Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords CC Club League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Hopefully the weather is wrong
    Chances of race going ahead this Wednesday could be slim

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=4862

3.6 mm/3h is alot of rain added with gusting winds of 30 knots is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

dario28 wrote: »

Unless there's an earthquake, I reckon it will go ahead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Wuss

(and heavy rain just means the potholes will be partially filled in)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Ahhhhh, FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Can't ever rem a race being postponed due to weather in 8 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

RobFowl wrote: »
    Wuss

Ha !

My first race in garristown was cancelled last year cause it was hammering rain

fingers crossed its on

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Accuweather is showing "a chance of rain", probably clearing up around 7pm, with winds from the NNE at around 25-30kph. We had one race rained off last year, but the conditions were far worse than those forecast for Wednesday (and even then it was a split decision to call it off). It will need to be pretty bad to get the race cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Raam wrote: »
    Unless there's an earthquake, I reckon it will go ahead.
    Lovely weather to take the plunge.

Ha !

My first race in garristown was cancelled last year cause it was hammering rain

fingers crossed its on

No, there was an earthquake.

shaungil wrote: »
    Can't ever rem a race being postponed due to weather in 8 years.

6th July 2011
    Garristown/Grallagh
    Cancelled

Edit: I'll have to talk nicely to my bike see if it wants to play on Wednesday after the utter drenching I gave it yesterday. I swore I heard crying coming from the boot of my car on my way home yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The main reason that race was cancelled was we had never ridden the course before, and the standing water was possibly covering potholes we were oblivious to. We almost turned round and did the Ardcath course, as there are not many places on that circuit where water will accumulate;)

Beasty wrote: »
    The main reason that race was cancelled was we had never ridden the course before, and the standing water was possibly covering potholes we were oblivious to. We almost turned round and did the Ardcath course, as there are not many places on that circuit where water will accumulate;)

Which course was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Wuss

Maybe we should go around the course tomorrow evening and make a mental note of where the pot-holes are? say 7pm? :D

Which course was it?
    Grallagh, heading up the hill from the start in Garristown (and over then then very dodgy speed humps - I believe they've been sorted out since). Eventually taking a left up to where we used to start the 3 Sisters Course and back into Garristown

The course has still not been raced, although I think it may have been used for a TT in the past

Grallagh, heading up the hill from the start in Garristown (and over then then very dodgy speed humps - I believe they've been sorted out since). Eventually taking a left up to where we used to start the 3 Sisters Course and back into Garristown

The course has still not been raced, although I think it may have been used for a TT in the past

Yeah I motorbike marshalled this course last year (Aug 17th) and it was fine then.

If it's the same one I am thinking of, we used it in 2009 and a few times last year.

If it's the same one I am thinking of, we used it in 2009 and a few times last year.

This One?

07Lapierre wrote: »

Aye.

Aye.

I rode it yesterday and the ramps in Garristown have been repaired and the rest of the circuit is pretty good. A new start/Finish line in Garristown will make for a more "spread out" finish. I suspect we'll use this circuit more often in the future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Oooohhh yes it has ;)

Race 8: 6th June 2007- Oldtown CP
    (3 laps : 30.90 miles / 49.72km)
    1st Jason Ludgate (Swords)
    2nd Rob Fowl (Swords)
    3rd Louise Harlwich (Swords)
    4th Turlough Mooney (Sligo CC)
    5th Conor Bruton (Stam MD)
    6th Kevin McFeely (Swords)
    7th Jim Callaly (Swords)
    8th Sean Halpin (Swords)

Race 14 - Wednesday 18th July 2007 - Oldtown CP
    1st Rob Fowl (Swords)
    2nd Tim Fulcher (Swords)
    3rd Barry Byrne (Swords)
    4th Coleen Foley (Swords)
    5th Martina Kelly (Stam MD)
    6th Andrew Mawdsley (Swords)
    7th Brendan Conway (Swords)

Race 19: Sun 19th August 2007 - Oldtown CP (3 laps)

1st Fred Harte (Swords)
    2nd Colm Sevastopulo (Swords)
    3rd Alister Cole (Swords)
    4th Jason Ludgate (Swords)
    5th David O'Neill (Swords)
    6th Jason Kely (Swords)
    7th Alan Slevin (Garda CC)
    8th Rob Fowl (Swords)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Who's that R Fowler fella? Seems to be quite good looking at those results. Not sure I know him from recent times/races!!!

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Who's that R Fowler fella? Seems to be quite good looking at those results. Not sure I know him from recent times/races!!!

He died and went to heaven, it was very tragic

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Yeah I motorbike marshalled this course last year (Aug 17th) and it was fine then.
    I must have been asleep that night
    Oooohhh yes it has ;)
    He died and went to heaven, it was very tragic
    Looks like quite a few relics of a bygone age were at the forefront in those days

... well before my time though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

07 way back in the black and white days
    After the wetting i got on sun im not that keen on a repeat ill adopt a wait and see

07 way back in the black and white days
    After the wetting i got on sun im not that keen on a repeat ill adopt a wait and see

It seems a long way away, was getting regular Swords league wins and placings from 2002 through to 2009 though prior to Sunday my last open race finish was in 2005 at the Leinster champs in Dundalk.....

Anyway, riding in the rain is character building........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Would anyone be able to swap a marshalling post for the race next week? That is Wednesday 2nd May 2012 and not this Wednesday coming.

The circuit is the Bog of The Ring.

Please PM me if you can swap. I had a prior engagement but forgot about it when I put my name down. I am already marshalling the race this Wednesday, so I can't swap for that one.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Went out for a spin around the circuit this morning in glorious weather, good nic bar 2 stretches to then realise I recced the wrong circuit. Did the Grallagh/Garristown instead of the Ardcath/Garristown. Can't make the intro spin tonight, feck. Got led astray reading pervious comments on this thread. Wasn't till I was home and I checked the Swords CC website I realised my mistake. Ah well, could be worse, could be snowing tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

So the route is being Changed and now goes through Damselstown, I hope noone gets in distress there.......

I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

shaungil wrote: »
    So the route is being Changed and now goes through Damselstown, I hope noone gets in distress there.......

I'll get my coat.

To wear over your dress?

Hang on, I'll get mine.

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that there will be a slight change to the Garristown/Ardcath circuit for tomorrows race. One section of the circuit is in a pretty bad state (pot-holes etc.) , so we've decided, for safety reasons, to change the circuit to avoid this.

Anyone who's coming along to the intro tonight will have the pleasure of riding the new circuit for the first time!

Many thanks

07Lapierre

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement