Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love AJ Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I give it less than two years until Punk gets bored

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

EdK wrote: »
    I give it less than two years until Punk gets bored

With marriage or retirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Pentecost wrote: »
    With marriage or retirement?

Marriage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, AJ's book "Crazy is my Superpower" comes out at the beginning of April.

A snippet of an early review...

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/835241180203995136

Johnny Ace, in case anyone is curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why would the same higher ups put her in a romance angle with almost every top guy then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ren & Stimpy quote used in tweet TSC linked..

Definitely gonna pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Further proof that Johnny Ace is a moron.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why would the same higher ups put her in a romance angle with almost every top guy then?

That was much later though. Her on screen presence was greater at that time.

She grew a lot as a performer from her arrival in FCW, debut in NXT.

The supposed words are horrible either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This could be a very good book considering she's not constrained by having to play nice with WWE. You wouldn't have Johnny Ace's rotten comments making it into a WWE promoted book, that's for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pentecost wrote: »
    Further proof that Johnny Ace is a moron.
    TBH I've generally always considered him a piece of **** since the Undertaker hepatitis scare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This could be a very good book considering she's not constrained by having to play nice with WWE. You wouldn't have Johnny Ace's rotten comments making it into a WWE promoted book, that's for sure.

It also means she could go the other way and exaggerate every story to put a bad name to wwe.

Although I can see ace saying it or something similar but I think that only comes from the very top man.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

You can tell a lot about someone's character from the way they write about other people. I've heard conflicting stories about AJ for years so I'm waiting to read this before I can fully make up my mind. Punk's big shoot interview for instance made him seem very bitter and entitled, and a little unprofessional.

Things do seem to have been awful for any of the women who were employed during that era. They often had to sneak spots in past the agents because they'd be forbidden from doing so many things, and they'd be banned from kicking one week and punching the next. Michelle McCool and Victoria had to refilm one of their matches because they were told their punches looked too brutal. Kaitlyn claims that she had to borrow clothes from Naomi because the office wouldn't let her wear her more tomboyish clothes on TV, and AJ wasn't even allowed to wear her Chuck Taylors at first. It'll be interesting how many stories AJ has from then.

Advertisement