Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Storm Sunday April 29th , Rainy period till May 02nd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

vickers209 wrote: »
    A Few photos taken from around wicklow habour this evening

Was down by the harbour at about 3 and it was wild, had the camera but batteries were flat:mad: took a couple of shots with my phone but none as good as yours

Hurray, rain has stopped for now (44.2mm so far)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

10.4mm here but still raining......shielded from all directions bar North to East.

Still enough to push April total to 61.8mm and counting......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Hurray, rain has stopped for now (44.2mm so far)

Surreal :eek:!

Wild Bill wrote: »
    Surreal :eek:!

Would have enjoyed it more but was out fencing all day - not the right day for that:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Only 10.3 mm here but it looks a lot more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Rocky Bay

Would have enjoyed it more but was out fencing all day - not the right day for that:D
    ...and I always thought that fencing was a gentlemans INDOOR sport!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Drove through some pretty heavy sleet near Brittis(Co. Dublin) last night on the N81 @ 2115 local.

PS: Just watched the Beeb forecast - Tuesday looks even wetter then today!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah the GFS precip accumulation chart for the coming week shows more of the same for the east coast. Another 86mm predicted for Wicklow but only 2mm for Donegal. Nice to have the roles reversed after such a depressingly grey and wet winter, daytime rainfall has been almost non existent this month

The rain still hasn't arrived here, should be here soon but it just looks like a bit of drizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Drove through some pretty heavy sleet near Brittis(Co. Dublin) last night on the N81 @ 2115 local.

PS: Just watched the Beeb forecast - Tuesday looks even wetter then today!!:confused:

hmmmm more non existent rain. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Tae laidir wrote: »
    Carlow/Kilkenny seems to show an unusual dryness on Rainfall Radar?
    Miracle or malfunction?
    Su Campu wrote: »
    It's in the rain shield of the Wicklow mountains. Run the animation and you will see all the rain falling on the windward (northeast) side of the mountains.

Oak Park only registered 0.4 mm by 7 pm this evening, whereas Johnstown Castle, Casement and Dublin Airports were 3-5 mm.

Yeah, my favourite mountain range in Ireland, it does us great favours at times.

My Davis registered 5.0mm of rain yesterday but it is higher ground, while I know the climate station in Kilkenny had something around 2.0mm which is about 6 miles away from me and is sheltered by the hills to it's east and north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Nothing major, we left Cork and went to Knockadoon, this is the best of our catch. If we had stayed at home, we'd have seen virtually nothing from this event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fh_sCt2EE&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Ok,communion for little Tipptom sunday week 13th,Mrs Tipptom treating this like it is her wedding, large gathering on decking as if we live in Spain(house tiny!),anyone got any ball park forercast for that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Is it just Me,,or are the forecasters at M.E. getting it a bit wrong lately?

What they are forecasting,and what We are getting seem to be 2 different things...

I always thought they were accurate enough at about 3 days out..

Don't kill me if I'm wrong there now...I'm a newbie to the weather thing,although I have a fierce interest in it.

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Is it just Me,,or .

One can debate forecasts, and Met Eireann have their share of critics, but I think they got it fairly correct recently.

I've noticed quite a few comments where it was obvious that the posted had not in fact heard a Met Eireann forecast ~ but I did not bother to reply.

Debate is good, maybe you can think of a specific incident that you have in your mind, what you thought ME forecast and what you got.

gbee wrote: »
    One can debate forecasts, and Met Eireann have their share of critics, but I think they got it fairly correct recently.

I've noticed quite a few comments where it was obvious that the posted had not in fact heard a Met Eireann forecast ~ but I did not bother to reply.

Debate is good, maybe you can think of a specific incident that you have in your mind, what you thought ME forecast and what you got.

Well,just from the last few days...The 2 "Storms" We were supposed to get..

Granted,,We got good gusty winds,,but the rainfall was well below what was forecast..

Hence My post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Well,just from the last few days...The 2 "Storms" We were supposed to get..

Could be wrong be I don't recall met eireann ever using the word 'storm' in their forecasts over the last few days? In fairness though, some parts of the east coast did get some pretty large amounts of rain going by some of the reports in this thread.

Anyway, seems to be a small potential for some heavy pulses of rain later tonight or tomorrow morning in parts of the south especially as trough features move up from France. Something to watch anyways.

202943.png

the rain that were supposed to get yesterday is appearing now. yikes and it's heavy :eek:

Could be wrong be I don't recall met eireann ever using the word 'storm' in their forecasts over the last few days? In fairness though, some parts of the east coast did get some pretty large amounts of rain going by some of the reports in this thread.

Anyway, seems to be a small potential for some heavy pulses of rain later tonight or tomorrow morning in parts of the south especially as trough features move up from France. Something to watch anyways.

202943.png

Your quite right,,Deep Easterly...

No mention of the word storm..

I stand corrected.......

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the rain that were supposed to get yesterday is appearing now. yikes and it's heavy :eek:

Looks out window...Across Wilton,,towards Tesco...

Yeah....Bit of drizzle alright.... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Nothing major, we left Cork and went to Knockadoon, this is the best of our catch. If we had stayed at home, we'd have seen virtually nothing from this event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fh_sCt2EE&feature=youtu.be

Sorry to be a spoilsport and going off weather topic but I have been biting my tongue since watching the video clip and feel I have to comment on the slot from 4.48 onwards. I am trying to be diplomatic here but there is no way given the weather conditions that anyone should have been walking out that pier/jetty.

That was just an accident waiting to happen as given the weather and sea conditions a freak wave could have swept everyone into the sea, something that has happened close to where I live on more than one occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I stand corrected.......
    Why stand when you can sit...

No doubt claims the met.E predicted storms came via ramped up, attention grabbing tabloid headlines. Always worth checking the original source of these forecasts in these cases.

Yeah....Bit of drizzle alright.... ;) .

Not doubting the earlier report, I've no rain last hour.

RoisinD wrote: »
    I have been biting my tongue since watching the video clip and feel I have to comment

I couldn't believe it myself, I was pinned up against the breakwater and I was still being pushed around with the wind.

:eek: seriously idiotic out of the dad to be honest, reminds me of the time my dad took me, my brother and my mum up to see the tin man or what ever he's called in tramore on i have to say was probably the windiest day i ever come across, i was only ten at the time, between the wind and the being chased by a feckin bull, it was the scariest walk i've had in my life. i still let him know how idiotic he was.

I couldn't believe it myself, I was pinned up against the breakwater and I was still being pushed around with the wind.

I know the type, bet the parents put their seatbelts on and don't worry if the kids put on theirs:mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Much more rain around Dublin today as compared to Sunday - plenty of localised flooding starting to emerge too.

Why stand when you can sit...

Standing tends to get more attention.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Today is starting to be an event. Flooding starting on M50 northbound approaching N3. Also slip from M50 to N3 northbound flooded across, not majorly, but if the rain keeps up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Not wrote: »
    Today is starting to be an event. Flooding starting on M50 northbound approaching N3. Also slip from M50 to N3 northbound flooded across, not majorly, but if the rain keeps up...

Its gonna ease off now in the next hour or so.
    Was still great to wake up to!! :)

203034.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement