Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

In HMMB Whatever you do don't try to write about a gay subplot!!!
    Made me LOL! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

In English paper 2 I write all my essays at the same time. I keep getting mental blocks, so when I do I just go to a different essay and write that for a while. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

In English paper 2 I write all my essays at the same time. I keep getting mental blocks, so when I do I just go to a different essay and write that for a while. :L

I actually like the sound of that, and it would actually help me, save me from waffling and losing marks in Purpose!! I will try that methinks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

finality wrote: »

That would annoy me so much. :P How do you know how much space to leave for your answers? Ahhhhhhhh, how can you do that?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Does watching the aul Peil Gaelach on TG4 count as study?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Does watching the aul Peil Gaelach on TG4 count as study?

If you have to ask then I think you already know the answer. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

I just know I'm going to be sick for at least one exam in this LC. Can already feel my immune system lowered due to stress. Happened in the JC as well, disaster awaits. . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

If you have to ask then I think you already know the answer. :p

Ach is é Mícháel an tráchtaire :(

That would annoy me so much. :P How do you know how much space to leave for your answers? Ahhhhhhhh, how can you do that?! :D

I know I'll never write more than 5 pages for poetry or Hamlet, and I put literary genre last :)

I do it in Irish too actually :L

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

How many European Union Policies must we know for business? I've learned the CFP and Common Competition Policy last year. Should I learn the others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Hey guyz, I'd post this in the English Poets thread but the off-topic posters are the best [/suckup] For poetry I've done Kinsella, Kavanagh, Rich, Boland, Heaney. Who do you think I should focus on the most in the next couple of days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm beginning to get worried, Plath will come up, won't she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

In HMMB Whatever you do don't try to write about a gay subplot!!!

Heh, someone suggested that to our teacher and I thought she was going to die of embarrassment. She also refuses to use the word lesbian, so Adrienne Rich had 'strong feelings towards women'.

I'd love a plant reproduction question for bio, hate all that cohesion-tension stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to get worried, Plath will come up, won't she?

If she doesn't then I'm going to do what my mam did in her Leaving - not answer the poetry question :o

Joey. wrote: »
    If she doesn't then I'm going to do what my mam did in her Leaving - not answer the poetry question :o

I will cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Am I the only one not doing Plath purely because everyone thinks she's going to come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I will cry.

No matter what poets come up, it's enough to reduce me to tears. I really, really hate English :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Lads if ye end up fecked for poetry, just pick a poet and write something! It's easy to get the first few marks of an answer, so you will get a few marks for just doing a little bit. ;) Just make it up, say you liked their imagery, that their poems spoke to you, whatever! (Even if you can't name a single poem of theirs.) :P Same goes if you run out of time - attempt every question rather than trying to finish the rest! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What's the timing supposed to be for English paper 2?
    My teacher didn't say and I haven't done the full paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Sorry guys but it's quite likely she won't come up, if I were ye I'd have a look at the other women too even just know what their peoms are about so you could BS an answer on them.

• Advertisement

Joey. wrote: »
    No matter what poets come up, it's enough to reduce me to tears. I really, really hate English :(

I like English, but It'll be Irish that will make me cry. If I fail, no college. :(

Wesc. wrote: »
    Sorry guys but it's quite likely she won't come up, if I were ye I'd have a look at the other women too even just know what their peoms are about so you could BS an answer on them.

I'm thinking I'll look over Rich but I can't bare Boreland's poetry, please tell me she will not come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

What's the timing supposed to be for English paper 2?
    My teacher didn't say and I haven't done the full paper.

What we do is:
    20 min for unseen poem
    50 min for studied poetry
    60 min for Hamlet
    70 min for comparatives

This doesn't leave you any reading/checking time though so you have to include it in there - maybe someone else has a better timeplan?

Bolands not on the next two years courses . Plath is on for the next two years. Rich is still on for next year.
    Heaneys not on next year but is the year after.
    Larkin and Kinsella are on for the next two years courses .
    The others aren't on next years course and the one after. So thats Boland , Kavanagh , Frost who's not on for the next two years courses. I don't think it'd be as predictable as that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Was looking at the statistics for last years Leaving Cert and if I got a completely average score for all of my subjects I would have 25 points more than I need for my course.

My new plan of action: be perfectly average. :cool:

Hey guyz, I'd post this in the English Poets thread but the off-topic posters are the best [/suckup] For poetry I've done Kinsella, Kavanagh, Rich, Boland, Heaney. Who do you think I should focus on the most in the next couple of days?

Kinsella, Kavanagh, Heaney

They're who I'll be focussing on along with Plath, but it's really hard to say. It depends on who you prefer as well, I personally don't like writing on Rich because a lot of her poetry is sort of the same. I don't think Boland is going to come up because apparently a ton of people answered on her last year, but she could. Predicting is so hard :(

Bolands not on the next two years courses . Plath is on for the next two years. Rich is still on for next year.

Oh dear god. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm thinking I'll look over Rich but I can't bare Boreland's poetry, please tell me she will not come up.

I reckon she's just as likely as Plath, sorry :(

But hey, what do I know I'm not the SEC, but the exam will certainly be less predictable this year than other years.

Oh and in other news, I've spent the last 2 hours listening to Drake :S

Just thinking the betting agents could make a lot of money doing leaving cert predictions. It's like the most talked about thing in the lc what poets will come up.

• Advertisement

Could they leave all the females out, they had 2 in last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement