Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly Z movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thanks, I'll stick your name at the bottom of the list later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    I watched this recently, one thing struck me, if there were enough trees to tie tripwires to the first time why didn't they just climb up them to sleep, that way the blackfella wouldn't have got bitten

I don't know why they didn't sleep in turns. It was stupid of them both to sleep at the same time - the tripwires didn't really work either.

Good movie though. I, too, liked that the zombies were slow, Romero-like zombies. And I really liked the setting - it was a great change from what we always see, the city packed full of people and therefore a lot more zombies.

I'd give it an 8.5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Where's the movie?

It neither of the two before me are ready, I can stick up a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Sorry i've been a bit busy with other stuff, i'm having a hard time deciding on a film,there's two I'd like to recommend but I'll stick toto my original one

Fido

I'll shove in an imdb link once i'm at a real computer

Sorry i've been a bit busy with other stuff, i'm having a hard time deciding on a film,there's two I'd like to recommend but I'll stick toto my original one

Fido

I'll shove in an imdb link once i'm at a real computer

Looking forward to watching this one, as it's something I haven't seen before (actually, I saw the end quite awhile ago; walked into a room and someone was just finishing it).

• Advertisement

Ahhhh Yes i LOVE Fido but havent watched it in ages!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

So? Anyone watch this yet, I thought it was a rather interesting take on the post Z world, where the living congregate in gated communities surrounded by a sea of the undead, I also loved the collar idea.

So who's getting a burial and who's going Z?

So? Anyone watch this yet, I thought it was a rather interesting take on the post Z world, where the living congregate in gated communities surrounded by a sea of the undead, I also loved the collar idea.

So who's getting a burial and who's going Z?

I finally sat down to watch it today and the DVD was busted. Won't get it back, fixed, until tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

didn't get to watch last week's movie at all :/

And probably wont get to watch Fido, BUT.. i have seen it before, and i enjoyed it.

I think if you sit down to watch it, keep in mind that it's main characters are Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity from the matrix) and Billy Connolly. Makes for some bizarre watching, but it's very well done and quite funny.

I'd give it a proper review if I'd seen it recently, but i haven't so i wont lie or let my faulty memory tell you different. But from what i remember of it, it's worth watching and would rate it at around 6.5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Loved fido :D Had to watch it again to refresh my memory as I haven't seen it since it came out. Really light-hearted zombie film (if there is such a thing). Had a strange feel to it, maybe its just because its the 50's.Didn't actually recognise Billy Connelly at first. As far as zombie films go I would give it a 7.

• Advertisement

I havent had a chance to watch Fido yet although it really is one of my faves!!! How is it since I started this the weeks have flown by lightning fast!! Ill be watching Fido over the weekend promise :D

This week is Kash's turn

Also an updated list

1. Ladypip : Original Night of the living dead.
    2. Degrassinoel. : 28 days Later
    3. Tallon. : La Horde
    4. ChaseThisLight. : Retreat
    5. Asot : Resident evil
    6. Leeg.17: The Dead
    7. Tzar chasm.: Fido
    8. Kash. Shaun of the dead
    9. Mickeydolenz:
    10.Hootananny:
    11. SteveLFC24:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Apologies peeps - I completely forgot it was Friday!!

So, I'm going to stick with the funny, and choose Shaun Of The Dead

enjoy :)

I watched last weeks movie and this weeks movie.

I enjoyed Fido. It was my first time watching it, and it was cool to see a zombie movie done in that way - the majority of zombie movies done in the way of a comedy tend to be crap. I was slightly jealous that those kids got to have gun/target practice as part of school. :p I'd give it a 6/10.

And Shaun of the Dead...I've seen it hundreds of times. It never gets boring and it's still funny. I give it a 10/10 because as stated above, very rarely does a zombie comedy pan out.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

My movie is one I picked up on DVD. Never heard of it before but really enjoyed it. Quite the gem.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1583356/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

My movie is one I picked up on DVD. Never heard of it before but really enjoyed it. Quite the gem.

This is on netflix for anyone that has that (well the american version anyway)

Love it,lass film.

8/10 for me,only let down by the fact its in german & by the ending which i didnt like to much.

Have Rammbock on my hard drive, I liked it :) Its very well done for a low budget film. It had a real claustrophobic feel to it...zombies running all over the place while people are holed up in their small apartments. Definitely worth checking out. My main gripe is that its only an hour long :( I'd give it a 6.5, mainly because I wish it was longer.

As for Shaun of the Dead, well what more can you say other than its pure genius. Has the perfect balance between comedy and horror. Its genuinely funny, but that doesn't distract from what's happening and it manages to throw in some blood and gore. As much as I love Zombieland, I just like this more. The cast are great too. I'd have no problem giving it a 9 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Is it my turn now.

Hootananny its your turn on Friday.

Haven't watched this yet, as I haven't been able to find it to watch. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sorry guys, haven't been keeping up with this at all :( Work is busy

Gonna watch that one tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm not sure about this, it was terrible terrible acting, not the good kind either.. and the guys is an absolute retard... It was very bland :( imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Ok my turn.
    It has to be my Favorite movie of all time.

http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/gallery/bestzombiemovies?pg=26
    Romero took the reins of the genre he created with "Night of the Living Dead" and followed it up with "Dawn of the Dead" — the greatest zombie flick of all time. The film's immediate focus is the action inside a suburban mall, where a band of survivors try to keep swarms of undead at bay. However, it's the setup to the zombie apocalypse at the beginning of the film - where the world tried to make sense of it all - that really makes it resonate. The world is forced to cope with the inevitability of a slow, plodding, violent end. And yet there is still hope. Kind of.

Close second was Dance of the Dead.:D

Interesting list there, some of those I've never seen either, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Would 28 day's and 28 weeks count as a Z film?

Would 28 day's and 28 weeks count as a Z film?

Yep, if you read through the topic in it's entirety you'll see that one of those has already been chosen.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Ok my turn.
    It has to be my Favorite movie of all time.

http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/gallery/bestzombiemovies?pg=26
    Romero took the reins of the genre he created with "Night of the Living Dead" and followed it up with "Dawn of the Dead" — the greatest zombie flick of all time. The film's immediate focus is the action inside a suburban mall, where a band of survivors try to keep swarms of undead at bay. However, it's the setup to the zombie apocalypse at the beginning of the film - where the world tried to make sense of it all - that really makes it resonate. The world is forced to cope with the inevitability of a slow, plodding, violent end. And yet there is still hope. Kind of.

Close second was Dance of the Dead.:D

Watched this the other day and I'm slightly disappointed it wasn't as scary as I remember it being when I first watched it as a kid. I mean, I know Romero wanted this one to be funnier, but I laughed far too much.

The zombies were blue (which Tom Savini, who did the effects, said was a mistake), and they didn't look scary at all. They looked baffled. My fave zombie was the one bouncing about at the bottom of the escalator, arms stuck out stiffly from his sides, a surprised look on his face. And I'm surprised they ever killed anyone - there were so many times one of the main characters tussled with a zombie and came away unscathed; not to mention the times one of them would be surrounded by zombies and they'd manage to get away without the group falling on them and tearing them apart. I prefer the shamblers to the runners when it comes to zombies, but if zombies are really like that, then we've no problem at all; only stupid people (like the biker gang) and the injured will die.

Story-wise, I liked the opening, getting to see it all fall apart from a news standpoint. I despised the character of Stephen the moment he picked up a gun and tried to use it - the look on his face when Roger or Peter stopped him from shooting was hilarious.

By the way, Peter was the televangelist they watch on TV in the remake, making a reference to his role as Peter with his quote of "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

I'd give it a 7/10. It is a classic, and for it's time it was scary.

Watched it a few weeks back myself, and yeah, keenan and kel's Da was indeed the same tv evangelist from the zack snyder remake. Both himself and Tom Savini got cameo roles in the remake, TS was the sheriff on tv talking about "twitchers" and to "shoot 'em in the head".

for all it's failings I still love it, I've watched it countless times and it never fails to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Does anyone know when series 2 of the Walking Dead is due on TV?
    Also Im trying to find out the title of an old Zombie Movie where the Zombies are in a Supermarket. Probably made either in the 70's or early 80's. It still freaks me out that one.

Watched it a few weeks back myself, and yeah, keenan and kel's Da was indeed the same tv evangelist from the zack snyder remake. Both himself and Tom Savini got cameo roles in the remake, TS was the sheriff on tv talking about "twitchers" and to "shoot 'em in the head".

for all it's failings I still love it, I've watched it countless times and it never fails to deliver.

Savini also returned in Land of the Dead as a zombie, and a voice over the radio in Diary of the Dead.

I enjoyed watching it again, because you're right, for all it's failings it still delivers. Though, my daughter might think differently...she had a running commentary of everything - from the acting, to the background music, to the ketchup looking blood - and at one point she got up to do something and I started to pause it and she goes, "Oh, no, you don't need to pause it. Really." Teenagers. :p

• Advertisement

Dawn of the dead is one of my favourites. As much as I like the remake I would have to say that I prefer the original. I think its more of a sentimental thing, having first seen it when I was about 10. It was one of the first horror films I watched (along with IT), and I guess experiences like that just stay with you.

I watched it there again a couple of days ago and it didn't disappoint. I've actually come to appreciate the little elements of black comedy in it. I agree with ChaseThisLight that the zombies could have been better/more scary. Although I guess when you think about it, we should have more physical strength that something that is dead. The blue make-up is a bit stupid, not sure what they were thinking with that one.

All in all on a zombie movie scale of 1-10 I'd probably give it an 8.5 :)

Advertisement