Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

everyone has such fancy phones!

and heres me with my little ****ty nokia non android phone!

id love a new phone but my one still lets me text and call people so for the moment its all good!

although i want a samsung galaxy s II!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Hmmmm. I've to evaluate my level of French for my registration and I seem to fall slap bang between two levels so I don't know which to put down. Should I lean towards the lower one or the higher one? I feel like either way it'll be an inaccurate representation :/

I'd go with the higher level - if it decides classes etc for next year it'll push you more and improve your French more. Also I've noticed that French students would put "fluent English" on their CV a lot faster than Irish students would put "fluent French" so it is possible that their definition of fluency would be different to yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have a Sony Ericsson X8 and had nothing but problems with it.

I bought it in Jan and had to have it replaced a month later, the replacement was going fine until about two weeks ago when I started having more problems with it.

IMO it's a piece of expensive shyte. Don't get it.

Haagan Dazs chocolate, pralines and caramel is scrumptious. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Love that icecream :D

I'm grumpy cos of lack of sleep last night. Was in a very cuddly mood and my pillow and teddybears weren't working :( Got lovely long hugs off the boy in work today.... think that may be a dead end though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

My phone is a Vodafone Smart - wasn't bothered to buy a fancy one because I'd be terrified of breaking it. :o
    Daycent enough phone and it's purple, I love purple! :D

I'm the same lilmissprincess, knackered right now and it's not even 7 yet! What happened with your guy in work?

My phone is a Vodafone Smart - wasn't bothered to buy a fancy one because I'd be terrified of breaking it. :o

i love that someone else doesnt have a fancy phone!

i like my phone it cost me €40 2 years ago and hasnt let me down....yet! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its always worth having a cheapo phone in a drawer just in case, dont get how people rely so heavily on their phones and dont have a spare one someplace in case their current one breaks

I think I'm just overtired and overthinking; and I think I just want the boy to make the first move for once. Then at least I'd know that he's interested and not just a REALLY nice guy. I'm not good at this. Three hours sleep doesn't help.

I need to study. I need to study. And nothing in the world is motivating me.

I think I'm just overtired and overthinking; and I think I just want the boy to make the first move for once. Then at least I'd know that he's interested and not just a REALLY nice guy. I'm not good at this. Three hours sleep doesn't help.

I need to study. I need to study. And nothing in the world is motivating me.

the cute kittens want you to study :D

kittens-sleeping.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Reliving my childhood here watching Jumanji. That rhinos crashing through the bookcase scene is still cool :p

Nokias are bulletproof, they really are.
    My first one was a Nokia, and I think it still works...well, the screen whites out sometimes but for a phone that's been going for around 8 years that's not so bad! :D
    My one now was only 50 and I love it.

I saw this on Vodafone once, keep thinking it would be a handy backup phone.
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones-and-plans/phones/pay-as-you-go/phone-details/vodafone-vf252

I love the description!
    "It phones, it texts, it's got big keys. It's cheap so you won't be too upset if you lose it"

Made me laugh. :pac:

the cute kittens want you to study :D

This kitten seconds that! :pac:

...while timewasting herself on boards.
    Hypocritical of me much, wha'? :P

Those kittens get to snooze and cuddle up though..... hmmm....

This kitten seconds that! :pac:

...while timewasting herself on boards.
    Hypocritical of me much, wha'? :P

hahaha me too *high five* :o
    Those kittens get to snooze and cuddle up though..... hmmm....

i know i want to cuddle up and go to sleep!
    but think about it...you get to do it after the study!

i have compromised i have a blanket and a couch surrounded by study...which hasnt been touched :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

everyone has such fancy phones!

and heres me with my little ****ty nokia non android phone!

id love a new phone but my one still lets me text and call people so for the moment its all good!

although i want a samsung galaxy s II!

Its a lovely phone but the samsung s III (I think thats what it's called)Has/is been released soon

Its a lovely phone but the samsung s III (I think thats what it's called)Has/is been released soon

has it??? well that shows how behind i am in terms of new phones....how embarrassing :o

im sure by the time this one brakes there will be another one out! :p

has it??? well that shows how behind i am in terms of new phones....how embarrassing :o

im sure by the time this one brakes there will be another one out! :p

such is the business, it still makes me laugh when people are shocked theres a new iphone out in a few months, theres been one every year for the past 5 years, this is not a surprise.

krudler wrote: »
    such is the business, it still makes me laugh when people are shocked theres a new iphone out in a few months, theres been one every year for the past 5 years, this is not a surprise.

I really shouldnt be shocked at it...

I used to be really into looking at new phones when i was younger
    But i just realised wheres the point in buying a new phone when the present one still works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I had two potatoes left, put them somewhere safe so they wouldn't get lost...couldn't find them for the life of me so had to go to the shop for spuds. Got back and the housemate had found them for me, wrapped in a towel in the cupboard. :confused::confused:

Also read the game of thrones forum on boards, and now want to reread the books from the start. One week into my final exams is not the ideal time for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Saw Jeff DUnham last night and was blown away! He's great and very talented.

552869_10150835751682259_833992258_9570256_1849140895_n.jpg

Some serious saving is to be done now!

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Saw Jeff DUnham last night and was blown away! He's great and very talented.

Some serious saving is to be done now!

Peanut is great, his non-puppet standup isnt very good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

krudler wrote: »
    Peanut is great, his non-puppet standup isnt very good though

I have to say I enjoyed all of it :)

Babysitting tonight, I'm so wrecked just want to go back to bed!

Think a trip to Tesco to stock up on stationary, chocolate and flavoured coffees is in order, then study for the night, thanks to the bank holiday and not having college all week I can afford a dodgy sleep pattern....

For any Downton Abbey/Fresh Prince of BelAir fans out there...

I want that chair. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Me and bf are going to the cinema instead of out to the pub. :D

Cinema popcorn ftw. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Me and bf are going to the cinema instead of out to the pub. :D

Cinema popcorn ftw. :D

Go for a sneaky pint afterwards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I witnessed the most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life yesterday.

I was on the subway, lazily gazing out the window as it was taking off and leaving the station. I saw a man trip getting off the train that was coming into the station on the other side of the platform.

He stumbled several times and then landed on the ground right beside the train; meanwhile the train started to move, doors closed and it sped up...and the speed of it obviously threw him as he was trying to get up, his legs got caught between the platform and the train and he literally lay there, with the train mangling his legs as it passed at ridiculous speed.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds and I sat staring helplessly, in absolute horror, as my train left the station. I screamed and the guy across from me stared at me like I was some sort of nutcase. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and sat there in shock, mouth open, for the rest of the trip.

I've no way of finding out what happened to that man. There are no reports, nothing online. I can't stop seeing it; stop seeing him. He was about my dad's age, short, stout, tanned, grey hair, wearing beige culottes and a beige t-shirt. He looked like a tourist. And he more than likely lost his legs yesterday.

Jesus Christ. Poor man.

beks101 wrote: »
    I witnessed the most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life yesterday.

I was on the subway, lazily gazing out the window as it was taking off and leaving the station. I saw a man trip getting off the train that was coming into the station on the other side of the platform.

He stumbled several times and then landed on the ground right beside the train; meanwhile the train started to move, doors closed and it sped up...and the speed of it obviously threw him as he was trying to get up, his legs got caught between the platform and the train and he literally lay there, with the train mangling his legs as it passed at ridiculous speed.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds and I sat staring helplessly, in absolute horror, as my train left the station. I screamed and the guy across from me stared at me like I was some sort of nutcase. I couldn't believe what I had just seen and sat there in shock, mouth open, for the rest of the trip.

I've no way of finding out what happened to that man. There are no reports, nothing online. I can't stop seeing it; stop seeing him. He was about my dad's age, short, stout, tanned, grey hair, wearing beige culottes and a beige t-shirt. He looked like a tourist. And he more than likely lost his legs yesterday.

Jesus Christ. Poor man.

fcuking hell, where was this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

oh, it's so refreshing to read female fantasy writers, and good ones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement