Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LPG Conversion

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sorel

found promotion instead of cheaper price of TAX on autogasdublin.ie sounds very good

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

Has anyone had any problems getting insurance cover for an LPG conversion?
    My insurance co. are saying that they will need an engineers report from a main dealer which I doubt I'll be able to get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

feichin wrote: »
    My insurance co. are saying that they will need an engineers report from a main dealer which I doubt I'll be able to get.

Yes, but I got it sorted.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056791993

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sorel

Garage should give you certificate for insurance company. PSV and Taxi drivers needs engineers report only. That's info from LPGAIN. Ask them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

The installers give an independent engineers report as part of their service. The Ins. Co. are saying this has to be provided by a main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The installers give an independent engineers report as part of their service. The Ins. Co. are saying this has to be provided by a main dealer.

How are a main dealer qualified to give a report on LPG? I didn't know they were in the business of LPG conversions?

What is this thing about main dealers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

What insurance company are you with? I had my LS430 done with lpgain and the cert they provided was fine for Allianz.

It seems utterly illogical that they want you to go to a main dealer, who will have no ability to critique an installation whatsoever.

Advertisement