Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love AJ Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Back to AJ.. She can talk, act, wrestle and looks great.

Wish she'd stop skipping though.. :confused:

That's one of the best parts :pac:

I do agree with you on everything else though. For a female wrestler she's really good, but the problem is the whole "Crazy" character comes into her in ring style and it makes her look frenzied and sloppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Shaking your head and looking around like a complete moron whenever a camera or a microphone is nearby is considered good acting now?she's a solid hand for a WWE diva I suppose,but that's not saying much.

Don't get the hype about her at all.People desperate to seem alternative love her,bit like CM Punk in that regard.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What did you think of her promo on Monday, smellmepower? Where would you rank it in terms of Divas promos throughout the ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

GOAT, without doubt. And I'm not even an AJ fan really. Great conviction with her delivery. Had me hanging on her every word, which is saying something for a Diva. Only problem was those annoying Bellas wouldn't shut their Cena/Bryan holes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Guess this should be here for anyone who hasn't seen it

Obviously Divas spoilers for Raw

Bella's muted :D

does mean you lose some of the crowd reaction but worth it imo

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What did you think of her promo on Monday, smellmepower? Where would you rank it in terms of Divas promos throughout the ages?

Was probably a minute too long but was delivered well enough,don't know what it was trying to achieve though.

Only Divas who I could stand listening to on the mic were Ivory and heel Trish when she was with Christian and Tomko.Sherri was okay too back in the day,when she wasn't too coked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Was probably a minute too long but was delivered well enough,don't know what it was trying to achieve though.

Only Divas who I could stand listening to on the mic were Ivory and heel Trish when she was with Christian and Tomko.Sherri was okay too back in the day,when she wasn't too coked up.

Heel Trish was a great b!tch heel. Mickie James cuts some great stuff now with her country diva musician gimmick.
    Must watch this promo tonite if I get the time between breaking bad and the ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Even with the Bella's muted you can still hear them :pac:

After watching the promo I think that Stephanie was partly behind it particularly the part about the Bella`s coming back in after their acting career was DOA without so much as a thank you. Find it more than a coincidence that it happened when Cena wasn`t around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I like AJ but I think Paige has the potential to be even better.

Great promo, funny how the screeching harlots at ringside only proved her right the entire time.

• Advertisement

Not really,all that 'I paid my dues and the Bellas only got here by sleeping around'' is bollocks.AJ got her break in wrestling by shagging Jay Lethal,not by being the best or whatever she claimed.She's just as guilty as whoring about for the sake of her career as the rest of them are.

Only difference is she wears converse and claims to like comic books and that sort of ****e.

Not really,all that 'I paid my dues and the Bellas only got here by sleeping around'' is bollocks.AJ got her break in wrestling by shagging Jay Lethal,not by being the best or whatever she claimed.She's just as guilty as whoring about for the sake of her career as the rest of them are.

Only difference is she wears converse and claims to like comic books and that sort of ****e.

:eek:
    I imagine a lot of female wrestlers do model breaking into acting style "hollywood auditions".

• Registered Users Posts: 85,661 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was she only with Jay or was she also another of Cena's conquests too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

The Czar of Sports Entertainment - Jay Lethal!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redskinsdog

I agree with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I was a big AJ supporter when she was on NXT. She was clearly a potential star. Naomi was superior to her but she had potential. I was psyched when she was finally called up. However she was very disappointing - the only good match she really had was one with Natalya where Nattie turned heel and formed the DoD. She had good matches on NXT with Maxine but those were really all Maxine. I couldn't understand it because comparing her stuff from FCW when she first got signed to any match she had from 2011-2012, it's like a completely different wrestler. And don't get me started on her wrestling when she was crazy - I hated that half-assed penguin slapping catfight attempt she always did. Damn near ruined all her matches

That being said, her heel turn saved her. She may be the smallest built Diva on the roster but she plays a good heel in the ring. She's very much like the Bellas in that someone her size should really be playing a face against much bigger women - since heels have to be in control most of the time. But unlike the Bellas, AJ constantly finds different ways to believably control a match. Brie Bella in every match simply works the arm and locks in that abdominal stretch before calling it a day. AJ does her best to avoid being repetitive with things like that. Plus the girl can talk and she's over with the fans so she makes the perfect Divas' Champion right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Meltzer has enraged AJ Lee fans over his comments reflecting the backstage classical view of belt marks:
    On the A.J. thing, this is going to break some hearts, but people who run wrestling companies laugh at wrestlers who are "belt marks" for undercard belts, especially when it comes to a pass-around belt vs. a main event belt that is given with the idea the person with it is anchoring business.

Promoters throughout time feel that there are the guys who want to be paid and the guys who want a belt and they can pay whatever they want to them as long as they give them a make-believe pass-around belt.

In both TNA and WWE there is that designation, given a few times a year from both sides in conversations that reference, which goes back longer than I've been following wrestling, has been around. One group is considered pros and the other group is considered fans who are on the roster and the belief is you can treat them very differently. There is an old saying about the latter group that you throw them a fish and watch them jump.

For ones own career, even if they consider it an accomplishment, if you want respect, you don't sell it publicly behind the scenes, only in fake media interviews and on TV.

