Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Happy Birthday Coeur! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Happy birthday cour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Thanks everyone! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

i had a bad dose of IBS today in school! :(

It's soooo debilitating

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You were born? 0_o

I thought you just flew in from Transylvania with Frank-N-Furter and the rest! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I SEE YOU SHIVER WITH ANTICI.........

PATION.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

You were born? 0_o

I thought you just flew in from Transylvania with Frank-N-Furter and the rest! :p
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    I SEE YOU SHIVER WITH ANTICI.........

PATION.

You look like you're both pretty groovy :cool:

Dooooooont get strung out, by the way I look! Don't judge a book by its cover!
    I'm not much of a man by the light of day, but by night I'm one hell of a lover. ;)

HIT IT COEUR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Anyone know how to go about the whole change of course thing on the CAO website?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Anyone know how to go about the whole change of course thing on the CAO website?
    Is it open yet? I just want to change my Number 2 to number 1 and add another course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Is it open yet? I just want to change my Number 2 to number 1 and add another course?
    Well I got a letter from the CAO today with a change of level form but it also says I can change it online! And same - just want to change my first two around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Happy Birthday Coeur!
    I can help you with the integration Patchy or just that K^3=16 question, Its fairly short tbh.

You can say that the entire area is 8 or 24/3 for sake of ease
    Integrate x^2.dx to get x^3/3 with limits 2 and 0 giving 8/3 as your area outside the curve.
    Integrate root y to get (2y^3/2)/3 with limits k and 0 giving (2k^3/2)/3
    This equals half the remaining area(we are told this) so 8/3
    Use algebra to find that k^3=16

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What date do the LC results come out this year? (I know it's a bit early to be thinking about results )

Eathrin wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Coeur!
    I can help you with the integration Patchy or just that K^3=16 question, Its fairly short tbh.

You can say that the entire area is 8 or 24/3 for sake of ease
    Integrate x^2.dx to get x^3/3 with limits 2 and 0 giving 8/3 as your area outside the curve.
    Integrate root y to get (2y^3/2)/3 with limits k and 0 giving (2k^3/2)/3
    This equals half the remaining area(we are told this) so 8/3
    Use algebra to find that k^3=16
    How is the entire area 8? Surely you mean each half, right?

By area outside the curve do you mean above it or below? And where did you get root y?

Thank you guys for your help, yizr my only hopes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    How is the entire area 8? Surely you mean each half, right?

By area outside the curve do you mean above it or below? And where did you get root y?

Thank you guys for your help, yizr my only hopes :P

Well first of all you can neglect the area to the left of the y axis completely so area is 8, not 16 as you're probably thinking
    I mean between the curve and the x axis.

x^2=y

Get the square root of both sides
    root y= x

Differentiate with respect to x now because we're on the y axis (are between the curve, k and y axis)
    So its Integrate y^1/2 .dy. And with limits K and 0. And do it just like any other integration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

What date do the LC results come out this year? (I know it's a bit early to be thinking about results )

WEDNESDAY 15TH AUGUST 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Anyone else slowly starting to burn out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    I feel like sleeping right now.. Sooner this LC is over, the better!

Well first of all you can neglect the area to the left of the y axis completely so area is 8, not 16 as you're probably thinking
    I mean between the curve and the x axis.

x^2=y

Get the square root of both sides
    root y= x

Differentiate with respect to x now because we're on the y axis (are between the curve, k and y axis)
    So its Integrate y^1/2 .dy. And with limits K and 0. And do it just like any other integration.

Haha I'm lost, I'd ask questions but its making so little sense to me that its probably not even worth it. :o
    Thank you for trying though. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

http://www.tcd.ie/Science/undergraduate/jf/

anybody able to explain something on this link? It says you take 30ECTS per semester, yet in pattern 1, and in most of the patter, what they say you take would be more than 30ECTS, eg. on patter one each semester has 40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I feel like sleeping right now.. Sooner this LC is over, the better!
    Yea man it's also really frustrating when you have unproductive study sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm usually tired , but I took today off to study so it's okay today . It's harder to study after school. I can't wait for the LC to be over but I really don't want it to begin yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

anybody able to explain something on this link? It says you take 30ECTS per semester, yet in pattern 1, and in most of the patter, what they say you take would be more than 30ECTS, eg. on patter one each semester has 40?

For pattern one, it says you have to take Maths and Physics (10 + 10) and then one of the other ones per semester. The wording is confusing when it says you can take 2, but it just means 2 different ones for the 2 semesters, but still only 1 x 10 ECTS for each semester. Does that make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I think I know what you're asking but not 100% sure, I'll give it a go though

In pattern 1 (just taking it as an example) you must take maths and physics in semester 1 (10 credits each) and take them again in semester 2 (10 credits each). What it's then saying is that you take two of the rest of the options, but they don't mean two subjects, e.g. Biology and Chemistry. They mean you take one chemistry module (for example) in the first semester for 10 credits, and another chemistry module in the 2nd semester for another 10 credits. So you'd be doing Maths, Physics and Chemistry in both semesters with each module worth 10 credits. If that makes sense :o Same idea with all the other patterns. I take it you're thinking of doing that course next year too? :)

EDIT: QueenOfLeon explained it much more concisely than I could!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Title race ain't over yet boyos. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

Yano dat letter we got from cao today... What do we write on the part under where it says " if this is not you cao number please..." my number is rite so what do i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

justBlake wrote: »
    Yano dat letter we got from cao today... What do we write on the part under where it says " if this is not you cao number please..." my number is rite so what do i do?

Nothing. You 'take no action' as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

justBlake wrote: »

Nothing :)

Guys, I'm actualy scared I'm going to get such a bad leaving cert!
    Five weeks just isn't enough time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Christ at this point I hate getting homework unless I am studying that topic.
    Otherwise I would rather concentrate on studying what I want :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Bitta stoner talk going on here, but does anyone here actually smoke weed? Someone who isn't me smokes it from time to time and is worried that it might affect his lc. :/

Ya I'm sure this person isn't you ;) But effect his leaving cert in what way? Obviously if your out partying/drinking/high you won't be getting study done and that will effect it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement