Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Storm Sunday April 29th , Rainy period till May 02nd

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Don't want the details but why "naked", if you were cold surely that's not the best option?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

Don't want the details but why "naked", if you were cold surely that's not the best option?:confused:

i like sleeping naked with the electric blanket on.

my bum was nice and toasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Anyone got any pictures of the dodder. Son is asleep now so can't ramble down to take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nabber wrote: »
    Anyone got any pictures of the dodder. Son is asleep now so can't ramble down to take a look

A few near Ballsbridge, I'll post them in a bit

Here they are
    203145.png

http://pix.ie/dacogawa/2840457/size/800
    http://pix.ie/dacogawa/2840456/size/800
    http://pix.ie/dacogawa/2840455/size/800
    http://pix.ie/dacogawa/2840454/size/800

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Scary how high up the water level is in places ,

I embedded a pic in for you .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

It's still raining in south Dublin. Those seemingly permanent blue blobs on the rainfall radar aren't interference !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

last time my weather station recorded rain

last Precipitation 01:20 26/04/2012
    6 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes

we've had some light drizzle nothing to trigger tthe rain sensor (note to self must clean it out)

cant beleive the weather up here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

dacogawa wrote: »
    A few near Ballsbridge, I'll post them in a bit

Thanks dacogawa, you can see how high they built the flood wall on the last photo. But the bridge a little to the left is like 2ft smaller. Makes no sense to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Looks like some of The Dodder works have helped so far, but with more rain on its way over the Weekend I would say they should be still on alert.

I know that Zurich Insurance Building along the banks was closed for a month after the Oct flood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

DominoDub wrote: »
    Looks like some of The Dodder works have helped so far, but with more rain on its way over the Weekend I would say they should be still on alert.

I know that Zurich Insurance Building along the banks was closed for a month after the Oct flood.

Oh the irony....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Where they are building the new defence (at Marian College/the rail underpass) the water was about a foot from the top of the new steel work, if it was the old railings it would have burst, looks like they did it just in time but they might want to get it finished before the big rains!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Horrible outside at the moment...

Bright,,sunny,,and warm.....

It burns..It burns.....Make it stop... :D

Cool and showers for the weekend I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

oh so that's where the sunshine was. up in dublin all day, cloudy and warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Horrible outside at the moment...

Bright,,sunny,,and warm.....

It burns..It burns.....Make it stop... :D

Cool and showers for the weekend I think..

Forget tenerife, I'm heading on my holliers to the Costa del cork this year for a bit of summer sun! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Think this thread has run its course now .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement