Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poets 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭aarond280

Why do people think Plath or Heaney will come
    up
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Why did you spoiler the word 'up'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Namlub wrote: »
    Why?
    whats with all the questions? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

If Plath or Rich don't come up I am going to have a nervous breakdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

dickwod1 wrote: »

It was one question... A fairly valid one too I think, bit of a weird spoiler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I'm hoping Plath, Heaney or Larkin come up, if not there's going to be a problem:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Togepi wrote: »
    It was one question... A fairly valid one too I think, bit of a weird spoiler.

Don't mind him, I asked a a question in one of his threads and apparently he's so pressed about it he's now stalking my posts to find other instances of me asking questions. Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

dickwod1 wrote: »

You asked a question yourself!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I'm thinking Heaney, Plaths and Rich is way too risky yeah!?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Orange juice

ConTheCat wrote: »
    I'm thinking Heaney, Plaths and Rich is way too risky yeah!?

It's all I'm doing! Hopefully Plath will show and then Rich or Heaney as back-ups! :)

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Why did you spoiler the word 'up'?
    for the craic :P thought i might spice things up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

It's all I'm doing! Hopefully Plath will show and then Rich or Heaney as back-ups! :)
    They're the only people I have essays on and I'm way too lazy to do more :P

Thomas Kinsella hasn't appeared since 1999 s far as I can see, fairly safe hopefully and do the three female poets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He hasn't been on the honours course bar this year is what we were told?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

He hasn't been on the honours course bar this year is what we were told?

He hasn't been on the course in 25 years i think it is. I was talking to my dad about the poets on my course and he recognised kinsella!

I'm doing Plath , Rich , Kavanagh , Heaney

I've a feeling Kav'll be on. But I'm praying for Plath.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Why does everyone think the SEC will be so eager to put Kinsella on this year? He's on next year's course too!

I also dont see why Kavanagh wont come up. Wouldnt mind :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Why does everyone think the SEC will be so eager to put Kinsella on this year? He's on next year's course too!

I can't see Kinsella coming up. hope not! more of a chance for the better ones anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭_pure_mule_

Come at me rich!

Boland has been on the past three years ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

ChemHickey wrote: »
    He hasn't been on the course in 25 years i think it is. I was talking to my dad about the poets on my course and he recognised kinsella!

Don't think it's been quite that long, my mam went back to do her Leaving in '93 and she said he was on her paper. Still a fair while though :P

I'm definitely doing Plath, Larkin, Rich and Heaney, even though I despise Heaney. Think Kinsella will be my 5th, the only other poet we've done is Kavanagh and I despise him too :pac: I actually hate all the male Irish poets!

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »

Don't think it's been quite that long, my mam went back to do her Leaving in '93 and she said he was on her paper. Still a fair while though :P

I'm definitely doing Plath, Larkin, Rich and Heaney, even though I despise Heaney. Think Kinsella will be my 5th, the only other poet we've done is Kavanagh and I despise him too :pac: I actually hate all the male Irish poets!

Ya? oh i was just saying what my teacher said. We did all the poets. but i don't care for a fifth. hopefully I won't be stuck. I'd hope either plath or rich or kav will come up. Not bothered with heaney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Ya? oh i was just saying what my teacher said. We did all the poets. but i don't care for a fifth. hopefully I won't be stuck. I'd hope either plath or rich or kav will come up. Not bothered with heaney

Pretty sure she said that anyway, sure it's not like it really matters :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I've revised Plath, Heaney and Larkin should I revise a 4th?:confused:

aarond280 wrote: »
    Boland has been on the past three years ....
    And? She was predicted in 2010 and didnt appear, cant see why it wont happen with him too.

And? She was predicted in 2010 and didnt appear, cant see why it wont happen with him too.
    Yeah i suppose sure see what happens on the day :P

Fingers crossed for Plath and Larkin anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Right, so Ive done nothing for english yet. Gonna start with poetry. Who should I look to do? Please dont say the ones I like because I know none of them and hated them all when we did them!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Heaney, Kinsella, Plath and Larkin are coming up. I'm about 99% sure!

I reckon so too :D tis all i'm doing anyway screw the only other one i studied, ms Adrienne "men are awful" Rich... Despisssse the woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Gonna be studying Plath, Heaney, Rich and maybe one more.

• Advertisement

treely wrote: »
    Right, so Ive done nothing for english yet. Gonna start with poetry. Who should I look to do? Please dont say the ones I like because I know none of them and hated them all when we did them!
    I would recommend doing the female poets i personally find the poems more interesting than others more themes, images etc.

Advertisement