Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Could they leave all the females out, they had 2 in last year.

They could. I really hope they don't though. And it is unlikely seeing as it's never happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Listening to the English countdown 606 podcast gonna see if they predict anything could be useful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Listening to the English countdown 606 podcast gonna see if they predict anything could be useful too.

When is the English one? Is it tonight's or did they already do English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Boland came up last year though? Heaney is the most likely of all.

When is the English one? Is it tonight's or did they already do English?

It was on already there's a podcast.

http://2fm.rte.ie/show/113#podcast_panel

• Advertisement

They predicted Heaney , Larkin , Plath and Rich. The podcast was quite useful .

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Jaysus, just listened to a recording of a guy in the tower on 9/11 while it went down. LC feels insignificant now

I'd be happy with that! Plus I'd have a choice of answering on Plath if the Rich question was awful. They'll hardly put on two women again though? Although that would be the best 'unpredictable' thing they could do for poetry. :D

Togepi wrote: »
    I'd be happy with that! Plus I'd have a choice of answering on Plath if the Rich question was awful. They'll hardly put on two women again though? Although that would be the best 'unpredictable' thing they could do for poetry. :D

That would be my perfect paper I keep thinking those 4 will come as well. They also said you could fail prescribed poetry and still get an A :S that it's only worth 50marks.

Technically you could fail it and get an A1, or get 0 on it and get an A2. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I can't wait to get this shit over with, I am losing my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Thank God, just went over Rich, it wasn't too bad, I'd probably be able to answer a question on her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Technically you could fail it and get an A1, or get 0 on it and get an A2. :pac:

Yeah, um, that's why I left it blank, for, eh, the challenge:cool:

Joey. wrote: »
    I can't wait to get this shit over with, I am losing my mind.

I'd happily spend another few months in school.
    That said, repeating is never going to be an option for me.
    We defy augery, let be.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yeah, um, that's why I left it blank, for, eh, the challenge:cool:

Leave every exam blank and set yourself up for quite a challenge when trying to get accepted into college. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

This studyin craic is actually pretty alright when you've the motivation! Two Hamlet Essays and all Differentiation questions in the papers done today so far... Two more Hamlet Essays, poetry + comparative and I'll be pretty happy with today! Probably should do a bit of Engineering but I really cba :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Boland came up last year though? Heaney is the most likely of all.

Yeats came up two years in a row, it does happen.

I'd say if both Rich and Plath came up I'd do Rich cos absolutely everyone will go for Plath. Depends on the question obviously though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Hi folks, its been a while.

I was just thinking there, cannot wait to TROLL the SHOITE outta this forum next year!:p

Only messin. But to be able to look back at this, hopefully in some decent course in some sorta decent 3rd level institution in 12 months will feel great.

The next few weeks will be Dreadful, but summer and holliers are just around the corner!

Oh and BTW, how are ye fixed for the Euros? I have a day off after the Spain and Italy matched, so I figure I'll be cheering on the boys in green for all but one of the matches!:cool:

reznov wrote: »
    Leave every exam blank and set yourself up for quite a challenge when trying to get accepted into college. :cool:

In that case I attend the lectures of some course I'm not actually enrolled in, on exam day I take the paper of an absentee and for the rest of my life live under that name. Be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I'd happily spend another few months in school.
    That said, repeating is never going to be an option for me.
    We defy augery, let be.

To each his own, I suppose. I'm just glad to see the back of the place at long last :D

• Advertisement

I've only done regional and human so much left to do . I still have quite a bit of English to go over then. Anyone gonna listen to the project maths talk on that 2fm starting at 7pm?

I know there's a thread or two for this, but what do you all think will come up for Hamlet? I don't really know what to focus on and it seems like they can put anything on. :o

The only things I'm ruling out are Claudius and revenge tbh, other than that you can't really tell. If it was just a Hamlet question like the pre I'd vomit rainbows

How much marks is the Hamlet question worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

In that case I attend the lectures of some course I'm not actually enrolled in, on exam day I take the paper of an absentee and for the rest of my life live under that name. Be grand.

Your logic is certainly solution oriented. The only reason people are emotionally stirred during exam time is because they've tried too hard and invested much of their time.

But with the Be Grand attitude, you're just sorted for the rest of your life. I heard employers look for such confidence. :pac:

How much marks is the Hamlet question worth?

60. :(

60. :(

I'm really banking on role of women coming up that better come up. I still have loads of the essays to learn plus the quotes but just learning them off in the essay to make it easier. I don't use too many quotes just a few within sentences mostly.

Probably a stupid question but what does it mean on the timetable when it says 'The examination sessions highlighted in red include 20 minutes over and above the time traditionally allocated for the papers concerned'? (the red ones are English, Maths, Geography and History)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Nothing really. They added on an oh-so generous 20 minutes to help us finish exams in time, which gives you a whopping 5 minutes extra per history essay - thanks SEC!

It happened a few years ago too - its not so much a bonus, more that if they removed it we'd be more screwed than we are already. Most teachers base their timing advice taking those 20 minutes into account.

• Advertisement

reznov wrote: »
    Your logic is certainly solution oriented. The only reason people are emotionally stirred during exam time is because they've tried too hard and invested much of their time.

But with the Be Grand attitude, you're just sorted for the rest of your life. I heard employers look for such confidence. :pac:

Has anyone ever remarked that the phrase is be grand?
    Grand is alright, things will always be grand. Now what ambitious me wants is great, or fantastic even.
    Study your ass off for 6th year? Be fantastic
    Doss the year? Be grand.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement