Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords CC Club League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

So where is the finish line goin to be now ?

If the Start/Finish line is changed, the new start/finish will be here. Any change to the Start/finish will be announced before the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I like the potential new finish line. Where can I vote for it?

Apart from it being a bit more uphill and a little less panic-inducing that the usual one, it also makes my standard marshalling spot on that circuit more interesting.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought it was a done deal, but I do have a couple of slight reservations.

The descent before that straight has a couple of bends just before it flattens out, and I'm not sure about it's suitablity if everyone is gearing up for a fast finish - I think the road would need to be completely clear of traffic ideally from the top of that descent. Also depending where the line is, there could be a risk of holding up vehicles back to the Balbriggan/Naul road, which could cause problems with the amount of traffic now heading towards the big Tesco further along that road.

Having said that, it's a much better position for me personally - I always like powering along that slight drag, as opposed to the steeper incline on the current finish on the flyover

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I like the potential new finish line. Where can I vote for it?

What you do is....come along to the AGM....vote me OFF (Please!) the Committee and nominate yourself as my replacement ( I'll second that!) :D

I'm never making the mistake of attending an AGM again. I made the newbie error last year of not looking at the floor when nominations were being sought and nearly made eye contact with someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

I'm never making the mistake of attending an AGM again. I made the newbie error last year of not looking at the floor when nominations were being sought and nearly made eye contact with someone.

Bet that was awkward the morning after!

Lusk Doyle wrote: »

Don't worry - I still respect you.

Don't worry - I still respect you.

I don't. You were crap btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can anyone swap Marshalling duties with me, I am down to Marshall on the 16th May but have just got an appointment to be in St James for a minor operation on the same day, so can't do it. Willing to swap for any non July (am on hols) race dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Inquitus wrote: »
    Can anyone swap Marshalling duties with me, I am down to Marshall on the 16th May but have just got an appointment to be in St James for a minor operation on the same day, so can't do it. Willing to swap for any non July (am on hols) race dates.

I may be able to do that day, work permitting. As it stands I'm in the clear. I'm not down for any marshalling yet (that I'm aware of), so not a swap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Looks like its going to to be a fine evening for the bog road :),did all the groups come together in the first race in the bog last year ?

IIRC, we were joined that evening by Mr. Irvine who brought the pain in a major way. Groups didn't so much come together as were successively shattered to bits in vain attempts to hang on. Scratch caught everyone. I think there were two 'group threes'. I was in the one nearer scratch (cursing my alphabetically challenged surname) and I don't think anyone stayed with the pace for more than half a lap after we were caught. Scratch did that lap at an average of 43kph or something. One or two strong riders in the other group three might have hung on when they were caught.

It was some introduction to racing but a great laugh. I'm tired typing this and am half glad I'll have a flag and a high-vis bib tonight.

Last year's thread if anyone's interested:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056250098

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

(cursing my alphabetically challenged surname)
    Unfortunately they went on first names - didn't help you, but made a massive difference to me when they split Group 2. Having said that, one or two ignored misheard the instructions and went with the first "split" leaving some of us in much smaller groups. Any more of that this season and I'll be dishing out cards;)

Beasty wrote: »
    this season I'll be dishing out cards;)

You know our birthdays?!?

... if you've got a full CI licence I do;)

Anyway, are you flying in to marshal tonight?

... if you've got a full CI licence I do;)

Anyway, are you flying in to marshal tonight?

I have delegated my role to an associate. He has been briefed and passed the written exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I have delegated my role to an associate. He has been briefed and passed the written exam.

Is it still possible to fail the practicle? Could be fun. :D

RT66 wrote: »

Is it still possible to fail the practicle? Could be fun. :D

When a car hits a rider or vice versa on your corner you know you failed!

... heads off to check life insurance payments are up to date

• Advertisement

... heads off to check life insurance payments are up to date

This could solve my wifes negative equity woes....

Didn't realise I knew her ....

Maintain deniability at all times!

Marshall Law

A tale of love and betrayal set against the epic backdrop of Ireland's economic collapse and burgeoning amateur cycling scene. A torrid affair between a rider and his clubmate's wife comes to a tragic denouement with a fatal collision at a windswept junction. But was it an accident or was it 'flagged' in advance?

An epic story of romance, (normalised) power and money, Marshall Law is not to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

All open category racers from A1 to A3's are in scratch group in this evenings league race.

LOL, I guess that quote was miscontrued what I was alluding too.

Have you anything to confess?

Hungrycol wrote: »
    All open category racers from A1 to A3's are in scratch group in this evenings league race.

That's me bollixed next week. I don't even have my A3 numbers yet. I'd say Martyn Irvine is ****ting himself!

That's me bollixed next week. I don't even have my A3 numbers yet. I'd say Martyn Irvine is ****ting himself!
    I think you meant to say sunning himself - he's in Mallorca at present

I think you meant to say sunning himself - he's in Mallorca at present

He could just do what the DID boys do - tan in a can!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Hungrycol wrote: »
    plus anyone who placed in the over 50s race in Dundalk ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement