Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floyd Mayweather Vs Miguel Cotto

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

walshb wrote: »
    But, does one have to be a devout christian not to agree with same sex marriage?

well personally i don't even think that you have to disagree with same-sex marriage to be a devout christian.

But no, obviously there are lots of non-christians that are against same-sex marriage, I was just using "devout christians" as one example of a group of people who tend to be against same-sex marriage (and a group that are quite prevalant in the U.S.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Clicked on this thread to read about the mayweather and cotto fight, first thing i see is a discussion on gay marriage, fúck me yous lads know how to go off topic :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Clicked on this thread to read about the mayweather and cotto fight, first thing i see is a discussion on gay marriage, fúck me yous lads know how to go off topic :D:D

C'mon, credit where credit's due. It took us 30 pages to go off topic!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

But, does one have to be a devout christian not to agree with same sex marriage?

If he'd stopped at disagreeing with gay marriage it wouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately he also started talking about Sodom and Gomorrah which is old testament fire and brimstone homophobia.

Now obviously enough Manny is no deep thinker and is clearly just parroting the views of the ludicrous anachronism that is the catholic church. Fair enough if that's what he wants to do, but this stuff should be publicised in the markets from which he makes most of his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Henno30 wrote: »
    If he'd stopped at disagreeing with gay marriage it wouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately he also started talking about Sodom and Gomorrah which is old testament fire and brimstone homophobia.

Now obviously enough Manny is no deep thinker and is clearly just parroting the views of the ludicrous anachronism that is the catholic church. Fair enough if that's what he wants to do, but this stuff should be publicised in the markets from which he makes most of his money.

Yes, all that "gods laws talk" is a sign of a nut. Isn't the same with so many of these athletes and celebs. "First, I want to thank god.":rolleyes: Gimme a break!

Although, our own treasure, Katie, really does believe that god is on her side in the ring. Well, best of luck to her. If it gets her gold in London.....

• Advertisement

Yes, all that "gods laws talk" is a sign of a nut. Isn't the same with so many of these athletes and celebs. "First, I want to thank god.":rolleyes: Gimme a break!

Although, our own treasure, Katie, really does believe that god is on her side in the ring. Well, best of luck to her. If it gets her gold in London.....

After years of whoring and gambling, Manny obviously hit some personal crisis and caught religion as a result. As we know ourselves, a society dominated by the catholic church leaves scope for the kind of bigotry Manny has been told is the will of god.

In any case, the highlight of the whole episode for me has been this statement from Floyd on facebook a few hours ago:

hqbkv.jpg

You've got to admire the comic timing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Yeah I had a little chuckle seeing that this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Pretty ridiculous by floyd when on 24/7 he made such a big deal of cotto touching his mates ass and sharing a bed with him in a non gay way.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

cowzerp wrote: »
    Pretty ridiculous by floyd when on 24/7 he made such a big deal of cotto touching his mates ass and sharing a bed with him in a non gay way.

Maybe he's not comfortable with it personally- I have plenty of friends that aren't- but feels that people should be afforded equal rights.

You don't have to join them in the showers to support gay rights

efb wrote: »
    Maybe he's not comfortable with it personally- I have plenty of friends that aren't- but feels that people should be afforded equal rights.

You don't have to join them in the showers to support gay rights

It did not come across like that to me-he did not have to join anyone in any showers, There was nothing gay going on and Floyd made something out of it that was not there, either way he's just jumping on the bandwagon here.

• Advertisement

It's a bandwagon I want everyone on!

efb wrote: »
    It's a bandwagon I want everyone on!

fair enough but it's all a bit political and all for on here!

him (manny) getting himself in trouble is boxing talk as it may affect his sponsorship's, PPV, all sorts of things.

And Floyd may want to increase his- it could be a whole new revenue stream - Floyd loves money!

Ah you have to get a laugh out of Floyd's comment. Obviously he's been a paragon of homophobia himself in the past, that's what makes it all the funnier. Credit where it's due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Gas out lads, he never misses an opportunity. I think it's hilarious. Gotta love Mayweather. He's really got the one up on manny this time round (despite the fact any investigative work shows he may not be entirely sincere)

Still though, very funny stuff.

great video lads. a true champion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

insanity50 wrote: »
    great video lads. a true champion.

just out of curiosity, have you actually seen any boxing matches that Floyd Mayweather wasn't in? Have you ever been to the national stadium and see a live action amateur boxing bout. Just seems to be that you're a fan of this particular boxer and not an actual fan of the sport.

Reminiscent of those strange die hard United/celtic/liverpool fans who actually don't know how to play football and don't know anything about football but know every minute detail about they club they follow.

cambridge wrote: »
    just out of curiosity, have you actually seen any boxing matches that Floyd Mayweather wasn't in? Have you ever been to the national stadium and see a live action amateur boxing bout. Just seems to be that you're a fan of this particular boxer and not an actual fan of the sport.

Reminiscent of those strange die hard United/celtic/liverpool fans who actually don't know how to play football and don't know anything about football but know every minute detail about they club they follow.

I'm not even going to bother responding to that tripe.
    Anyone who knows me and my posts knows how passionate I am about both boxing and mixed martial arts. The modern day gladiator is only seen inside the ring and the cage.

Anyway it's clear from a quick scan through your post history that you've been banned numerous times for trolling in other forums. Won't bother engaging with you, as I suspect it will end up with you dragging an otherwise nice and friendly forum down into the gutter along with the other forums you've reaked havoc on. Surprised the mods haven't gotten rid of you permanently yet, but assume it's only a matter of when.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

I don't know what you're talking about, I've only been banned once. Sounds like you're trying to create an ad hominem attack to disguise the fact you've been exposed.

What's your favourite boxing fight that doesn't include Floyd? I would wager you've never seen one.

cambridge wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about, I've only been banned once. Sounds like you're trying to create an ad hominem attack to disguise the fact you've been exposed.

What's your favourite boxing fight that doesn't include Floyd? I would wager you've never seen one.

Gatti Ward 1 or Gatti Ward 3.

And yourself?

From your history, I would wager you've never posted on a thread with any intent other than to spoil and sully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

Rocky 3 and Rocky 2 would be my faves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

insanity50 wrote: »
    Gatti Ward 1 or Gatti Ward 3.

And yourself?

From your history, I would wager you've never posted on a thread with any intent other than to spoil and sully.

You do plenty of badger baiting yourself, so you're hardly innocent.

Lads trolling and accusing trolling is against the charter-report posts you feel are trolling.

Advertisement