our QB play is atrocious, Mett threw 3 passes last night with one of them an int.
    Whitehurst is not an answer.

Sankey is not getting on the field enough, we are too dependent on Walker.
    Hunter and Wright are just not at the races.

Our defense bar Casey is shocking.
    Morgan dropped a ball he had in his hands.
    BWW must have given up over 400 yards in penalties at this point.
    We arent getting a pash rush.
    Our LBs are basically non existent and our safeties bar wilson arent impressing either.

Whiz has said stuff is bad. At this point I think roll the dice with Mett, if he tanks we get a high pick, if not we have a QB for the future

Pretty tough going for ye guys at the moment. Is Jake likely to play Sunday?

Yep practiced fully today.

Defense has been awful with Casey the only bright spot really.

Offense has been poor all over bar the KC game.

Massive game on Sunday, a loss and i think Mett needs to start for good.

Tough being a Titans fan!

Yep practiced fully today.

Defense has been awful with Casey the only bright spot really.

Offense has been poor all over bar the KC game.

Massive game on Sunday, a loss and i think Mett needs to start for good.

Tough being a Titans fan!

Be a tough game ok at home to the Browns. From all accounts I have read Greene has been very poor at RB. Why is Sankey still behind him?

Green has been solid, but he doesnt have the ceiling that Sankey has. Sankey hasnt seen much game time due to "bad footwork" but Whiz has said thats fixed so i expect him to see a lot of game time against the Browns.

Locker is going to play imo, Whiz has said he's making the offense simpler for everyone, BWW looks to miss out, Titans have been working out some veteran CBs.. thank flipping god!

Jesus where do i begin.

Game starts off excellently, Locker passing well, Hunter/Wright/Washington all showing some good catches.
    Running backs were doing pretty well.

Seriously dirty hit on Locker, which Levitre gets revenge on later (and costs the team 15 yards :mad:)

Charlie Whiteurst was excellent in the first half.

The browns score right before half time really swung the momentum imo.
    They went into the Locker room 18 points down in stead of 25 points down

We should have milked the clock for all it was worth, instead we made stupid play calling decisions.

The blocked punt was ridiculous.

Even after Griffins int, we threw the ball 3 times and only on 3rd down was the ball caught. Thats a couple of minutes off the clock there to take it down past 3 mins.

Going for it on 4th, If it had been Locker at QB i say take the sneak, bring in Greene and Battle and let them plough past the 1st down marker.

We moved the chains a bit, but then CW gets sacked and is forced to use the last TO.

Really piss poor second half imo.

2 turnovers were then overtuned on review.
    The Huff FR after he was pushed OOBs on the punt, seems harsh as they are never called.

The McCourty Int return to the 1 yard line, again some incidental contact and we get screwed over.

Pollard is injured and likely going to miss a few games.
    Would expect Locker to miss a week anyway now.

Time to let Mett play

• Advertisement

Jesus where do i begin.

Game starts off excellently, Locker passing well, Hunter/Wright/Washington all showing some good catches.
    Running backs were doing pretty well.

Seriously dirty hit on Locker, which Levitre gets revenge on later (and costs the team 15 yards :mad:)

Charlie Whiteurst was excellent in the first half.

The browns score right before half time really swung the momentum imo.
    They went into the Locker room 18 points down in stead of 25 points down

We should have milked the clock for all it was worth, instead we made stupid play calling decisions.

The blocked punt was ridiculous.

Even after Griffins int, we threw the ball 3 times and only on 3rd down was the ball caught. Thats a couple of minutes off the clock there to take it down past 3 mins.

Going for it on 4th, If it had been Locker at QB i say take the sneak, bring in Greene and Battle and let them plough past the 1st down marker.

We moved the chains a bit, but then CW gets sacked and is forced to use the last TO.

Really piss poor second half imo.

2 turnovers were then overtuned on review.
    The Huff FR after he was pushed OOBs on the punt, seems harsh as they are never called.

The McCourty Int return to the 1 yard line, again some incidental contact and we get screwed over.

Pollard is injured and likely going to miss a few games.
    Would expect Locker to miss a week anyway now.

Time to let Mett play

I think it's time to ring L.A and ask them if they want the franchise.

Titans sign Brandon Ghee CB to the roster and put Pollard on IR

with only 3 safeties, I'd expect Huff to see snaps at FS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I see Roos is hurt and will go to IR

Will it be Oher or Lewan playing at left tackle?

I remember Michael Oher playing a full season at left tackle. The coaches never tried that again!

Yeah not a lot of info on Roos other than its a knee issue.
    Lewan for sure, we want to at least have the pretense that we want to keep our QB healthy!

Well.. snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!
    Thanks to Sammy Hills hand we get the win, i think its possible that the kiss would have been miss but hard to be sure.

Overall the titans were pretty dominant except when it came to putting points on the board, we very easily could have lost this.

Jags did well in shutting down the run game, but the passing was ok and Clipboard Jesus was efficient enough.

Defense was great for the most part. We got 6 sacks, we've had one sack the last 3 games in total.
    Casey is beastly, Kug is massively underrated, played FB for the Battle TD and got himself a sack and a few pressures.

BWW showed up this game, no penalties :eek: and an int
    Huff the rookie CB/S got himself a sack, should have had punt downing at the 1 yard line.

We had our first sack from an OLB aswell, which is a shocking statistic.

Sankey did ok, couple of big runs but also had a few plays blown up due to Oher and the rest of the o-line.

Big game against the skins next week, should really be 3-3 now

I don't know why I torture myself by watching the titans.

Tell me about it, should have lost last week to the Fg aswell.
    Stick Mett in, time to see what he can do, season is a write off anyway

We have lost 2 and won 1 game in the dying in seconds, in reality we should have lost 3 games.

However in each of those 3 games we have shot ourselves in the foot, they should have been 3 wins :(

Anyway we arent good enough.
    More stupid penalties on the o-line, they only player (including the back up G) who didnt get a penalty yesterday was Lewan.

Too many drives were killed because of these, one on play where we were 2nd and 5 we ended up 3rd and 25 due to penalties. Checkdown Charlie isnt going to complete those passes.

BWW played pretty well bar the first TD of McCoy though he did slip, Griffin was 100% awful yesterday and his penalty for encroachment killed the game.

We got the wrong decision on a couple of turnovers imo, but when we did have the ball we did sweet f**k all with it.

Hunter seems to have regressed a bit, he jumps and drops a ball with no one near him, that catch at least ges us a FG.

I think at this point it's time to stick in Mett, Locker is not going to be our QB next year, CBJ is a back up, Give Mett the rest of the games and find out if he can play. There is no point sticking with Locker and then not knowing if we have to draft a QB.

We have lost 2 and won 1 game in the dying in seconds, in reality we should have lost 3 games.

However in each of those 3 games we have shot ourselves in the foot, they should have been 3 wins :(

Anyway we arent good enough.
    More stupid penalties on the o-line, they only player (including the back up G) who didnt get a penalty yesterday was Lewan.

Too many drives were killed because of these, one on play where we were 2nd and 5 we ended up 3rd and 25 due to penalties. Checkdown Charlie isnt going to complete those passes.

BWW played pretty well bar the first TD of McCoy though he did slip, Griffin was 100% awful yesterday and his penalty for encroachment killed the game.

We got the wrong decision on a couple of turnovers imo, but when we did have the ball we did sweet f**k all with it.

Hunter seems to have regressed a bit, he jumps and drops a ball with no one near him, that catch at least ges us a FG.

I think at this point it's time to stick in Mett, Locker is not going to be our QB next year, CBJ is a back up, Give Mett the rest of the games and find out if he can play. There is no point sticking with Locker and then not knowing if we have to draft a QB.

Completely agree. We very may well have the first overall pick in the next draft. Play Mett for the remaining games, to see if we need to draft the top rated QB. If Mett shows promise then great, if not we draft the top rated QB, restructure Lockers contract because no one else is going to touch Locker because he's made out of glass.

Normally after a sleep I'm fine, but I'm still in a ****ty mood about the game last night.

• Advertisement

Completely agree. We very may well have the first overall pick in the next draft. Play Mett for the remaining games, to see if we need to draft the top rated QB. If Mett shows promise then great, if not we draft the top rated QB, restructure Lockers contract because no one else is going to touch Locker because he's made out of glass.

Normally after a sleep I'm fine, but I'm still in a ****ty mood about the game last night.

I get ya, the reality is, we had 3 games that with any decent play would have been wins, but we are letting teams back into games.

Checkdown charlie is just that, i think at one point it was 3rd and 17 or something and he basically threw the ball 5 yards to Wright who was hit instantly, in those situations send it long.

For me what is killing us a lot.. penalties every single game, so many drives are killed.

We are also just not turning it over enough, McCourty dropped a sure fire in after the WR had fallen, need to punish those.

Like i said play offs are over, go with Mett and see what happens.

I am hopeful of getting over to Nashville for a game next year but i dont want to see this **** live tbh!

Advertisement