Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

STILL not finished packing... I feel like crying, all our plans are falling apart, the guy who was supposed to be moving us Tuesday morning can't anymore and we don't know what to do :(

Why the hell do I stress out so easily!?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bubblefett wrote: »
    Thank you! :)
    The doggy we rescued- I think there's a good chance he has worms and hasn't had any vacinations.
    He was playing with mine and the OH's parents dogs today and just wondering is it possible they could have caught something from him? It was only for an hour or two (he's being kept in a seperate room now). My woof only had his puppy shots just under a year ago but the other doggy hasn't had boosters in a long time :/

Your doggy is fine I'd say, his vaccines are up to date if it's under a year since he had his puppy ones. When the time does come around for his booster make sure and get it though. Keep an eye on the other one though if he hasn't had boosters in a while. If he's okay in the next few days then I think it might be a good idea to get his up to date. If it's over a year he'll have to restart which means he'll have to get 2 shots just like a puppy. He'll have the second 2 weeks after the first. Would be a good idea to worm the rescue dog and the other two if they haven't been wormed recently.

Edit: A flea treatment might be a good idea for all three dogs too. If you want you could kill 2 birds with the one stone and get a Stronghold for all 3. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Your doggy is fine I'd say, his vaccines are up to date if it's under a year since he had his puppy ones. When the time does come around for his booster make sure and get it though. Keep an eye on the other one though if he hasn't had boosters in a while. If he's okay in the next few days then I think it might be a good idea to get his up to date. If it's over a year he'll have to restart which means he'll have to get 2 shots just like a puppy. He'll have the second 2 weeks after the first. Would be a good idea to worm the rescue dog and the other two if they haven't been wormed recently.

Edit: A flea treatment might be a good idea for all three dogs too. :)

Yeay thank you Jane, you're the bestest! *hugs you* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bubblefett wrote: »
    Yeay thank you Jane, you're the bestest! *hugs you* :D

No problemo. :D x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

You know your procrastination has reached new levels when you decide to measure all your high heels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 aineh

waiting for these bloody HPAT results has me stressed/terrified/anxious/tired today.. but just two more hours..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 aineh

EmilyO wrote: »
    You know your procrastination has reached new levels when you decide to measure all your high heels.

Sounds like a nice idea to waste time, i'm on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

right im giving up studying at 1 and ill go to bed or something!

that probably wont happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 HCCCM

What time should we expect resuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Has just hit me that these are my FINALS. As in, seven exams to being lilmissprincess,BA.

Oh dear....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

*hugs* to all that need them.

Congratulations Sarahbro.

I haven't been on much the past few days cos I am addicted to the new game I downloaded on my phone called 'Bubble Shoot', I've literally spent all day playing it :o

Hope everyone had a good day :)

Has just hit me that these are my FINALS. As in, seven exams to being lilmissprincess,BA.

Oh dear....

me too!!! so much pressure :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Just realised I look like a demented housewife.. Have my hair up in a scarf (couldn't find a hair bobbin), wearing yellow rubber gloves and i have dishcolthes in every pocket...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My unborn baby is a demented lunatic,she already does not understand the sleeping thing but prefers to practice dance moves at half one.

But i wouldn't change her for anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I have an immensely important Java programming exam at 9:30 and I can't sleep. Not only that but I can't remember how to do the most basic of functions.

kill me now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Brendog wrote: »
    I have an immensely important Java programming exam at 9:30 and I can't sleep. Not only that but I can't remember how to do the most basic of functions.

Don't worry, you'll be grand once you get in there...........

I was the same the night before my 1st exam last Friday, found it very difficult to sleep. I tried the old relaxing technique - where you relax each part of your body bit by bit and it seemed to work :)

Best of luck tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just finished the biggest assignment if my degree.. 35,091 words and only worth 40% of a module!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I fell over drunk Sat night and now my ankle is in immense pain. I can't really walk on it at all so have had to phone into work today as I can't possibly go in. Its looking slightly bruised, and it is swollen, but I'm just wondering, when should you go to the hospital to get it checked out? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I fell over drunk Sat night and now my ankle is in immense pain. I can't really walk on it at all so have had to phone into work today as I can't possibly go in. Its looking slightly bruised, and it is swollen, but I'm just wondering, when should you go to the hospital to get it checked out? :/
    Go to your doctor who will give you a letter for A&E to get an X-ray. If you go straight to the hosp you'll have to wait hours but going to your doc for a letter means you get an X-ray straight away. I know cause I've fractured 2 bones in the last 2yrs. Actually due my yearly fracture soon :p

Walking to doctor and then walking to hospital doesn't sound appealing. Yes I drive but I would have to find parking and I'm really not able to walk, so thinking I'll just rest it completely today and hopefully it will be better tomorrow? Praying it's not broken :( But thanks for your reply. Feeling very sorry for myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I walked around on a fractured ankle for a week. Is there much bruising? Get someone to give you a lift?

Not much bruising really, and I normally bruise really easily. Can't put much weight on it at all, and when I do walk, I just slide it along behind me. Can't go up/down the stairs normally. Have to put 2 feet on to 1 step. I'm such a fcuking idiot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Today is my last Monday working for the arsehole I work for :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm scared. Stupid exam. I think I'm channelling all my nerves about it into thinking about what could go wrong, getting the the exam centre is a bit complicated so many things could happen.

Dad was going to give me a lift to the bus to Dublin (it's about 45 minutes away from my house on foot but only ten in the car) but the car broke down so I'll be walking. I see it as a bit of a bad omen. :P Can't wait until this first one is done, it's always so much better when you're in the thick of it. And no matter how awfully it goes, at least my hair is looking decent (:cool: I've got my priorities in order!)
    Now to go cram for an hour before I've to leave. Eeeep. :(

I'm scared. Stupid exam. I think I'm channelling all my nerves about it into thinking about what could go wrong, getting the the exam centre is a bit complicated so many things could happen.

Dad was going to give me a lift to the bus to Dublin (it's about 45 minutes away from my house on foot but only ten in the car) but the car broke down so I'll be walking. I see it as a bit of a bad omen. :P Can't wait until this first one is done, it's always so much better when you're in the thick of it. And no matter how awfully it goes, at least my hair is looking decent (:cool: I've got my priorities in order!)
    Now to go cram for an hour before I've to leave. Eeeep. :(

dont worry almostnever you will do great :)
    Brendog wrote: »

its ok i was the very same before my exam last thursday
    nearly cried in the middle!
    im sure you will do great :)

i have an exam in a few hours and i have no idea whats its about its like reading double dutch or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I woke up about an hour ago to a starling bombing around my bedroom. I locked up at about 11 last night, where did it come from???
    Also there was a dead baby starling in the front garden.
    This is all very strange and I'm very confused.

Now I have to shampoo bird crap off my carpet, WTF!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck to all the exam doing people this week. You'll get through it and survive it like you always have before. Go on you good things!

Party at work this lunchtime. Wahoo! :p

Oh, and I forgave Mike for his mithering after that. He came to his senses and was very apologetic. What's more, I have a sparkling clean kitchen floor now.

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I woke up about an hour ago to a starling bombing around my bedroom. I locked up at about 11 last night, where did it come from???
    Also there was a dead baby starling in the front garden.
    This is all very strange and I'm very confused.

Now I have to shampoo bird crap off my carpet, WTF!!!!

i read that as "i have a dead baby in my garden" :eek:

vanish is your friend! unfortunately im a broke student so i have cheap carpet shampoo thing from the €2 shop still does the job!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

are those travel 90 tickets on dublin bus the type you just wave at the machine now? and they don't come in little books anymore?

i'm finally tired of never having change for the bus...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Late for work. Fcuuuuuuk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement