Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I can see Ronnie losing patience an smashing the balls everywhere, They should just go for a rerack and start over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

iMuse wrote: »
    I can see Ronnie losing patience an smashing the balls everywhere, They should just go for a rerack and start over.
    Few balls around the middle of the table after Ali's miss just now. Still mountain to climb before the frame is won I reckon though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ack Ronnie fouls the black. 2-2 looks likely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

zack01 wrote: »
    1-0 O'Sullivan and Carter i feel really needs to win this session at least 5-3 to give himself any chance.

Some news off the table and Ken Doherty was elected onto the WPBSA board today. He along with fellow board member will advise on a number of playing matters.
    The Snooker Backer commented on the news with Ken: https://twitter.com/#!/snookerbacker1/status/199124946146963456

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lol, 2-2 now, who else would have just smashed all those reds and hoped one went in?

Excellent resilience by Carter. Have to say I think he played better in the last two frames, O'Sullivans attempt at snooker on the brown there was poor and he had a very good opportunity for it.

• Advertisement

What a clearance!!:eek:

Unbelieveable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Incredible clearance by Ronnie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Willie Thorne: "How does Ronnie win the frame from here?" Ronnie makes an unbelievable clearance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

G'wan Ronnie!

Ali playing very, very defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

140 from Ronnie :D

• Advertisement

Another beautiful clearance by O'Sullivan. Disappointed he didn't go for the 147 though. :(:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Well, that was something. Carter must be a little sick with how well Ronnie is playing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

HazDanz wrote: »
    Well, that was something. Carter must be a little sick with how well Ronnie is playing.

Aye, Ali CANNOT play so defensively from here on in. He's played safety shots where he would have traditionally taken the shot on. With Ronnie playing as great as he is, Ali better get his long pot ability out and up to scratch, or I fear another 5-3 or even 6-2 might be on the cards this evening.

Great stuff by Ronnie though. That break from out of nowhere was unbelievable. I don't think anyone except Ronnie was expecting something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

ronnie to win tonights session 6-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Ronnie says he's "36 going on 37". Born December 1975 so he's hardly "going on 37". I wonder what's really going on in his head that he'd consider retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I blame Pete Sampras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I don't normally ever watch snooker. I put some money on it last weekend out of boredom though and I've been keeping an eye on it since. It seems that Ronnie's opponents aren't good enough to take advantage of his mistakes as often as he takes advantage of theirs. I can't see any chance of him losing the way he's playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

This is a big frame. Carter has had 2 chances to take it and hasn't, so it will be a big blow if Ronnie wins it

Really enjoyed that frame.(10)

147 147 147 147 147

never mind :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I really hate that the crowd will laugh out loud to what the commentators say. Have a smile ffs and leave it at that.

Think Carter made a mistake there in conceding the frame. He only needed one snooker? :confused:

Has Carter been to a world final before?

Jernal wrote: »
    Think Carter made a mistake there in conceding the frame. He only needed one snooker? :confused:

i don't think he liked the position of the balls ??

Dunny! wrote: »

Yeah, 4 years ago and he lost to Ronnie in it!

Dunny! wrote: »

Yep, against Ronnie and he lost 18-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

i still carter has a chance!!! silly me... just put a fiver on him 8/1.... With ronnie on about retiring and has made some mistakes tonight.. i don't know...

danbrosnan wrote: »
    i still carter has a chance!!! silly me... just put a fiver on him 8/1.... With ronnie on about retiring and has made some mistakes tonight.. i don't know...

8/1? Good odds to be fair

danbrosnan wrote: »

Ronnie suffers from depression though. The slightest thing can make you think about quitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

ya 8/1 but i like ronnie but still think carter to win this... ronnie on about retiring, carter with his illness this year, its just fitting, but i always go with my heart and usually i'm wrong... :o

Advertisement