Again, the world title (or the main event belt in any territory) is viewed entirely differently (although people who don't like Bret Hart would knock him over the same subject, but those people probably were going to find something to do that about either way, given I never heard anyone except Bockwinkel in fun, knock Harley Race over the same thing). I know of stories where someone in the industry will bring up to Lawler about all the belts he's won over his career and he immediately gives then a glare like they have no understanding of the business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While it may be an undercard belt, it's the biggest one AJ will ever win. For women, it is "the big one". Never going to be a woman holding the WWE title, is there...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

While it may be an undercard belt, it's the biggest one AJ will ever win. For women, it is "the big one". Never going to be a woman holding the WWE title, is there...

That's what myself and others said in response. I know he is primarily presenting the locker room view but he seems overly influenced by those views. On his radio show preceding those comments he ridiculed the idea of someone "marking out" for the title Debra McMichael and Sable won.

Personally I don't think the tattoo and her being a massive fan would come as much as a surprise to WWE given that's angle WWE push her with both on their website and in the media. However JBL really harped on the tattoo on Raw and Vince most likely was in JBL's earpiece. So who knows.

But it is gas to see "irrational" AJLeeFan95 types attack half man half robot Dave Meltzer on Twitter and elsewhere. I am waiting for Dave to fire back at them with stats and facts. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Sable and Debra never won the Diva's title. Dave could do with getting his facts straight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

GTR63 wrote: »
    http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10033280.shtml

Booker T with some real facepalm worthy comments about MMA. The highlight being Ronda Rousey, describing her as someone who “couldn’t find her way in life and found it through going out and beating other girls up”.
    :confused:

Booker was never the sharpest tool in the box. Made a complete arse out of himself on Howard Stern years back. Was going to link to the vid, but it seems to be gone from YT.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

well he can name drop Debra and Sable all he wants but then he must include David Arquette and Vince McMahon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Well the Women's/Diva's Championship, isn't just a pass along belt though. It might mean something a little bit more for female wrestlers because it's the only thing they can win in WWE. I could see the argument for something like the US Championship, but for someone like AJ Lee who dreamed of becoming a wrestler and to one day hold the same belt that her idols like Lita held(although technically it's a different championship) would be a very happy moment. Plus to hold the championship should symbolize that you are representing the women's division, and therefore the centerpiece of the division which AJ Lee is.

Either way, Dave should be a little more considerate. He seems to have forgotten that WWE has 5 different championships for male wrestlers to hold, while the women only have one, so it's a little different given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

rovert wrote: »
    On his radio show preceding those comments he ridiculed the idea of someone "marking out" for the title Debra McMichael and Sable won.

Going by that stance, nobody should ever be proud to hold the WHC seeing as David Arquette and Vince Russo once held it.

Edit: Didn't see you beat me to it.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    well he can name drop Debra and Sable all he wants but then he must include David Arquette and Vince McMahon.

Belt Mark?
    I think I get that, its so hard to keep up with all of this Wrestling slang. He's basically saying AJ is developing an ego backstage, now that'd be similar to Sable but she'd have to go a long way to catch her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

GTR63 wrote: »
    He's basically saying AJ is developing an ego backstage

That's not what he's saying at all.

AJ is just such a big fan that she's marking out about being given the belt.

Adiboo wrote: »
    That's not what he's saying at all.

AJ is just such a big fan that she's marking out about being given the belt.

Ah I caught it arse about foot I thought he was saying AJ was making a big deal about in the back.
    Its obvious winning it made a big deal to her as she was always big fan of wrestling whereas I imagine it didn't mean as much to Kelly Kelly and Maryse types.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Guess I'm in the minority but I'd side with Meltzer on this. I think it's ridiculous that she got a tattoo to mark the day when her boss decided she should hold a 'Divas Championship'.

It's not even the Women's Title whih has a history dating back decades. This is a title held by the likes of Michelle McCool and Brie Bella. I don't get it.

To me it's like if your boss decides you deserve a raise and then you tattoo the date you got it on yourself. Considering the way the WWE has treated female employees in the past I wonder if she will soon regret what she has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

She was the first diva to get a tshirt made in over a decade, right? Obviously they see something in her and its quite clear she loves it more than the others...

Leave her be, I've seen more pointless tattoo's in all honesty, and it is clearly a highlight moment in her lifetime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Guess I'm in the minority but I'd side with Meltzer on this. I think it's ridiculous that she got a tattoo to mark the day when her boss decided she should hold a 'Divas Championship'.

It's not even the Women's Title whih has a history dating back decades. This is a title held by the likes of Michelle McCool and Brie Bella. I don't get it.

To me it's like if your boss decides you deserve a raise and then you tattoo the date you got it on yourself. Considering the way the WWE has treated female employees in the past I wonder if she will soon regret what she has done.

Since the women's title was scrapped the Divas title is the most important title in women's wrestling. I think that getting that tattoo was a nice idea. It marks that she achieved the goal to hold the most prestigious title (currently) in women's wrestling and that she's made it to the biggest wrestling company in the world.

Just as Cianan2 said she's the first diva to have a tshirt in years. Obviously WWE and the fans believe that she's special enough to be in that class.

Advertisement