Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My lappy broke so I spent 3 weeks in solitary confinement :( Nah just when I came back the thread had progressed so much I was like aaaaah :pac:

Oh dear. Ah it could've been worse, like if you didn't have a laptop to break. :P

So, is it all fixeded now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Togepi wrote: »
    Oh dear. Ah it could've been worse, like if you didn't have a laptop to break. :P

So, is it all fixeded now? :)

Nope, still sitting in my room. Waiting for money to fix it, using my Mom's PC (And missing all my games :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Nawh, it's this intercultural learning thing where you get to go to America for two weeks for free in June :P Everything's paid for by the people who organise it so it should be good! Free holiday basically :D

aw cool you going on your own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

aw cool you going on your own?

Aye, with other Irish peeps and people from all around the world :D actually can't wait, it's going to be class :)

Aye, with other Irish peeps and people from all around the world :D actually can't wait, it's going to be class :)

Aw that sounds really fun to do :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

So how is everybody going to be study for the orals?

Sitting down with my iPod and recording myself speaking French until I inevitably freeze and can't say anymore. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Can you record yourself on an iPod?!
    I've got a properly structured folder for Irish, it's actually the most organised thing I've ever done...
    For French I'm listening to a lot of podcasts, reading Paris Match and French Grazia, talking to myself in the shower...:/

I wish I hadn't lost my french oral book or deleted them off my laptop I could really use the cd to put on my ipod. My cousins helping me tomorrow with French and she studies it so should be a great help :). I'm just going to try and learn off different phrases and my document.

Namlub wrote: »
    Can you record yourself on an iPod?!
    I've got a properly structured folder for Irish, it's actually the most organised thing I've ever done...
    For French I'm listening to a lot of podcasts, reading Paris Match and French Grazia, talking to myself in the shower...:/

You can on iPod Touches anyway. (There's an app for that.) ;)

Oh yeah I've been listening to a tiny bit of French radio and French music too. <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Back from a WWE Show in the O2 just now, and my voice is completely GONE, cannot speak properly at all. Roll on this Irish Oral!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Back from a WWE Show in the O2 just now, and my voice is completely GONE, cannot speak properly at all. Roll on this Irish Oral!

Tabhair dó an cathaoir!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Anyone using StudyHub at all? There is actually two really good lectures up for French Orals, there are some really nice phrases in them. Also opened my eyes to a lot of grammar points I didn't even know existed! :p
    Anyways, my Oral practice for French is just consisting of writing out answers and talking to myself continuously! My little sister thinks I'm crazy :pac:
    Have yet to do anything for the Irish Oral but got an A2 in the mock without doing anything so hopefully will be grand :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'd love to use studyhub and I'm with eircom but I cant figure out how to get into it -_- sounds like im missing out :( what kind of grammar? :P

Is there a website or any good videos to watch for the french oral?
    Or is there a site with a list of questions to practice for the oral for what they might ask?

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I'd love to use studyhub and I'm with eircom but I cant figure out how to get into it -_- sounds like im missing out :( what kind of grammar? :P
    You should, it's pretty good! oh you are.. BIG TIME :p Can't really remember now which is probably not a good sign but I made some notes anyways so it'll be grand :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Some lad I know just told me to go die. How gentlemanly.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Some lad I know just told me to go die. How gentlemanly.
    Harsh... :/

Harsh... :/

Eh yeah that's what I thought too? He's a little boll*cks though, we're all convinced he's gay.

Eh yeah that's what I thought too? He's a little boll*cks though, we're all convinced he's gay.
    Hmm sounds suspiciously like a lad in my year.. Little pr*ck! :pac: Everywhere has at least one I reckon! Best thing is to probably just ignore him...

Or alternatively you could hurl a load of abuse in his general direction :p
    You'd probably get more satisfaction from the second option tbh :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

So ceasefire in French is cessez-le-feu...I shall find a way to drop this into the oral :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Namlub wrote: »
    So ceasefire in French is cessez-le-feu...I shall find a way to drop this into the oral :cool:

Heard that a guy in French class in my school mentioned surrendering or a white flag or something and it didnt go down well with the teacher at all. He went mad when usually he is the soundest teacher in school and always up for a bit of banter. He was saying its a lot of lies, that its made up by the television or something, anyway he cracked up for mentioning surrendering in a French class :L

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You say that like it's a bad thing?
    Off-topic or not, we're not going to go down the line of homophobia here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Studying 2 hours for my French Oral now, have Piano lessons at 5 which I completely forgot about :( Think I should be ok for this Oral, I know more vocab than I think I do! The only problem is the document, I was a bit adventurous and decided to do 'Exam pressure'. Can anyone good at French try and translate a couple of sentences for me?
    • In the first picture the girl appears stressed
    • In the second picture the boy is asleep, he is tired from studying so hard
    • They are under a lot of pressure because of the exams
    • The boy is dreaming about his future
    • He is unsure about what he wants to do after school

spurious wrote: »
    You say that like it's a bad thing?
    Off-topic or not, we're not going to go down the line of homophobia here.

Didn't mean for it to sound homophobic, really am sorry about that! He's the type of person who'd give out about and slag people who would be gay, when everyone even his parents think he is. Sorry if I said it angrily last night, just he's said other stuff to me and it got to me and I probably got a bit flustered.

Having a think here, I think I'll give up boards until the 21st of June. I really need to study :/ won't be on here during the exams anyways, the post mortems of the exams are going to kill me.

Edit: anyone have a look at the worrying thread? I couldn't look past the first page, it made me think of stuff didn't think to worry about :L christ this lc is getting serious. Getting sick of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I've spent so long studying my irish oral but nothing atal on french :(

ConTheCat wrote: »
    I've spent so long studying my irish oral but nothing atal on french :(

Snap. An I have French first. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Ahh its so fecking annoying!! I started working down at my local amusement park and now like the last week of holidays I had to work everyday for at least 4 hours....Have to do it to make sure I have a job for the summer but for feck sake the leaving cert is getting closer and I am stressing out! Need time to study.....!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I haven't touched Irish. I have French and Music next week, and haven't done near enough for Music either.. FML

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement