Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Storm Sunday April 29th , Rainy period till May 02nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Terrible conditions for farming, leaving the cows in today as they only plough the ground with their feet after all this rain, well over 40mm in the past 7 days including today or over 75 mm since the start of April...supposedly one of the driest months of the year.

It is extreme weather when farmers have to feed animals who should be out feeding themselves and not needing extra feed.

Longs for a dry, warm spell, then when it starts to get too dry for some warm thundery weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Its gonna ease off now in the next hour or so.
    Was still great to wake up to!! :)

Still lashing down Ashford, 35mm so far, so much for forecast of showers easing in late morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Its gonna ease off now in the next hour or so.
    Was still great to wake up to!! :)

Still lashing down Ashford, 35mm so far, so much for forecast of showers easing in late morning

Gaps keep appearing on radar and then they just disappear then again on the next scan! ha

Wish i had my rain gauge here.. id say 20 mm here so far ... wont know till the DUblin airport report later i guess.

15.2mm so far today, wettest day since January 29th.

Not how I thought the 1st of May would be like and only 8.8C at the moment.

Min wrote: »
    15.2mm so far today, wettest day since January 29th.

Not how I thought the 1st of May would be like and only 8.8C at the moment.

Sure i remember it snowing in May ha :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sure i remember it snowing in May ha :rolleyes:

I remember one evening it snowed in May, everywhere went white but it didn't last long.

I don't think anything would surprise us right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

15mm in my gauge when I checked a few mins ago - I thought there would be more in it?
    It just keeps coming in off the Irish Sea.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

16.4mm here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Utter c**k of a day here - windy and constant rain.:(

PS: In recent years I've noticed a trend where I have to wear rain gear alot more in the period May-August then I do the other months of the year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

um, will dublin be there when i go up in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    um, will dublin be there when i go up in the morning?

You might need a snorkel to find it.. :D

Apparently the dodder has burst its banks again... can anyone confirm???

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Apparently the dodder has burst its banks again... can anyone confirm???

Can't find any info on it right now but I wouldn't be supprised, theirs a lot of water falling these days!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Have had 21.0mm here so far today.

Just to put in perspective, I recorded 26.4mm here in one hour, between 1900 and 2000, on October 24th last!

ok I have all the cattle re-housed as if it was winter, ground gone far too wet and what is up with Met Eireann's 3 hour forecast charts?

Their rainfall predicition for the east and south east have been rather poor to be generous about it.

FOund this on twitter

The Dodder near Miltown
    Ar09axpCIAAHQYX.jpg

and the rain continues for dublin. i've seen nothing but pink clinging to dublin all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Is the poor dropping well pub in for another flooding!!!
    FOund this on twitter

The Dodder near Miltown
    Ar09axpCIAAHQYX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

This thread should be closed its the 1st of may lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

beco wrote: »
    Is the poor dropping well pub in for another flooding!!!

I hope not, I want to go there for breakfast on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Dodder hasnt burst its banks down at irish town. It would need a high tide to do that. Milltown has always had that problem at the dropping well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

MT mentioned in todays forecast a possibility of heavy rain in Leinster for tonight. Is that still a possibility ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Nabber wrote: »
    Dodder hasnt burst its banks down at irish town. It would need a high tide to do that. Milltown has always had that problem at the dropping well.

Looks like its burst its banks at ballsbridge

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaitrionaPerry/status/197391190868500481/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Not wrote: »
    MT mentioned in todays forecast a possibility of heavy rain in Leinster for tonight. Is that still a possibility ?
    I'll give it another hour or so. That band of rain in the Irish Sea is now shrinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Some rainfall totals today to 7pm:

Casement 26 mm
    Dublin Airport 15 mm
    Dun Laoghaire harbour 17.5 mm (up to 15:20h)
    Me (Celbridge) 25.5 mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

thomasj wrote: »

No flood protection for Ballsbridge. Another area prone to flooding. The flood works end at Marion college, even these are still under construction.

We have had worse rain than this before without flooding. I think the whole week being wet might have pushed some areas to their limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Rain eased off in Dublin now, dodders just barely burst its banks in the rathgar/churchtown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Any more rain meant to be coming in the way of Dublin does anyone know? The dodder cant take much more rain...its as full as the river can be + a little bit more if you know what I mean, it has kind of burst its bank, waters seeping out onto the banks.

According to accu weather, another 13.7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

what a brilliant day for our central heating to have NO OIL?!?!?

EMO oil couldnt come today to refill it. spent all day naked in bed with the electric blanky on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement