Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Chubby kid to having a six pack in 12 weeks.
    Fair Play Lad.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Cool.. how did you do that?

I'm not chubby but I could stand to lose a bit of weight, on the building muscle part of things I think I'm going pretty well, I'm already starting to see some small results. :) And I don't really need to do it too fast either like ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

David you'll only work out so you can get the shift

I'm not chubby but I could stand to lose a bit of weight, on the building muscle part of things I think I'm going pretty well, I'm already starting to see some small results. :)
    I Hate When People Complain About Their Weight.. A Friend Of Mine Is Super Skinny But Is Always Worried About Gaining Weight.. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I Hate When People Complain About Their Weight.. A Friend Of Mine Is Super Skinny But Is Always Worried About Gaining Weight.. :/
    Im like uber skinny and I haaaatteeee it -_- Im like physically unable to gain weight -_- (I sound so stupid moaning about that, but I hate having the smallest clothes sizes hanging off me and people calling me anorexic and stuff :/)

• Advertisement

Indiego wrote: »
    Im like uber skinny and I haaaatteeee it -_- Im like physically unable to gain weight -_- (I sound so stupid moaning about that, but I hate having the smallest clothes sizes hanging off me and people calling me anorexic and stuff :/)
    Im The Same.. :/ But I Dont Let It Bother Me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I never said I wasn't into sports. I play soccer, golf, tennis and football :P Any advice for a 15 y/o who's trying to lose weight/build muscle? I think I'm going well but any advice wouldn't go astray :P

Yeah .. but I don't want to live in Ireland.. well maybe .. we'll see :P

Lose weight and build muscle simultaeneously - a lot of people say it's not achievable but it's actually a pretty obvious cycle - when you're working on building muscle the amount of calories you burn is staggering, and if you've created a calorie deficit on top of this then the weight will drop off you!

You seem to be getting a great amount of cardio, but none of the sports you play incorporate resistance training. My advice for bulking up? Free weights - start off small with about 10-15 reps, maybe 5lb if you're reasonably athletic, and gradually build both the weights and the reps up ;)

Diet wise - plenty of protein, particularly from fish, lean meats and eggs, and keep your refined sugars (cakes, white bread, etc.) and complex carbs to a minimum. Wholegrain pasta and rice, and certain types of bread are fine. Don't bother with protein shakes - they're a gimmick unless you're really need to bulk up for bodybuilding/wrestling - in most sports too much bulk, be it from fat or muscle, is a disadvantage, so just eat healthy and incorporate a little bit of resistance training and you'll tone up and see some definition in your limbs and arms. ;)

paddyzk wrote: »

And the problem with that... ?

.. And hey I can get the shift as is..why else do you think my friends call me manwhore mac? :P

And the problem with that... ?

.. And hey I can get the shift as is..why else do you think my friends call me manwhore mac? :P
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

I'm not chubby but I could stand to lose a bit of weight, on the building muscle part of things I think I'm going pretty well, I'm already starting to see some small results. :) And I don't really need to do it too fast either like ..

It involved going to te gym twice a day seven days a week(cardio first thing. In the morning) Two days weight lifting then one active rest day. As anyone interested in bodybuilding will tell you building muscle starts in the kitchen. Every meal I take consists of protein, complex carbs and veg.
    All junk and diet pop has been cut out. I took 6 meals a day to avoid cravings for junk. Also, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are important plus taking in a proper amount of protein. I take 190 g of protein a day

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help.

• Advertisement

That Sound Pretty Wicked.. :) Ive No Interest Whatsoever in Sports Though.. :L

Lol same I mean I like the science behind it and conditioning your body and stuff, but when it comes to following sports, I only follow rugby and I only do boxing :3 I like the gym though! :)

paddyzk wrote: »

Isn't that why we all do it.?

Isn't that why we all do it.?
    ;) So True.. :)

SChique00 wrote: »
    Lose weight and build muscle simultaeneously - a lot of people say it's not achievable but it's actually a pretty obvious cycle - when you're working on building muscle the amount of calories you burn is staggering, and if you've created a calorie deficit on top of this then the weight will drop off you!

You seem to be getting a great amount of cardio, but none of the sports you play incorporate resistance training. My advice for bulking up? Free weights - start off small with about 10-15 reps, maybe 5lb if you're reasonably athletic, and gradually build both the weights and the reps up ;)

Diet wise - plenty of protein, particularly from fish, lean meats and eggs, and keep your refined sugars (cakes, white bread, etc.) and complex carbs to a minimum. Wholegrain pasta and rice, and certain types of bread are fine. Don't bother with protein shakes - they're a gimmick unless you're really need to bulk up for bodybuilding/wrestling - in most sports too much bulk, be it from fat or muscle, is a disadvantage, so just eat healthy and incorporate a little bit of resistance training and you'll tone up and see some definition in your limbs and arms. ;)

I am lifting weights at home. started off small a while ago and I've got them pretty heavy now :)

.. As for the fish and protein. I try get as much protein as I can.. I eat a lot of eggs aswell but I'm a really fussy eater, I don't eat fish, pork, beef, steak etc..
    My arms are already pretty big trying to work more on my abs at the moment.. hopefully keep going the way I am ..next couple months I should be good :)

Haha I'm the same, all my friends are pure rakes but they're always complaining - and I'm just sat there gobsmacked (small and dumpy FTW!)

Haha I'm the same, all my friends are pure rakes but they're always complaining - and I'm just sat there gobsmacked (small and dumpy FTW!)
    A Cushion For The Pushin.. ;)

;) So True.. :)

Amen ;) - and that's coming from a girl XD

Amen ;) - and that's coming from a girl XD
    Only reason girls wear make up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Not really tbh, for a lot of people its more so because they arent comfortable with how they look XD

I am lifting weights at home. started off small a while ago and I've got them pretty heavy now :)

.. As for the fish and protein. I try get as much protein as I can.. I eat a lot of eggs aswell but I'm a really fussy eater, I don't eat fish, pork, beef, steak etc..
    My arms are already pretty big trying to work more on my abs at the moment.. hopefully keep going the way I am ..next couple months I should be good :)

Good man! Just don't overdo it because the aul' weights can stunt your growth (the amount of slagging I get for being able to lift the weights - "so that's why you're so short!" - n00bs) :mad:

The abs, you say? The only way to define your abs is to reduce your body fat % - you seem to be on the right track in terms of cardio excersise, just focus on your diet a bit more :)
    Ooh.... well you need to get more protein in there if you're looking to add muscle mass, it's the only way - plenty of eggs and pulses (kidney beans, chickpeas etc.). What about chicken? Lean grilled chicken breast is soo low in fat and packed full of protein ;)

• Advertisement

Good man! Just don't overdo it because the aul' weights can stunt your growth (the amount of slagging I get for being able to lift the weights - "so that's why you're so short!" - n00bs) :mad:

The abs, you say? The only way to define your abs is to reduce your body fat % - you seem to be on the right track in terms of cardio excersise, just focus on your diet a bit more :)
    Ooh.... well you need to get more protein in there if you're looking to add muscle mass, it's the only way - plenty of eggs and pulses (kidney beans, chickpeas etc.). What about chicken? Lean grilled chicken breast is soo low in fat and packed full of protein ;)

Yeah I'm eating plenty of chicken and eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Eat less move more get the shift

Simple

It involved going to te gym twice a day seven days a week(cardio first thing. In the morning) Two days weight lifting then one active rest day. As anyone interested in bodybuilding will tell you building muscle starts in the kitchen. Every meal I take consists of protein, complex carbs and veg.
    All junk and diet pop has been cut out. I took 6 meals a day to avoid cravings for junk. Also, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats are important plus taking in a proper amount of protein. I take 190 g of protein a day

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to help.

Good man - agree totally with your nutrition plan, but is the exercise plan sustainable long term? Like have you kept it up? :)

Id love to get a six pack ;) I just wouldn't have a clue where to start.. ;) :L

Yeah I'm eating plenty of chicken and eggs.

And this is the point when I direct you to my own thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78356317#post78356317 the Youtube link there is fantastic, I'm actually in the process of making a meal plan for the family for next week, and going shopping in the morning - I'm so mature :D

You had me until you started talking about whey, it is very important for athletes or bodybuilders. It increases the level of glutathione in your body .This is very important for someone like David because regular cardio reduces the levels of glutathione in your body. Now with regards muscle building, whey protein is soluble and goes straight to your muscles to provide them with essential that they need to grow

When I do weights I do 2 sets of 12 then 1 set to failure. Some people say that it's not good to go to failure but Arnie went to failure .

Indiego wrote: »
    Not really tbh, for a lot of people its more so because they arent comfortable with how they look XD

Make up is a Construct of the patriarchy
    And I still view it as such.

Id love to get a six pack ;) I just wouldn't have a clue where to start.. ;) :L

You just need to eat right and do some exercise - but maybe I'm over-simplifying it :P I was aiming for one myself, but I don't think I could get my body fat down that low :L

You just need to eat right and do some exercise - but maybe I'm over-simplifying it :P I was aiming for one myself, but I don't think I could get my body fat down that low :L
    Im pretty skinny, like you can see my ribs..

• Advertisement

You had me until you started talking about whey, it is very important for athletes or bodybuilders. It increases the level of glutathione in your body .This is very important for someone like David because regular cardio reduces the levels of glutathione in your body. Now with regards muscle building, whey protein is soluble and goes straight to your muscles to provide them with essential that they need to grow

When I do weights I do 2 sets of 12 then 1 set to failure. Some people say that it's not good to go to failure but Arnie went to failure .

Didn't know that - thanks! :) I've always stayed away from it because you only need long, lean muscles for boxing, they don't necessarily need to be bulky - and as well as that the tubs of powder can be very expensive, especially when there are plenty of homemade alternatives out there :)

Advertisement