Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ali badly needs a break, he's not holding up well out there at the moment. Struggling, will Ronnie punish him?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Ali is having a complete mare. This could be 18 - 7...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Is Taylor commentating for the night??

Awful as usual.

Big frame for Ali

7-5 at the break

Cmon Ronnie

Ali needed incredible runs of luck to win that frame. He's still in it though but jesus he'd play awfully that last frame. Ronnie very unlucky on at least three occasions by my count.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Carter has had a right result sharing the first four frames tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dunny! wrote: »
    Is Taylor commentating for the night??

Awful as usual.

I've got a German commentary here. Useless.

Waiting for my parents to leave the sitting room.

Cant believe Hendry turned prof in 86!

I've got a German commentary here. Useless.

Waiting for my parents to leave the sitting room.

Id rather Davis or Parrott do it.

(Although I suppose Taylor is better than German :D )

I dont think Ali wants to go to China? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Some schools in China have snooker as part of their sports curriculum?! Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Are we looking at the end of the UK being the centre of snooker? I would think so and judging by the player interviews there, it seems they feel it's only a matter of time...

BDJW wrote: »
    Some schools in China have snooker as part of their sports curriculum?! Madness!

I posted this in February.
    zack01 wrote: »
    I've been to many tournaments over the years in both Thailand and China and to say snooker is huge is an understatment, more so in China now with the emergence of Ding and his compatriots on the world stage, indeed from next season there will be five ranking events in China.
    The players are treated like movie stars over there, i remember last year i travelled to China for the Open with Ken Doherty, the opening ceremony was a really lavish affair, we were picked up from our hotel in a courtesy car, and driven to the venue, the door was opened and up the red carpet we walked, cameras flashing and fans holding out their pens for autographs etc, they obviously knew Ken but had'nt a clue who i was yet here they were asking for my autograph! i remember turning around and saying to Stephen Hendry that 'i could get used to this' he laughed and said the fascination with snooker in China just seems to get bigger at each tournament and that it never ceases to amaze him how popular he is there and yet he has'nt won an event in China in quite a while. Snooker is now on the school curriculum in China now so we can expect a conveyor belt of Chines talent for many years yet.

How cool would that have been?:(

Ali is making a lot of mistakes.....he is lucky that Ronnie is 100% at the moment

Unlucky Ronnie

Carter will crumble imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

The Cubans do this for boxing as well, signs on they bring home a bag of medals after every Olympics. Only that is still Communist they would dominate most of the professional categories but it's illegal for them to turn pro.

There should be an availability of sport in every education system.

What Davis said (or actually didn't say but in effect did) after though was the big thing. He said "for what ever reason the UK public have stopped watching but the BBC have kept showing Snooker. What he wanted to say is "Because everyone watches X Factor, Geordie Shore and all other sorts of ****e that is on these days"

Carter looks a bit jaded out there. Some terrible misses on the black off the spot. But he's still only 3 frames behind. Win this frame and he's still in.

Jaysus, terrible foul from Ronnie

Brilliant long pot from Ronnie to secure the frame. Ali was shook taking those two blacks. Didn't hit them well at all.

• Advertisement

Carter seems to be concentrating too much on keeping Ronnie out, although he's only 3 frames behind it should be at least 5. Missing two blacks off the spot in the last frame is unforgivable for a top player even more when playing in a world final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

only one way this match can go now

It wouldn't surprise me if Carter doesn't win another frame this evening with the way things are going

If Carter just played his normal game and stopped trying to play the killer safety shot each time he may have more of a chance. Every time he gets a chance he's under so much pressure to do something because he knows if he misses it could well be another frame gone.

Something tells me Peter Ebdon may have had the wrong influence on him in this final.

9-5 now and he needs at least two of the last three to try and keep in touch going into tomorrow.

Agreed, he could have done with some more aggression because O'Sullivan knew he could leave him with half chances that Ali would decline. Not only that but safety's great but you don't get many points from it.

4 in it and he didn't bother going back to the table? Strange decision for me. One mistake from Ronnie and he has a chance at the frame.

4 in it and he didn't bother going back to the table? Strange decision for me. One mistake from Ronnie and he has a chance at the frame.

Indeed and unless my maths suck, that's twice he's done it.

That was a much needed frame for Carter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

Poor quality snooker all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Carter not on form but hanging in there in fairness to him.

Advertisement