Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Lee v Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr in El Paso, June 16

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    BTW, if Chavez is on PEDs, he must be real average without them. Because I saw nothing great from him vs. Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Lee stoppage win
    walshb wrote: »
    BTW, if Chavez is on PEDs, he must be real average without them. Because I saw nothing great from him vs. Lee.

Agreed. I can't see Martinez losing to him, and the tricks he pulled v. Lee won't work when he other guy is the bigger draw.

It's been a bad month for pro boxing on alot of fronts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Chavez points win
    Syferus wrote: »

It's been a bad month for pro boxing on alot of fronts.

we should start a petition to bring back the mighty Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

Lee stoppage win
    Martinez is in no way, shape or form a bigger draw than Chavez.

Also Martinez is a lot physically smaller than Lee. Not to say he can't handle the size, but it's a point of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    duagre wrote: »
    Also Martinez is a lot physically smaller than Lee. Not to say he can't handle the size, but it's a point of concern.

But his difference in class, skills and versatility are a world apart compared to Lee. I think that should more than compensate for his smaller frame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Lee stoppage win
    duagre wrote: »
    Martinez is in no way, shape or form a bigger draw than Chavez.

Very arguable and are you trying to say Chavez could even attempt to get away with a quarter of what he did v Lee against Martinez?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭duagre

Lee stoppage win
    Syferus wrote: »
    Very arguable and are you trying to say Chavez could even attempt to get away with a quarter of what he did v Lee against Martinez?

What is arguable???? Neither of the points I just made are.

1 Chavez is a better draw without doubt. There's no if and buts about it, he does much bigger gates and better TV ratings. So unless you have come up with some other measure of drawing power, which I'm all ears if you have, it's not a matter open to debate.

2 Martinez still himself says he can easily make junior middleweight and even below that. Lee could almost certainly not with his frame.

And I said what I said. Nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement