Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiscal Treaty Megathread [Poll Reset]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

They probably don't want to even go to Mcdonalds for a treat as they'll just have you and Gerryo looking down your nose at them either.

Na, I only use the drive through section, couldn't be slumming it with the lower class.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gerryo777 wrote: »
    While your at it then, will you attack, with the same venom, our overpaid (compared to the rest of europe), pampered, insulated from the recession, still getting pay rises, bonuses and extra allowances, PS/CS class whose sense of entitlement is far worse than anyone unfortunate enough to find themselves out of a job?

I have done before. Don't see the need to do it for every single post I make. I'll also attack the private sector low paid workers who don't get taxed enough as well, they should be paying far more tax then they do.

I have done before. Don't see the need to do it for every single post I make. I'll also attack the private sector low paid workers who don't get taxed enough as well, they should be paying far more tax then they do.

Here's an idea.

Why doesn't everyone hand over all their wages to noonan & co and we can all get vouchers for the 'essentials' (mcdonalds etc) in return.

Brilliant TED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Here's an idea.

Why doesn't everyone hand over all their wages to noonan & co and we can all get vouchers for the 'essentials' (mcdonalds etc) in return.

Brilliant TED!

Here's a better one. Why don't the Government just give people all the money they want so they can buy any and every item they desire. That way no one has to suffer austerity.

Brilliant TED!

Here's a better one. Why don't the Government just give people all the money they want so they can buy any and every item they desire. That way no one has to suffer austerity.

Brilliant TED!

That would cost too much.
    I think my idea was better, thank god your not the minister for finance.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Muir wrote: »

Vot ave we done, vot ave we done? :eek:

Muir wrote: »

When push comes to shove, our low corporation tax rate will disappear as fast as a FG election manifesto promise.

It will then be 'spun' to suggest that it's better to have a 'universal CT rate', better for stability and better for jobs.

Same bull****e politicians, same bull****e rhetoric!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Vot ave we done, vot ave we done? :eek:

Eventually, merkel will have what hitler coundn't have.......... full control of europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

When push comes to shove, our low corporation tax rate will disappear as fast as a FG election manifesto promise.

It will then be 'spun' to suggest that it's better to have a 'universal CT rate', better for stability and better for jobs.

irelands low corporation tax......is a big part of it's downfall.......

• Advertisement

irelands low corporation tax......is a big part of it's downfall.......

Expand please...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Common, consolidated corporate tax base is not the same thing as harmonised corporation tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And the usual crowd will be telling us that Connolly and Pearse died so that we could have the lowest corporation tax in Europe... Rather than just discussing policies on their merits.

Dave! wrote: »
    And the usual crowd will be telling us that Connolly and Pearse died so that we could have the lowest corporation tax in Europe... Rather than just discussing policies on their merits.

Think you'll find they died so we could have our republic.

A republic being one where we, the people elect a government to do what they said they would do in their pre-election manifesto's.

We don't have that with FG/Lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

That lad is smoking garlic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dave! wrote: »

Think you'll find they died so we could have our republic.

A republic being one where we, the people elect a government to do what they said they would do in their pre-election manifesto's.

We don't have that with FG/Lab.

Or with any government ever elected...

You must be new to democracy!

This thread has surely served its purpose now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

So rebels are firing on governement troops from christian areas hoping these areas will be destroyed and the christians leave.what a mess.

baldbear wrote: »
    So rebels are firing on governement troops from christian areas hoping these areas will be destroyed and the christians leave.what a mess.

In the Dail....coooool!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

baldbear wrote: »

the whole thing has taken an interesting turn

the whole thing has taken an interesting turn

Enda goes postal on the Vatican? Or a Mick Wallace coup d'eat?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's called getting your priorities right. But how would you do that when your rationale tells you that those on the lower end of the scale are bottom feeding scum out to fiddle the state at every oppurtunity.
    'Another pay rise their Enda? Please put your expenses sheet in the IN tray, just think of a number and multiply it!

And BTW, my point about SW was; the reason it would seem high to our European counterparts is that they are taking into account that the cost of living and taxes here is much higher. It is linked to the cost of living in the real world.

What in the name of God are you on about now Happyman.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Your skewed priorities.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Indeed. Though we have fundamentally disagreed on a few points in the past, I've never heard you refer to anyone as bottom feeding scum. Must be reading another Boards.ie in a parallel universe where Scofflaw is a eurosceptic and I'm a woman.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Indeed. Though we have fundamentally disagreed on a few points in the past, I've never heard you refer to anyone as bottom feeding scum. Must be reading another Boards.ie in a parallel universe where Scofflaw is a eurosceptic and I'm a woman.

Where did I say K-9 said that?

Where did I say K-9 said that?

My rationale leads you to that apparently, which is a very incorrect assumption as per usual.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

My rationale leads you to that apparently, which is a very incorrect assumption as per usual.

When I see people advocating cuts to SW before the wealthy are properly taxed then I have questions about their rationale.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

When I see people advocating cuts to SW before the wealthy are properly taxed then I have questions about their rationale.

When u have bono and co., and a huge portion of our wealthiest people living as tax exiles...it says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Wibbs wrote: »

In a universe far, far away...

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Don't know where you are getting that from either other than an overactive imagination!

• Advertisement

Well, I'd have to question your rationale at reaching those conclusions!

I've defended welfare recipients on threads, attacked the rationale of slashing welfare, proposed the sacred cow of raising Corporation Tax, moaned about the Government deciding Income tax is sacrosanct, many other things.

A rationale is at question here, definitely.

Advertisement