Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords CC Club League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Staro

RAAM if you didn't win that you deffo won the face pulling comp! Fair play you were absolutely flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Staro wrote: »
    RAAM if you didn't win that you deffo won the face pulling comp! Fair play you were absolutely flying.

Should be some good pics so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

4.36 for me (i think ) which blows my last years time of over 5min to bits ill take that thank you very much :D,
    twas a grand night for a run up the hill,rob what was your time fair play to you for facing it again on the way home i was going to go with you but thought better of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

4.36 for me (i think ) which blows my last years time of over 5min to bits ill take that thank you very much :D,
    twas a grand night for a run up the hill,rob what was your time fair play to you for facing it again on the way home i was going to go with you but thought better of it

The second time up was much easier!!!

Edit: 8:22!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Staro wrote: »

Can't wait to see the photos.
    I reckon I could challenge RAAM & probably even Tommy Voeckler with the faces I was pulling suffering up that hill.

4.57 for me, 30 seconds quicker than last year so pretty happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    The second time up was much easier
    That was my 3rd time up it today, i was trying to judge the bottom part but a recon i went to easy its hard to get it just right

That was my 3rd time up it today, i was trying to judge the bottom part but a recon i went to easy its hard to get it just right

It's easy: go hard for the first half and harder for the second half. ;)

RobFowl wrote:
    More importantly Beasty what will you be wearing?
    Beasty wrote: »
    You could probably guess, but don't spoil the surprise .... (it will be a previously unseen, on me at least, outfit)

Did this make an appearance tearing up the hill?
    I think I got the right one?

an-post-ras-kom-leader-jersey-11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Newbie tonight, no work tonight so no excuss. Was very nervous before the start, felt a bit intimadated looking at some of the riders and their fancy carbon bikes. Really great night and good atmosphere. Did everything I was told not to do, went too hard too soon and didn't warm up properly. Still, very happy with my time, 4.50, my fastest time up Ardgillian about 20 sec off previous best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

bbolger wrote: »
    Did this make an appearance tearing up the hill?
    I think I got the right one?

an-post-ras-kom-leader-jersey-11.jpg

Yes but only larger...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

5.03 for me. First time trial/race in 20 years. Knocked 27 seconds of my PB so happy with that.

Fleche Wallonne highlights starting on Eurosport in 15 mins, time to see how the pros do it on the Mur de Hoy...

greenmat wrote: »
    Newbie tonight, no work tonight so no excuss. Was very nervous before the start, felt a bit intimadated looking at some of the riders and their fancy carbon bikes. Really great night and good atmosphere. Did everything I was told not to do, went too hard too soon and didn't warm up properly. Still, very happy with my time, 4.50, my fastest time up Ardgillian about 20 sec off previous best.

You have all summer to practice for the next one on the Nag's Head. We shall race that hill quite a few times before we do it as a hill climb, so you will get to know it well. The next circuit is a good one which ends with quite a kick. I'll be at the recon spin on the Tuesday so we can go through some stuff if you want.

Edit: sorry, I'm assuming that you are new to racing. If you're not, tell me to get lost!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    You have all summer to practice for the next one on the Nag's Head. We shall race that hill quite a few times before we do it as a hill climb, so you will get to know it well. The next circuit is a good one which ends with quite a kick. I'll be at the recon spin on the Tuesday so we can go through some stuff if you want.

Edit: sorry, I'm assuming that you are new to racing. If you're not, tell me to get lost!

It's changed , the last hill climb will be Barnagearra again so you can compare your early season time with one after a summer of racing :rolleyes:

Thanks, have never raced so these spins on Tues are vital for me and for everyone else's safety:). Great night tonight, I have at least 2 points in the Club league. I be able to say I race now on tomorrows Club spin.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks, have never raced so these spins on Tues are vital for me and for everyone else's safety:). Great night tonight, I have at least 2 points in the Club league. I be able to say I race now on tomorrows Club spin.
    ... they did away with club league points in the TTs last year, except for marshals (which is how you can tell who's taking the Club League seriously this year, check out Staro tonight's marshals)

Beasty wrote: »
    ... they did away with club league points in the TTs last year, except for marshals (which is how you can tell who's taking the Club League seriously this year, check out Staro tonight's marshals)

They are back in this year, I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

They are back in this year, I heard.

I heard this too.

Jasus, I've so much to learn. Extra points for marshalling. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Yes there are points for the hill climb TT's this year. I hope to have the results up on the website before the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I think I did around 4.35. A wee bit disappointed cos my legs felt dead on the steepest sections. I have recce'd it twice before hand this evening to work out gearing, standing, sitting sections and I think this was a mistake. I think I need more climbing practice, don't we all says you! I felt I could have done better... practice Hungrycolsan, practice!

Some photos up on the website

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Some photos up on the website

Not coming up for me.

Edit: nevermind, working.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Not coming up for me.

Edit: nevermind, working.

Didn't load for me first time but did the second!
    An old skin suit made a reappearance tonight !!
    Pity it was to do a rubbish time (any number of tired old cliched excuses available on request :mad:)

out?f=410&url=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZsaDUuZ29vZ2xldXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tJTJGLUZyVFE3UkJtN08wJTJGVDQ4MVd0UXpYeEklMkZBQUFBQUFBQUJhNCUyRjliRncxT3BGalhBJTJGczQ4MCUyRklNR18zMjU1LkpQRw==&h=9ad5a

No pics of me, must have been going too fast:D

No pics of me, must have been going too fast:D

Check again tomorrow. not all photos have been uploaded yet.

Check again tomorrow. not all photos have been uploaded yet.

Pics up now, thanks, I have the proof now.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes there are points for the hill climb TT's this year. I hope to have the results up on the website before the weekend.
    Given it's a handicapped league, I take it that my proposal for 5 seconds for every year over 35, and another 5s for every kg over 75 has been accepted, adjusting my time to 2m 36s ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

RobFowl wrote: »

out?f=410&url=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZsaDUuZ29vZ2xldXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tJTJGLUZyVFE3UkJtN08wJTJGVDQ4MVd0UXpYeEklMkZBQUFBQUFBQUJhNCUyRjliRncxT3BGalhBJTJGczQ4MCUyRklNR18zMjU1LkpQRw==&h=9ad5a

An old Retro skin suit made a reappearance tonight !!

Fair play, serious lack of club jerseys in those photos, hopefully we'll see more of them as the league progresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement