Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'm in 5th year lolzzzzzzz. S'actually hard, there is nothing at the end of it to provoke serious study, yet if you don't put in the work you'll be screwed next year. My post was slightly hyperbolic, it's not the worst (seventeen times better than 1st-3rd year) and scaring JCers is one of my many past-times, among cooking them over a spit and the like.

Venting is fun at any rate. :) Let tomorrow be a better day for us all!
    Here's Hoping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Damn JCers...you don't know how easy you have it. Wait till the LC, then you'll lose all desire to live. It's all ahead of you. Don't even think about trying to avoid it, it will capture you and envelope you in its tormenting grip, until all you can think of is the points system. When someone asks you what you want to eat, your first reply will be '500 points please'. Your dreams will be full of panic and despair at your imminent failure, and then there will come a point when you will concede and admit defeat to that big, hairy, all-empowering beast. Bow down and accept it now, minions. Accept it now...

I'm having a bad day study-wise and you people are the only people that actually have to listen to me. Have a nice day now, remember there is always hope. :) Unless it comes to the Leaving Cert, then there is never hope.

We're behind you the whole way !

I'm excited for next year(I think everyone is).

Only thing is I don't want to over do it next year.Like should I do afterschool study or not ?
    Or should I even study at all ?

Really think I should have done TY :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I'm in 5th year lolzzzzzzz. S'actually hard, there is nothing at the end of it to provoke serious study, yet if you don't put in the work you'll be screwed next year. My post was slightly hyperbolic, it's not the worst (seventeen times better than 1st-3rd year) and scaring JCers is one of my many past-times, among cooking them over a spit and the like.

Venting is fun at any rate. :) Let tomorrow be a better day for us all!

Hyperbolic? You made it sound like you're starting the LC tomorrow! :p
    Don't laugh, but I actually can't wait for 5th year - I'm the sort of nerdy person that thrives on hard work and things like TY completely go against my personality because I get lazy when there's nothing to work towards. HATE TY SO MUCH :pac:

Hehe I love going up to the little JCers, hunched over their books in the study hall at lunchtime, and scare the bejaysus out of them with (mostly fabricated) nightmarish tales of all-night cramming sessions, falling asleep in the exam hall and blanking everything just before the exam begins ;)

paddyzk wrote: »

Only thing is I don't want to over do it next year.Like should I do afterschool study or not ?

When's your birthday, if you don't mind me asking? I only did TY because it's compulsory in our school - I would've gladly moved and skipped to 5th year with my friends but I worked out that without TY I'd be 16 doing the LC, and that seems very young.
    So work out what age you'll be come LC 2014, and then decide ;)

• Advertisement

SChique00 wrote: »
    Hyperbolic? You made it sound like you're starting the LC tomorrow! :p
    Don't laugh, but I actually can't wait for 5th year - I'm the sort of nerdy person that thrives on hard work and things like TY completely go against my personality because I get lazy when there's nothing to work towards. HATE TY SO MUCH :pac:

Hehe I love going up to the little JCers, hunched over their books in the study hall at lunchtime, and scare the bejaysus out of them with (mostly fabricated) nightmarish tales of all-night cramming sessions, falling asleep in the exam hall and blanking everything just before the exam begins ;)
    Your a Pure B***h you! :L I can't wait for 4th Year!! I get to do a three year Leaving Cert/ Transition Year. We get to study our subjects whilst competing in Mini-Company, Work Experience, YSI, etc. XD Its Win Win! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

When's your birthday, if you don't mind me asking? I only did TY because it's compulsory in our school - I would've gladly moved and skipped to 5th year with my friends but I worked out that without TY I'd be 16 doing the LC, and that seems very young.

I was the same.. were younguns :P

I only did it because it's compulsory in my school - I would've moved schools and skipped to 5th year with my friends, but I worked out that had I skipped TY I'd only be 16 doing the LC - too young imo...
    So don't feel bad, you're not missing out on anything great unless your parents have contacts in some really cool places for work experience ;)

Ill be 18 at the end of 5th Year.. I dont think its a brilliant idea, me being leaglly able to drink in 6th Year :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

You really shouldn't decide on age, I'm sipping TY as I don't want to do it even though I'll be 17 up until November of my first year in college.

• Advertisement

You really shouldn't decide on age, I'm sipping TY as I don't want to do it even though I'll be 17 up until November of my first year in college.
    I have to agree.. Pick it for the curriculum not your age :L

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ohsurelook

I ABSOLUTELY CAN'T WAIT FOR TY.

Everyone'll love me cos I'm hilarious and witty and brilliant

ohsurelook wrote: »

Someones Cocky ;)

Someones Cocky

BUH EHS TROOO

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Bazinga_N wrote: »

Someones Cocky ;)

He's just speaking the truth

OI HUN WHERE DO U KEEP DISAPPEARING TO X

Your a Pure B***h you! :L I can't wait for 4th Year!! I get to do a three year Leaving Cert/ Transition Year. We get to study our subjects whilst competing in Mini-Company, Work Experience, YSI, etc. XD Its Win Win! :D

It was sh!tty for me, but some people come away from it with a load of new skills and more maturity :L the trips were good and so were the Peer Ed classes, but actual class time is just ridiculous - you don't do anything except watch DVDs xD

It was sh!tty for me, but some people come away from it with a load of new skills and more maturity :L the trips were good and so were the Peer Ed classes, but actual class time is just ridiculous - you don't do anything except watch DVDs xD

agreed.. watched 3 movies today, the commitments, 12 angry men and step brothers.. fun fun fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Depends what you want really. I've been studying away, or trying to, since Christmas anyway but I need as many points as I can get. I'd recommend working, like don't just spend your evenings doing nothing, but there probably isn't a need to study for hours every night - homework and studying for tests should be fine! :)

And yeah don't feel the need to do TY just because you won't be 18 for college. It'll be a pain but tbh I think an extra year of school that you probably won't enjoy would be much worse. :p

Someones Cocky ;)
    Says the lad who guaranteed he'd be able to get into Oxford.

• Advertisement

Well we were told we'd be doing all sorts of cool and exciting stuff - turned out to be a load of bull, so yeah, in hindsight I wouldn't mind skipping - I just think doing the most important exam of your life at 16 is hella lotta pressure, imho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Not great for me either with regards school. Outside of school, I took up guitar, greatly increased my popularity, started Jiu Jitsu and had loads of time to try and get my body to perfection .

Says the lad who guaranteed he'd be able to get into Oxford.
    I never said Im sure Ill get into Oxford. I said its the dream :)

OI HUN WHERE DO U KEEP DISAPPEARING TO X

HUN IM SO SOZ,BUT LYK IM TRYIN TEW STUDII FER DE CSPE EXAM COS ITS GONNA BE ROCK AHRD

Thats probably the best thing for my TY... I get to do my LC subjects during class! :D

Not great for me either with regards school. Outside of school, I took up guitar, greatly increased my popularity, started Jiu Jitsu and had loads of time to try and get my body to perfection .

Please don't start that ****e again.

kind regards
    Everyone

Random post but whatever
    I learned the most awesomest thing today..
    You know the song 'La cucharacha'? I learned the words/translation of it today and its so funny..

'La cucharacha, la cucharacha, ya no puedes caminar, porque no tienes, porque no falta, la patitas de atras..'

'the cockroach, the cockroache, he cannot walk, because he doesn't have, because he doesn't have, any back legs..'
    doesn't have quite the ring to it in english...

I'm bored k...

Indiego wrote: »
    Random post but whatever
    You know the song 'La cucharacha'? I learned the words/translation of it today and its so funny..

'La cucharacha, la cucharacha, ya no puedes caminar, porque no tienes, porque no falta, la patitas de atras..'

'the cockroach, the cockroache, he cannot walk, because he doesn't have, because he doesn't have, any back legs..'

I'm bored k...
    Ive never heard of that song before in my life :o

Random post but whatever

I'm bored k...
    Haha .. wtf?

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack.

• Advertisement

agreed.. watched 3 movies today, the commitments, 12 angry men and step brothers.. fun fun fun..

We watched Au Revoir Les Enfants in French - disturbing film...

"All you wanna do is ride around Sally - ROIDE SALLEE ROIDE..." :D Have ye seen The Snapper? :P

Advertisement