Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jones V Evans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Not sure
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Wow a judge actually gave Rashad a round. These judges never cease to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

oh look, it's bright outside

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

That pulling guard was just for show too,he knew time was near up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Evans
    Who wants to take a guess at how long it will take someone to blame the fact that Jones didn't finish this fight on Greg Jackson?

I'll say it'll be between 14:00 - 15:00 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Evans
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    I thought there might have been a bit of beef squashing after that fight but it looks like the animosity is still just as bad.

They never even looked at each other after the fight.
    Yeah wait for the drive by.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Lol at Evans winning a round.
    Seriously where do they find these judges

i could see how he might have been given the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Evans
    Mellor wrote: »
    Lol. What?

Tl;dr?

He didn't finish Evans, when he could easily have.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Evans
    Kurz wrote: »
    Yeah but he made very light work of much better fighters in Machida and Shogun, very violently. Evans is doing nothing to stop him doing the same thing here but he's choosing not to.
    you are really under rating Evans. He is 100% at the same level as the top 3 LHW contenders. Jones is just that much better.

Evans
    Kurz wrote: »
    Tl;dr?

He didn't finish Evans, when he could easily have.

Explain

• Advertisement

night morning lads

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Not sure
    I wish the commentators wouldn't be so biased as well, it's like watching a Barcelona match on RTE.

Evans
    I wish the commentators wouldn't be so biased as well, it's like watching a Barcelona match on RTE.

They were bigging up Jones because he is so much better than Rashad. 5 rounds better in this case!

Evans
    Explain

Explain what?

Evans
    Griggs should've answered the phone!

Evans
    So who impressed the most tonight lads.? For me it was probably McDonald. I know Che was thrown in at the deepend and has a name to live up to. McDonald is really a force to be reckoned with in the future. Love to see him v Condit again.

Evans
    Both McDonalds really impressed me. I was impressed with Michael McDonald's fights but I didn't expect that finish with Torres. Really impressive.

Evans
    Dean09 wrote: »
    So who impressed the most tonight lads.? For me it was probably McDonald. I know Che was thrown in at the deepend and has a name to live up to. McDonald is really a force to be reckoned with in the future. Love to see him v Condit again.

Yeah McDonald was the star of the night. Unfortunately for Mills it seemed to have been set up that way though!

Evans
    Dean09 wrote: »

Yeah McDonald was the star of the night. Unfortunately for Mills it seemed to have been set up that way though!
    Yeah I feel sorry for Mills. He was thrown to the sharks tonight. He was lost. He has a great future but he still has to learn a thing or two.

Evans
    Presser will be on here if anyone wants to watch

(Lol at the fact that the picture for "Prelims" in the video options is of JDS & Overeem)

• Advertisement

Evans
    Dana just confirmed Hendo is next for Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Evans
    HENDO!! Oh ffs... 41... 5' 11".... what a waste of time! The fight tonight was muck too, only thing we can confirm about Evans is that he's awesome at gently bouncing back and forth while standing.

Evans
    O.P.H wrote: »
    HENDO!! Oh ffs... 41... 5' 11".... what a waste of time!

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Evans
    HENDO!! Oh ffs... 41... 5' 11".... what a waste of time!
    Lol
    It's confirmed. The 205 division is the me magnet for nonsense.

If you think Henderson is anything less that an incredible athlete you should not only give up MMA but sport in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Evans
    Mellor wrote: »
    Lol
    It's confirmed. The 205 division is the me magnet for nonsense.

If you think Henderson is anything less that an incredible athlete you should not only give up MMA but sport in general.

Will ya stop, we just saw how well Jones (6' 4", reach like 85") shut down a 5' 11" Evans. Evans has the second best takedown rate in UFC, did u see a sniff of a takedown, and im sorry i dont care how great an athlete u are, 41 is past it, jones is 24 and hungry, muse all ya want but they might aswell start lookin for the next guy to fight jones now

Evans
    Will ya stop, we just saw how well Jones (6' 4", reach like 85") shut down a 5' 11" Evans. Evans has the second best takedown rate in UFC, did u see a sniff of a takedown, and im sorry i dont care how great an athlete u are, 41 is past it, jones is 24 and hungry, muse all ya want but they might aswell start lookin for the next guy to fight jones now

Yeah, because if there's one thing MMA has taught us it's that height is the most important thing about MMA!

And you're completely right about just pointing out that he's 41 and, without taking into account any of his strengths, weaknesses, form, record, health, fitness, heart, ranking etc just saying he is "past it" simply because he is, indeed, 41!

I'm glad you're making such solid points and not talking absolute ballocks! Because that would be bad!

Evans
    Watch Hendo's last 3 fights and come back to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Not sure
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Hendo only needs to land once to finish anyone, and he's got the chin to take shots in order to get in and land that one bomb.

• Advertisement

Evans
    Jones' chin was tested a bit last night with those big overhand rights. Big difference between Hendo and Rashad with overhand rights though ;).
    Fight of the year candidate but I say Jones takes it with effective range and ground control.

Advertisement