Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

SChique00 wrote: »
    The midget nerds shall unite and overthrow! :D
    Damn Right B***hes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I miss Mila Kunis.

Midgets?

Ok I reaaaaally gtg study :P
    Be gone with you!

...but dont forget to come back later :o :P

I miss Mila Kunis.

Midgets?

Ok I reaaaaally gtg study :P
    Good Luck! :D

I'm trying to learn Russian but I probs won't really focus on it until summer :p it's pretty cool though - I LOVE Russia :D
    I mean language as in a programming language :')

Id love to learn chinese/japanese though XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Indiego wrote: »
    Be gone with you!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm trying to learn Russian but I probs won't really focus on it until summer :p it's pretty cool though - I LOVE Russia :D
    Ive a book on Russian Beginners.. :L I don't have a clue where it came from! Was thinking of doing a bit of Spanish but never got around to it.. :L

The midget nerds shall unite and overthrow! :D
    ****YEAH :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Be gone with you!

Ok ok :pac:

Don't miss me too much :P ;)

If I had the patience Id learn a language, but realistically Ill never stick to it :L
    Made these :Dhttp://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Indiego/2413201 http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Indiego/2379696 with the first years :L
    The look really good! :D I couldnt play the swivel game :L Pacman looks good. :D

Ok ok :pac:

Don't miss me too much :P ;)
    Haha I'll try :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Damn Right B***hes! :D

WOOP Leia we've got a new recruit! :D

Lol programming language - I have absolutely no aptitude for computer-y shizz whatsoever but I am fluent in the artful language of bullsh!tting - it is a gift which has served me well ;)

Lol programming language - I have absolutely no aptitude for computer-y shizz whatsoever but I am fluent in the artful language of bullsh!tting - it is a gift which has served me well ;)
    Proud to Report Captain!! :D

WOoooooooo :D

I like computery shiz, but Im too lazy to learn anything worth while :L The only credentials I have to my name is 100% in all my ECDL exams :rolleyes:

1000 posts! :)

Wohoo! :rolleyes:

How do you actually do your ECDL? I was always wondering but never bothered :L

I AM THE CAPTAIN :D

I was supposed to be prepping dinner for tomorrow but cba now - I'll do it at half ten if I'm not too tired :L

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I like computery shiz, but Im too lazy to learn anything worth while :L The only credentials I have to my name is 100% in all my ECDL exams :rolleyes:

I could only do number 1 and 2 without study. After I finished both of those within 40 minutes in the first class, my teacher thought that I was some sort of programmer. After that class I just paid a nerdy kid to do the rest of them.

I do it in computers class :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

WOoooooooo :D

I am pretty good in photoshop and sony vegas pro.. I love computery ''shizz''. After all, computers are the future.

I AM THE CAPTAIN :D

I was supposed to be prepping dinner for tomorrow but cba now - I'll do it at half ten if I'm not too tired :L
    Era thats what I have my mam for.. :L

• Advertisement

I could only do number 1 and 2 without study. After I finished both of those within 40 minutes in the first class, my teacher thought that I was some sort of programmer. After that class I just paid a nerdy kid to do the rest of them.
    Sure..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Damn JCers...you don't know how easy you have it. Wait till the LC, then you'll lose all desire to live. It's all ahead of you. Don't even think about trying to avoid it, it will capture you and envelope you in its tormenting grip, until all you can think of is the points system. When someone asks you what you want to eat, your first reply will be '500 points please'. Your dreams will be full of panic and despair at your imminent failure, and then there will come a point when you will concede and admit defeat to that big, hairy, all-empowering beast. Bow down and accept it now, minions. Accept it now...

I'm having a bad day study-wise and you people are the only people that actually have to listen to me. Have a nice day now, remember there is always hope. :) Unless it comes to the Leaving Cert, then there is never hope.

It's actually p!ss easy, just the effort of going through all the lessons because they're really long - we have three classes per week in it and every is meant to finish the last module by April (I finished in January SCUPP) :D

It's just learning how to use Microsoft Office applications and learning about the world of IT in general - there's 7 modules and you do a diagnostic (mock) test in each one, and then the real test - you need 75% to pass. But in all honesty, you have to be either really silly or really lazy not to do well in it; I hate computers with a passion but I got over 91% in every test thanks to a bit of common sense ;)

Slow Show wrote: »
    Damn JCers...you don't know how easy you have it. Wait till the LC, then you'll lose all desire to live. It's all ahead of you. Don't even think about trying to avoid it, it will capture you and envelope you in its tormenting grip, until all you can think of is the points system. When someone asks you what you want to eat, your first reply will be '500 points please'. Your dreams will be full of panic and despair at your imminent failure, and then there will come a point when you will concede and admit defeat to that big, hairy, all-empowering beast. Bow down and accept it now, minions. Accept it now...

I'm having a bad day study-wise and you people are the only people that actually have to listen to me. Have a nice day now, remember there is always hope. :) Unless it comes to the Leaving Cert, then there is never hope.
    Thanks for that... :L Really cheered us up :rolleyes: OJ... :P

Chin up woman, things aren't THAT bad; besides you haven't even opened your first paper - how'd your orals go?
    Where there is despair, there is ALWAYS hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

It's actually p!ss easy, just the effort of going through all the lessons because they're really long - we have three classes per week in it and every is meant to finish the last module by April (I finished in January SCUPP) :D

It's just learning how to use Microsoft Office applications and learning about the world of IT in general - there's 7 modules and you do a diagnostic (mock) test in each one, and then the real test - you need 75% to pass. But in all honesty, you have to be either really silly or really lazy not to do well in it; I hate computers with a passion but I got over 91% in every test thanks to a bit of common sense ;)

In your first test you will be hit with a barrage of difficult questions like "minimise the window?"

Must you do it through school? Or can you do it yourself? :) Might be something to throw down on the oul' achievements :L

I must be odd so, I'm looking forward to the LC, just because I miss learning.. cos TY has fecked me up so much..
    Roll on 5th year tbh...

(someone remind me I said this this time next year XD)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Chin up woman, things aren't THAT bad; besides you haven't even opened your first paper - how'd your orals go?
    Where there is despair, there is ALWAYS hope :D

I'm in 5th year lolzzzzzzz. S'actually hard, there is nothing at the end of it to provoke serious study, yet if you don't put in the work you'll be screwed next year. My post was slightly hyperbolic, it's not the worst (seventeen times better than 1st-3rd year) and scaring JCers is one of my many past-times, among cooking them over a spit and the like.

Venting is fun at any rate. :) Let tomorrow be a better day for us all!

• Advertisement

Era thats what I have my mam for.. :L

True but I'm supposed to be on cooking duties this week :/ bang goes that plan :p

Leia, 100%? Woweee .... I'm pretty sure noone in our year did that well :D

I've gotten between 91% and 100% in all of them afair :)

Advertisement