Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden BFL - Fantasy NFL League interest?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

can we agree on some rules first, personally I'd prefer if we had to draft D players aswell. makes it more tactical.

also as opposed to the standard start of 1 qb, 2rb, 2 wr e.t.c I prefer the leagues that make you start 2 QB, 3 RB, 3WR, 2 TE e.t.c

It makes it fairer overall and people who put more effort into there lineups each week, like actually look at whose matched against who. do better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well we would need a majority vote to change any of the existing rules. I wouldn't be in favor of changing to individual defensive payers or any major changes to how many players at each position you need to start.

2 quarterback leagues result in very different strategies to normal leagues. If we have more than 16 players then starting 2 QB's or 3 RB's would be very difficult if not impossible.

Anyway I can setup a poll once I know who is in and how many we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I would be against defensive players as well lets keep it fairly simple don't forget we may have some fantasy newbies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Could we go a standard league +one with defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I don't mind either way but for the sake of simplicity it's probably a good idea to go with overall defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Last year was my first and as a newbie I thought it was brilliant. I am back this season Adrian !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Am still around to organise this league, if not to play Madden.

As said above, any changes from last year would require a majority vote.

Need to get numbers before can do anything. Loads of time anyway.

Will send a message out to all last year's members and see who gets back, then add in any newbies.

EDIT
    Message sent out, so will start counting the numbers
    Had 16 by the end of last year (started with 18), two kicked out as didn't turn up for draft and had to be commish controlled for the season.

So far from what I can see we have one new person interested (Knex.), any others PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do I need to PM an email address in order to get involved?

Knex. wrote: »
    Do I need to PM an email address in order to get involved?

Yeah PM me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

Rob...did you see the posts about changing over to the NFL site? Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Rob...did you see the posts about changing over to the NFL site? Thoughts?

Wouldn't be in favour of it myself.

Will put it to a vote with any other suggestions and see what happens.
    Would need to have at least 3 people support anything before putting it to a vote (which we have for this one already).

With 18 members no point voting on everything suggested unless there's some level of support for it

Wouldn't be in favour of it myself.

Will put it to a vote with any other suggestions and see what happens.
    Would need to have at least 3 people support anything before putting it to a vote (which we have for this one already).

With 18 members no point voting on everything suggested unless there's some level of support for it

Reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Dont see the need to change site either, I like espn also wouldnt be a fan of Defenisve players either

Any reason why you want to stick with ESPN Dave?

For me, I simply prefer the layout of the NFL site, it is a cleaner layout and I have other leagues on the site too so it is handier.

Edit - I am against changing to having two QBs and three RBs, we already have 2 RBs and a flex. With so many in the league it was tough to get a good full lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Im ok with either site as both apps on the ipad work perfect

I would rather stick with espn as I have had better experiences with it, I like the layout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Also are we sticking with the 16 teams? After the two dead teams in it? Also there was just so many garbage players that you had to play becuase there was no one else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd like to use NFL.com as thatnis where all the other boards leagues are. No advantage to ESPN and I'd prefer them all in the one place.

Also are we sticking with the 16 teams? After the two dead teams in it? Also there was just so many garbage players that you had to play becuase there was no one else.

I suppose we can see how many people we have.

I'd also like to suggest that we fix the waiver process so that you can pick up a player on a first come first serve basis after the waiver.period is finished.

Last season if a player got injured late in the week you had no chance to replace him until the waivers of the following week.

This is how pretty much every league I've played in has operated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

id be interested in playing again this year but I'm not sure if il be back to madden and I'm in 2 other leagues so if ye want to cut a few teams or if someone else wants to play its yere call

Find the NFL site too simplistic to be honest, much more detail in the ESPN one and much easier to manage your team and free agents I find. It's personal preference really, neither one is definitively better or worse.

As for waivers, we had this discussion last year, part of managing your roster is making sure you have cover for guys. First come first serve basis doesn't reward any skill, just whoever is online earliest.

As for number of teams, we have 16 at the moment (kicked out the 2 inactives last year).
    12 definitely back
    1 maybe (nerd69)
    3 waiting to hear form

1 new entrant

Size of league will depend on how many are interested, needs to be kept at an even number though.

As for the positions, with a league this size would be very tough adding more positions. Already very scarce for starters but could put it up for a vote if enough people interested.

As for waivers, we had this discussion last year, part of managing your roster is making sure you have cover for guys. First come first serve basis doesn't reward any skill, just whoever is online earliest.

Well I wasn't suggesting getting rid of the waivers process, I was suggesting that after the waivers have processed any players not picked up can be picked by players on the Saturday or Sunday or whatever to provide cover for late injuries.

To be clear on the above, are you going to have a vote or are you saying there will be no changes?

I don't see that ESPN has any features at all that other sites don't have.

adrian522 wrote: »
    To be clear on the above, are you going to have a vote or are you saying there will be no changes?

As said in a previous post, if 3 people support something will put it to a vote.

My thanks was a vote of support. It is just with the league being so big that sometimes you don't have good enough players/active players to cover a late injury.

Raoul wrote: »
    My thanks was a vote of support. It is just with the league being so big that sometimes you don't have good enough players/active players to cover a late injury.

Just adds a bit more strategy in my opinion, you should have cover on your bench by the Sunday if you think you'll need it.

And in a league this big, can't imagine the guys available on a Sunday are going to be any great shakes

When counting the 3 people to get something to a vote, will assume anyone that thanks a post for a suggestion is supporting it.

Just checked the settings of league.
    Free Agent Auction can't be turned off in the middle of the week, so it's either that or waivers.

EDIT: I can however change the auction process time to process and hour or two before kickoff Sunday to that everyone has time to put in last minute bids if necessary

Just checked the settings of league.
    Free Agent Auction can't be turned off in the middle of the week, so it's either that or waivers.

EDIT: I can however change the auction process time to process and hour or two before kickoff Sunday to that everyone has time to put in last minute bids if necessary

That would mess up people that don't have time to set their lineup that close to kickoff.

I sort of forgot about the auction part of the drafting from the waivers. If the auction ended on Sunday morning, that would probably help.

Right, have heard back from everyone from last year so back at full compliment of 16.

Only one new person interested so far, would need one more if we are to add any new people as need an even number for fixtures.

• Advertisement

I'm so excited :D

Advertisement