Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intermittant Fasting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I think I'll so what he outlines for a start for experimentation anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

First day in work on IF

1pm - 9pm window#

broke the fast with

200g chicken
    2 eggs
    tomatoes
    lettuce
    onions

and just now..

50g mixed fruit
    30g almonds

Stuffed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

For those of you who have tried this & who train in the afternoon how many if any carbs do you eat pre-workout on training days? Just enough to fuel your training & low GI etc? Do you also limit fats on training days?

First day on it.

It feels like a lot of food, but I just went with my eye today, so it might have been a bit over.

I'll have to properly work out the macros, one calculator said I need over 4000 a day just to maintain, thats gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Gintonious wrote: »
    First day on it.

It feels like a lot of food, but I just went with my eye today, so it might have been a bit over.

I'll have to properly work out the macros, one calculator said I need over 4000 a day just to maintain, thats gas.

Decent calculator.
    http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

First day in work on IF

1pm - 9pm window#

broke the fast with

200g chicken
    2 eggs
    tomatoes
    lettuce
    onions

and just now..

50g mixed fruit
    30g almonds

Stuffed!!!

Unless i'm crazy, that all seems a bit .... shy ? what figures are you aiming for ?

Unless i'm crazy, that all seems a bit .... shy ? what figures are you aiming for ?

eh that was to break the fast...there was a whole 7 more hours of eating after that.

eh that was to break the fast...there was a whole 7 more hours of eating after that.

Just checking !! :D

My food for yesterday was:

Meal 1
    2 chicken breasts
    300g kale
    handful of mixed nuts
    tub of cottage cheese

Meal 2
    2 salmon fillets
    1 small steak
    head of broccoli
    cheese
    1 pear

Not sure if that is enough or if I should try get another meal in between that.

Any opinions?

That IF calculator says on my off days I have to get 3104cals in, on training days 4656!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

What are you putting into the calc? bulk or cut?

Body recomp!

My vitals are this
    Height: 6ft 1
    Weight: 220lbs
    13% bodyfat
    35in Waist

Have very active down, training 4 times a week and cycle to work every day, I might change that to just active, cause the calories look very high!

My food for yesterday was:

Meal 1
    2 chicken breasts
    300g kale
    handful of mixed nuts
    tub of cottage cheese

Meal 2
    2 salmon fillets
    1 small steak
    head of broccoli
    cheese
    1 pear

Not sure if that is enough or if I should try get another meal in between that.

Any opinions?

Is what you are eating now in those two meals fitting in to your macro's and with the required % on training days, or non training days ..

Is what you are eating now in those two meals fitting in to your macro's and with the required % on training days, or non training days ..

Not entirely sure, I only started yesterday as an experiment. From the IF calculator, it says on rest days (the day that I have posted) I should get 300g of protein, 183 of carbs and 81.6 of fat. From look about I would say I hit the target on protein and fat but maybe a bit lower on the carbs.

I will have to sit down properly and work out the macros for sure, I mostly went off that Blog on Anthony Mychal and his break down of what to eat.

Not entirely sure, I only started yesterday as an experiment. From the IF calculator, it says on rest days (the day that I have posted) I should get 300g of protein, 183 of carbs and 81.6 of fat. From look about I would say I hit the target on protein and fat but maybe a bit lower on the carbs.

I will have to sit down properly and work out the macros for sure, I mostly went off that Blog on Anthony Mychal and his break down of what to eat.

Start by getting your Macro's correct, other wise you are wasting your time..

Will do, am already on it. Will take a bit of planning but once you get a ball park to work from I am sure it will all follow suit.

Has anyone got a simple definition of macros.

I gather thats its 1.5g protien per lbs of bw etc and then the rest broken down between carbs and fat?

Ive read several definitions of it and it always confuses me.

Follow on..

From using the calculator I've come up with this. Taking 1.5g protein per lbs of bodyweight ( yes im light and yes im as tall as a hobbit )

i then adjusted the carbs down about 20g each day.

How does this look?

Macros.jpg

Follow on..

From using the calculator I've come up with this. Taking 1.5g protein per lbs of bodyweight ( yes im light and yes im as tall as a hobbit )

i then adjusted the carbs down about 20g each day.

How does this look?

Something similar to mine, my carbs are a little more balanced with my fat's tho, but that's just me, and my protein is a little less, 1 - 1.5 is a guide line, it's a lot to consume, sit down and work it out in real world food ...

Something similar to mine, my carbs are a little more balanced with my fat's tho, but that's just me, and my protein is a little less, 1 - 1.5 is a guide line, it's a lot to consume, sit down and work it out in real world food ...

oh i have. I've all custom food in fitday ( cause there own figures are crap)

it is a hell of a lot to get in!!

• Advertisement

I think just a serious sit down will help a lot with this, working out what you need to have and then try to hit that ballpark each day.

Fingers crossed.

http://swole.me/

Excellent, takes a bit of messing with but this is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

whats with the massive amount of protein with some.. i really dont think that amount is needed. im just over 200lbs and dont think ive ever had 200g, dont know how 1g for 1lbs is kept up of protein in a day, and my goals are for weightloss and to build / preserve muscle

I think people are concentrating too much on what exact amounts of what to be exact..at the end of the day once your diet is good and with a high protein / low carb etc..combined with plenty of excercise your on the right track

madma wrote: »
    whats with the massive amount of protein with some.. i really dont think that amount is needed. im just over 200lbs and dont think ive ever had 200g, dont know how 1g for 1lbs is kept up of protein in a day, and my goals are for weightloss and to build / preserve muscle

I think people are concentrating too much on what exact amounts of what to be exact..at the end of the day once your diet is good and with a high protein / low carb etc..combined with plenty of excercise your on the right track

I think thats the basics of what the lads, and I have been working tho, general consensus on protein intake has always been 1 - 1.5 g per lb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

I think thats the basics of what the lads, and I have been working tho, general consensus on protein intake has always been 1 - 1.5 g per lb

some people may over do it with the protein, im doing IF myself and i broke a 36hr one this morning with having a alot of protein based meals and all of it added up to around 120g of protein. this was mixed with other non-protein stuff too of course and of course a few panscake!:p

Did a recal last night and will be getting 3500 on work out days and 2500 on days off.

That seems about right. Looking over it though I might drop the carbs more from the days off and up the fat.

Its all about refinement.

So im a week in. Going fine. No hunger in the mornings anymore. Running 4 high cal 3 low cal days based around training.

Weight down from 79.1kg last friday to 77.9kg this am. My weight loss had stalled for 4 weeks before going on IF and it seems to have done the trick.

Tonight however.....there...will...be...pizza...

I've been at it a few days now, I haven't checked my weight but I think it is the same.

I am thinking of following a 5:2 format and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

I wouldn't necessarily agree with this, ive been doing IF for 5 months now, ive seen radical changes in body composition and ive yet to look at any sort of macro calculation. My diet is clean, my timings are an eating window of 7 hours, fasting 17 with a once a week 24 hour fast. Its entirely possible that since my diet is good anyway i reap the rewards of IF but in my own mind working out macros is something for when results stop being gained. But then again im an advocate of 1-1.5grm protein per lb of lean mass not total weight...its working for me so far!

• Advertisement

xgtdec wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with this, ive been doing IF for 5 months now, ive seen radical changes in body composition and ive yet to look at any sort of macro calculation. My diet is clean, my timings are an eating window of 7 hours, fasting 17 with a once a week 24 hour fast. Its entirely possible that since my diet is good anyway i reap the rewards of IF but in my own mind working out macros is something for when results stop being gained. But then again im an advocate of 1-1.5grm protein per lb of lean mass not total weight...its working for me so far!

What are you goal's ? if you're cutting / dropping bf% then i'd say the macro's come in to play quite a bit.. they always do !

Given what you've said, you're prob on the money anyway, with protein intake..

Advertisement