Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

When we were talking to previous LCers and they said its the most stressful year of your life, they really weren't joking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I really need to get down to the easter study! Let's see, LCVP portfolio, french oral, english essay, Hamlet essay, Poetry QUOTES, THEMES, BIo test the next day, maths test, DCG questions, Physics q's....ahhh I'll do it all sunday....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm getting so worried about the orals, I perform so badly in them.

I could learn off all the phrases and go in and completely blank out in the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I haven't touched Irish. I have French and Music next week, and haven't done near enough for Music either.. FML
    Exact same here :rolleyes: and yet here I am on Boards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Snap. An I have French first. Fml.
    Wow at least I have until like Mon/Tues of the following week for french! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

• In the first picture the girl appears stressed
    • In the second picture the boy is asleep, he is tired from studying so hard
    • They are under a lot of pressure because of the exams
    • The boy is dreaming about his future
    • He is unsure about what he wants to do after school
    Not completely sure but French is mon truc so I'll give it a shot :P

• Dans la première image la fille me semble stressé (not sure the word for stressed, i imagine you know it :pac:)
    • Dans la deuxième image le garçon est en dormant, il est fatigué à cause d'étudie.
    • Ils sont très stressés à cause du bac.
    • Le garçon rêve de son avenir.
    • Il n'est pas sûr qu'est qu'il fera après l'école.
    Might be a few mistakes/bad translations but thats the best I can do :P

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Wow at least I have until like Mon/Tues of the following week for french! :P

Haha I'm in ordinary French so I'm not too worried :P I need the extra time for Irish, so glad I don't live in Dublin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

I'm very 2nd person in doing my French oral, the Monday we go back.
    I'm very far from fluent.

Be grand sure.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Studying 2 hours for my French Oral now, have Piano lessons at 5 which I completely forgot about :( Think I should be ok for this Oral, I know more vocab than I think I do! The only problem is the document, I was a bit adventurous and decided to do 'Exam pressure'. Can anyone good at French try and translate a couple of sentences for me?
    • In the first picture the girl appears stressed
    • In the second picture the boy is asleep, he is tired from studying so hard
    • They are under a lot of pressure because of the exams
    • The boy is dreaming about his future
    • He is unsure about what he wants to do after school
    Just a little note, when your talking about a photo to mix it up a bit you can say 'Ma premiere photo, il s'agit de..' It just means it's based on or it is about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Not completely sure but French is mon truc so I'll give it a shot :P

• Dans la première image la fille me semble stressé (not sure the word for stressed, i imagine you know it :pac:)
    • Dans la deuxième image le garçon est en dormant, il est fatigué à cause d'étudie.
    • Ils sont très stressés à cause du bac.
    • Le garçon rêve de son avenir.
    • Il n'est pas sûr qu'est qu'il fera après l'école.
    Might be a few mistakes/bad translations but thats the best I can do :P
    Thanks a million Patchy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Has anybody else not got all the sraith pictiúri done?
    We only did 12 of them so here I am doing the rest out myself with the help of isfeidirleat.ie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My document is on me giving a speech to Dermot Ahern for opening our local primary school.

If the examiner asks me about politics, gonna go "eh no" :p

I wonder if I translated every Taylor Swift song into French and just went in, sat down, and sang it, complete with a 40 person gospel choir behind me, would I get full marks?

:pac:

Manic2 wrote: »
    I wonder if I translated every Taylor Swift song into French and just went in, sat down, and sang it, complete with a 40 person gospel choir behind me, would I get full marks?

:pac:

Go for bohemian raphsody.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Go for bohemian raphsody.

Even better! We'll start a revolution!

ALL OF BOARDS TO SING BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY IN FRENCH/IRISH IN THEIR ORALS!

JE NE SUIS QU'UN GARCON PAUVRE D'UNE FAMILLE PAUVRE </3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Manic2 wrote: »
    Even better! We'll start a revolution!

ALL OF BOARDS TO SING BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY IN FRENCH/IRISH IN THEIR ORALS!
    L.C. Music has destroyed that epic song for me, I feel queasy everytime I hear it :(

Haha with me being so shít at French, I think I'll just do a Wayne's World on it and start rocking out to it B)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Here, 15 minutes, sorted:pac:

Haha there's a house across the road from me, 2 squad cars and the ESB are outside it. Shnakey business was going on in there I say :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Just spent an hour and a half studying for the French oral with my cousin .
    It's so much easier with someone there to help.
    I know exactly how I'll prepare now. I'll write out a paragraph on each topic rather then learn the question that they might ask and certain phrases.
    I've changed my document again my cousin encouraged me to change it to something more interesting than a holiday. It's about London when I lived there. It was supposed to be my document last year but I changed my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

this is me gach deireadh seachtaine :P
    18339799.jpg
    with that i'm off to work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

JUst got several things up to scratch in my portfolio, now all I have to do is look over my summary report and do my work experience diary!

i cant stand irish aurals. they talk like that just so you cant understand them!!
    and wtf, half the testing is on place names....jeez, sorry i cant guess names' spellings, what a great test of fluency there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

i cant stand irish aurals. they talk like that just so you cant understand them!!
    and wtf, half the testing is on place names....jeez, sorry i cant guess names' spellings, what a great test of fluency there. :rolleyes:

So true, I got 19/60 in my mock tape test :D 1) it was too fast 2) the accent they had was far from the accent I'm used to hearing 3) I didn't understand anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I fear my aural will be my downfall in hoping on getting an B1/A2 :(

Exactly my fears :( I got 40/60 in the aural in my mock but an A2 overall, that aural definitely didnt help me :/ hearing it twice just isnt enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I got something like 54/60 in my Irish aural. :P 171/240 in the oral wasn't quite so nice though... :L

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Anyone going to applied maths in Trinity tomorrow? I have to get up so early :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Exactly my fears :( I got 40/60 in the aural in my mock but an A2 overall, that aural definitely didnt help me :/ hearing it twice just isnt enough!

32/60 in mine :( Came out of it thinking I did alright but I really need to do some tapework once once the oral is out of the way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement