Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

sarahbro wrote: »
    I'm engaged :D

EEEEEKKKKK so excited for you! Jesus I am sad but seriously congrats!
    kinda jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bluewolf wrote: »
    waltons
    i'm doing classical only, i don't want to learn anything contemporary and definitely not jazz :D

Different strokes as they say :) I was in the choir in school for years too, use to compete a lot and I really enjoyed that aspect of it but I prefer singing more rock/folk/jazzy stuff myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

ElleEm wrote: »
    My MS has become symptomatic again so I see a lot of relaxing ahead of me until it lifts.

You might find Dr Terry Wahls helpful, there's info on nutrition that can help with the symptoms. There's loads of videos of her giving talks and stuff on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Spent the whole day lying on the couch catching up on tv shows - I'm currently on "New Girl" and "2 Broke Girls". Love lazy days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Had this conversation with my OH earlier when he called me on Skype:

Me: I'll give you €100 if you can guess what I was just googling.

Him: Is it cakes?

Me: Ah shiite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Currently derping about on Amazon,adding things to my wishlist.
    If only I had an o2 money card- I'd buy all the thing I need to create my ultimate zombie survival kit.
    I take it way too seriously sometimes... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

McChubbin wrote: »
    Currently derping about on Amazon,adding things to my wishlist.
    If only I had an o2 money card- I'd buy all the thing I need to create my ultimate zombie survival kit.
    I take it way too seriously sometimes... >_>

get a money card then, they're only a fiver. once my visa card is paid off I'm getting rid of it, will just get a prepaid one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

im all over the place lately:mad:,my best freind is leaveing for austraila in a few days:mad:....im devasted to tell the truth,were haveing our last chinise tonight and i dont know whats going on my mind is all over the place.

its very hard to have real freinds in life ..very hard to just get someone that you just get on so well with.someone that never asks for anything or expects anything..i was lucky in the five years i know her all we did was make sure each other had someone to talk to without the fear of been laughed at or been let to fight our own issuses alone:)its great to have someone to reley on and for that i know our freindship will never die or fizzle out.

but how to you say goodbye to someone that you really care about i was never in this position and its all new to me.
    dont get me wrong im excited for her ,happy thats shes going to see the world,meet new people and all that.

ohhh man...........life is hard.audi.:(

krudler wrote: »
    get a money card then, they're only a fiver. once my visa card is paid off I'm getting rid of it, will just get a prepaid one instead.
    If I can rustle up a fiver, I'll be straight down to my local O2 shop. :) Been ages since I last bought anything online and I miss the excitement of getting a package in the mail.
    Currently, I'm looking at utility belts, survival kits and wind up radios. Also, military grade glowsticks for when the power goes out. Roll on December 23rd. I'll be well prepared for the impending apocolypse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

If I can rustle up a fiver, I'll be straight down to my local O2 shop. :) Been ages since I last bought anything online and I miss the excitement of getting a package in the mail.
    Currently, I'm looking at utility belts, survival kits and wind up radios. Also, military grade glowsticks for when the power goes out. Roll on December 23rd. I'll be well prepared for the impending apocolypse!

I am totally in favour of zombie survival kits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Congratulations!!! :D

i went to tesco to buy cheese...i came back with loads of stuff and no cheese :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Congratulations!!! :D

i went to tesco to buy cheese...i came back with loads of stuff and no cheese :o

I went to dunnes to buy celery. Got distracted by (Galway reference) Gino's (an Italian gelato bar). Just had the MOST amazing icecream, it was called cookies. Nom nom. Now I feel ill as I inhaled it!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Congrats sarahbro

Hope you are okay PB

Home from the funeral a couple of hours ago, fantastic send off for her, and in fairness, it was so well organised. The church was packed, I wasn't inside at all, ended up with our gang outside, and there was a huge crowd outside as well as inside. Her poor family :( its going to be so hard for them, after burying the youngest in the family. I don't know if I believe in everything for a reason, and it was her time, and all those other kind of sentiments. What kind of higher power takes a 23 year old girl, coming into the prime of her life and creates so much heartache for the people left behind? Her poor sister had to travel half the world to get back, poor girl getting that phone call. If that truck was one second later, she'd be alive today. The slimmest of margins. Why is the biggest question going around in my head atm - gonna have to try and get my head straight and start onto the college work due, I'd know she wouldn't want me throwing away a years worth of work for nothing.

Daisies wrote: »
    I went to dunnes to buy celery. Got distracted by (Galway reference) Gino's (an Italian gelato bar). Just had the MOST amazing icecream, it was called cookies. Nom nom. Now I feel ill as I inhaled it!

ice cream is your friend so no harm done! :D

Hey Rebel Girl!

hope you are ok! Its a terrible thing to see such a young life being taken from the world
    over the past few years i have seen too many people in the prime of their life being taken away and its a horrible thing to see and experience

ill be thinking of you xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Jaysus rebel girl, that sounds rough. Big hugs for you. We're always here for chats anytime you need it. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Hugs rebel girl. It's the worst having to go through that.

I really wanna take up paintballing. We should organize something. *hint hint hint* I hear Kart City in Swords do good deals... *conspiritory glances*

I really wanna take up paintballing. We should organize something. *hint hint hint* I hear Kart City in Swords do good deals... *conspiritory glances*

paintballing isnt too bad its quite fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

New study plan finalised: sit on my bed trying to warm myself up and softly sing lullabies to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Congrats sarahbro

Hope you are okay PB

Home from the funeral a couple of hours ago, fantastic send off for her, and in fairness, it was so well organised. The church was packed, I wasn't inside at all, ended up with our gang outside, and there was a huge crowd outside as well as inside. Her poor family :( its going to be so hard for them, after burying the youngest in the family. I don't know if I believe in everything for a reason, and it was her time, and all those other kind of sentiments. What kind of higher power takes a 23 year old girl, coming into the prime of her life and creates so much heartache for the people left behind? Her poor sister had to travel half the world to get back, poor girl getting that phone call. If that truck was one second later, she'd be alive today. The slimmest of margins. Why is the biggest question going around in my head atm - gonna have to try and get my head straight and start onto the college work due, I'd know she wouldn't want me throwing away a years worth of work for nothing.

Rebel girl - talk to your lecturers, and let them know what's been going on.

Hopefully it won't affect your exam performance, but if it does, it's better for your lecturers to know in advance so that they can take it into consideration when marking your papers - rather than getting the results, and then going back and trying to appeal.

I'm speaking from experience here, unfortunately. Trust me, it's better to just let them know now, at the time.

I'm very sorry for your loss, and you're right. Things don't always happen for a reason, and stuff that happens just sucks sometimes. :( All you can really do is to make the most of the time that you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have to study. Mood is, however, in a black hole which I'm thinking can only be gotten rid of with a large proper spoony cuddle and I can't get one of those :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Packing is making me want to pull my hair out, grrr argh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Went for an hour long walk in a fit of temper, anger is good for something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Rebel girl, so so sorry to hear that, take care of yourself!

Finally managed to pay off a huge bill which was hanging over my head, delighted with myself however now I have very little money for the month ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Huge hugs for Pixiebean and Rebel girl! xx

I'm giving up on studying in earnest for tonight. Going to have a shower and I'll read an article while drying/straightening my hair but apart from that I'm pretty much done. Feeling horribly underprepared but I always get a delicious sense of calm/indifference about exams the night before/day of which serves me well. :)

Rebel girl - talk to your lecturers, and let them know what's been going on.

Hopefully it won't affect your exam performance, but if it does, it's better for your lecturers to know in advance so that they can take it into consideration when marking your papers - rather than getting the results, and then going back and trying to appeal.

A huge +1 to this. My neighbour went missing after a night out and was found drowned in the quays in Galway. I was in the middle of my 1st semester exams for my final year. I had a chat to my year head (well, I broke into tears and choked out what happened) and he had words with some of my lecturers. I missed one exam and stupidly sat one after I got the news and failed but they took it all into account. Make sure they know, if even for the support

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ooh Daisies got bolded! Congrats! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Hope you're okay rebel girl x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement