Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Lads the cao can be changed again in may right? Anyone know when the dates are? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Yeah you can change it as much as you want from May 5th to July 1st. :) Just don't leave your final decision 'til July 1st like I did. :cool:

Togepi wrote: »
    Yeah you can change it as much as you want from May 5th to July 1st. :) Just don't leave your final decision 'til July 1st like I did. :cool:
    Ahh that's grand, cheers :D can't wait till the exams are done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I keep forgetting to add more things to my cao I only have 3 courses down. I don't have time to look for more lol. I might wait until after the exams but then I might forget. I don't know what other courses I want as the rest don't really appeal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm definitely changing my Cao.
    No idea what to, but my future weeps for me.
    Actuarial studies, engineering, maths, physics, Irish?, computer science, economics and finance, journalism...Not a clue.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Actuarial studies, engineering, maths, physics, Irish?, computer science, economics and finance, journalism...Not a clue.

Did you go to any of thr talks at open days last year ? Or what subjects do you enjoy mostly?

I keep forgetting to add more things to my cao I only have 3 courses down. I don't have time to look for more lol. I might wait until after the exams but then I might forget. I don't know what other courses I want as the rest don't really appeal to me.
    Yeah I'm the same, as well as the level 7's :pac: Have absolutely none on mine really :pac:

One thing about having an interest in journalism is that you can always write about whatever area you go into, you don't need a degree to do that. That's what I keep telling myself anyway! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Bitta stoner talk going on here, but does anyone here actually smoke weed? Someone who isn't me smokes it from time to time and is worried that it might affect his lc. :/

Bitta stoner talk going on here, but does anyone here actually smoke weed? Someone who isn't me smokes it from time to time and is worried that it might affect his lc. :/
    Haha hope not :D

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm the same, as well as the level 7's :pac: Have absolutely none on mine really :pac:

Yeah I have none down for the level 7s. The course I like us hard to find and it's always named different things I can never tell if it's the right kinda course . I'm not sure what other level 8s to add I only have 2 universities down and 3 courses. I can't find other level 8s that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Did you go to any of thr talks at open days last year ? Or what subjects do you enjoy mostly?
    Ah well yeah I went to loads. I'd like anything tbh. I'm best at maths but that could get boring. Engineering and comp sci seem more interesting but far worse paid careers. Business subjects also seem interesting but there's just so many its hardly worth trying to compete with everyone else!

But that's only a side project anyway...until I take up music production:D
    Togepi wrote: »
    One thing about having an interest in journalism is that you can always write about whatever area you go into, you don't need a degree to do that. That's what I keep telling myself anyway! :P

That's true,
    kinda true for business too, you can just go into business in your field.

Yeah I have none down for the level 7s. The course I like us hard to find and it's always named different things I can never tell if it's the right kinda course . I'm not sure what other level 8s to add I only have 2 universities down and 3 courses. I can't find other level 8s that I like.
    Ahh yeah, sure would you not consider putting Arts to your cao list? Thats me backup that I've got on me cao :)

Ah well yeah I went to loads. I'd like anything tbh. I'm best at maths but that could get boring. Engineering and comp sci seem more interesting but far worse paid careers. Business subjects also seem interesting but there's just so many its hardly worth trying to compete with everyone else!

But that's only a side project anyway...until I take up music production:D

That's true,
    kinda true for business too, you can just go into business in your field.

I always thought computer science had high pay :s there is a lot of employment in that field too. Not sure about engineering I always heard that it was good. You want a course that has good job opportunities after too. Just keep looking you'll find something you like . Or even try a plc if you're not too sure. If they have the course .

Ahh yeah, sure would you not consider putting Arts to your cao list? Thats me backup that I've got on me cao :)

The points are too high for arts courses and it doesn't interest me. I might put down business if I can find something there. If they're aren't many computer business courses.

The points are too high for arts courses and it doesn't interest me. I might put down business if I can find something there. If they're aren't many computer business courses.
    Ahh right, what I don't like is that theres so few level 7 courses :pac:
    Just in case I screw me level 8's up :P

:) Have 10 level 8's at about 7 colleges, and about 4 level 7's too :pac: Not much choice with the 7's :pac:

:) Have 10 level 8's at about 7 colleges, and about 4 level 7's too :pac: Not much choice with the 7's :pac:

I have 2 ucas offers aswell. What type of courses did you apply for? They're are a few more courses in level 7 that do what I want but there isn't a placement year .

I have 2 ucas offers aswell. What type of courses did you apply for? They're are a few more courses in level 7 that do what I want but there isn't a placement year .
    They range from science to arts to music, journalism and teaching :)
    At this stage all I want is for the exams to end :D

They range from science to arts to music, journalism and teaching :)
    At this stage all I want is for the exams to end :D

Aw cool mine are all similar courses it business but most unis only do computer science which is different .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

finality wrote: »
    My grade was ok, but I just can't actually speak the language. I can generally write ok but not speak. :L

The integration C parts, is it the ones where you find the area enclosed by the graph that you don't like?
    Ahaha I can speak it for the most part, except this one time where I mixed up the word for "ruined" and "cursed". As in, "the water cursed the kitchen", awkward :pac:

Yeah, they're the devil :( All this stuff about seeing hidden triangles and finding intersections rips my soul to bits :P

Also, happy birthday Coeur, you stoner you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COEURRRRR!!!!!!

On a side note, I went to school today and came home an hour later feeling like death....:(

I have a 2 hour maths grind session soon :(.
    My mind is always tired after doing maths I hope I can stay focused.
    I just remembered I got my mock results for maths last week I only got 3 marks on Q3. That question seems to be a disaster for me definitely avoiding that one now. And I failed it by 2%. The test was done is February though.

And Happy birthday Coeur :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Ahaha I can speak it for the most part, except this one time where I mixed up the word for "ruined" and "cursed". As in, "the water cursed the kitchen", awkward :pac:

Yeah, they're the devil :( All this stuff about seeing hidden triangles and finding intersections rips my soul to bits :P

Also, happy birthday Coeur, you stoner you ;)

You do pretty much the same thing with every question, so they're fine once you get your head around them. I can try to help with them if you want, they're one of my favourite parts of the course. :P

finality wrote: »
    You do pretty much the same thing with every question, so they're fine once you get your head around them. I can try to help with them if you want, they're one of my favourite parts of the course. :P
    They all seem so different to me - sometimes its finding the area, sometimes there might even be a triangle in it, and sometimes they tell you to prove something (like that horrible k^3 = 16 one :o). Dunno how you can like them, never mind them being among your favourites. :P

If you wouldnt mind, help would be nice :P Just any useful techniques or things to look out for if you have any :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Patchy I would happily give you half my integration knowledge :L I've spent like 3 months on it in applied maths and 2 months in maths this year and it's actually become second nature to me. :P Every Irish class when I get bored (my teacher is awful) I make up my own integration questions and try solve them. :o:o

But please give me your knowledge of Irish grammar!! I hate that feckin baininscineach/firinscineach rule! And i couldn't be arsed learning it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

So confused. CAO yoke came today, and I really only started thinking about the 2 elective subjects I want to do with my Law Degree in NUIM.

I was considering doing the BBL- Which is Civil Law and Commerce Basically.

But lately, I don't think I want to give up English just yet. If I choose the BCL (Civil Law & 2 electives) i'll get the chance to study English & Economics, just is the module I was going to study in the BBL anyway (Economics that is).

:eek:. It's so hard to decide.

Basically it's Law & English or Law & Economics and I can't decide :(

Wesc. wrote: »
    Patchy I would happily give you half my integration knowledge :L I've spent like 3 months on it in applied maths and 2 months in maths this year and it's actually become second nature to me. :P Every Irish class when I get bored (my teacher is awful) I make up my own integration questions and try solve them. :o:o

But please give me your knowledge of Irish grammar!! I hate that feckin baininscineach/firinscineach rule! And i couldn't be arsed learning it. :pac:
    The jealousy! :pac:
    You mean word genders in general? :L I kind of think Irish/French grammar is fun, its like ohhh this word is feminine, time to put in a H or an E or change the adjective :cool::pac:

But when it comes to finding the area under the curve I'm just...hopeless :P

Happy Birthday Coeur! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Found out today that I didn't pass the Portfolio submission stage in DIT (my 4th choice). Waheey! :D I knew I had it coming. Everyone came in with these large A2 leather cases and probably spent weeks making the portfolio and I printed the photos in A4 and shoved them into a simple A4 folder :rolleyes:

Still didn't do too bad, got 200 but 300 is a pass :p
    Theres so much stuff I can't wait to change on my CAO anyway. LCVP wasn't too bad today either :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement