Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

alastair wrote: »
    Like the time when you said you didn't get any local authority services, and that was the reason why you weren't paying? How we laughed at how quickly you abandoned that pretense! :rolleyes:

I don't get local authority services, unless you are saying when I drive through the local town I'm getting the services, same as everyone else gets.

I did not abandon anything unlike you when you abandoned paying your poll tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Report away - like I say - I'm in complete compliance with my UK taxes.

That post was not actually about you alastair, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Who's the we? you and dv?

Any thread readers with an ounce of honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yes and now we have a sheep that wants homw owners to pay for his field as well., or he will report them.

That would be the way they'd like.
    A kinda 'grassing' system (excuse the pun) they could use, perhaps from the safety of their living rooms.
    Snitches, isn't that what they're called? or voyeur's?

To only avoidance I see at play is you backpedalling from your accusation of me changing my mind on something. :o

Ok, you changed your mind about nothing. FFS i couldnt care less if you did or not.

I Just want answers. How does a home owner access the wealth in the home you say they are taxed on?

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't get local authority services, unless you are saying when I drive through the local town I'm getting the services, same as everyone else gets.

I did not abandon anything unlike you when you abandoned paying your poll tax.

Heh -
    That's the reason I'm not paying, you finally get it.

At least I'm upfront about my motivations and tax compliance history.

Any thread readers with an ounce of honesty.

Not something you are familiar with it eh.

Ok, you changed your mind about nothing. FFS i couldnt care less if you did or not.

You were happy enough to put it out there. Pretty immature tbh.

Not something you are familiar with it eh.

I'm not the one lying.

You were happy enough to put it out there. Pretty immature tbh.

No, the immaturuty is you going on about it. Avoiding answering questions is your talent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I Just want answers. How does a home owner access the wealth in the home you say they are taxed on?
    This thread needs a FAQ for the questions that have been asked and answered a hundred times before.

Heh -

At least I'm upfront about my motivations and tax compliance history.

This is what I have stated from the start.

I will pay €100 if they guarantee to leave it at that price for a few years.
    I think everyone should pay something in order for it to be fair considering we are all have the use of the local services it's paying for.

I'm not the one lying.

where did I lie?

dvpower wrote: »
    This thread needs a FAQ for the questions that have been asked and answered a hundred times before.

We won't find **** all that you and alastair answered!

This is what I have stated from the start.

I will pay €100 if they guarantee to leave it at that price for a few years.
    I think everyone should pay something in order for it to be fair considering we are all have the use of the local services it's paying for.

You don't get to pick and choose what tax you think is appropriate - you also don't get to repeatedly ignore that fact that everyone does pay for local services - that's every taxpayer.

Ok you answer. How does a home owner access the wealth that alastair says this tax is based on? Assuming you also believe its a tax on wealth.

If you dont think its a wealth tax, no answer needed.

We won't find **** all that you and alastair answered!
    That's 'cos you're not really looking for answers at all.

where did I lie?

Right here:

- you also don't get to repeatedly ignore that fact that everyone does pay for local services - that's every taxpayer.
    Some more than others though!

Some more than others though!

That's right - and that's the way it's always been. I pay more tax than you - I pay more for local authority services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭greenpilot

This thread has become farcical-simply a pissing contest between those who still give a rats ass about the household charge-possible four or five people judging by the recent posts. Point is, it was a complete failure, and those who have paid are coming to realise that they have made a big, big mistake. i actually know council workers who haven paid! Ha! Looks like after all I will be exempt due to the stamp duty....

So alastair believes its a tax on wealth.

But a home owner has no access to any value in his home. Alastair said he can access this by selling. So he is saying the owner is taxed on the potential to sell and aquire wealth.

So the question I would like answered is, how does the negative equity owner access his 200k "wealth" from his home that he owes 300k on.

So DV, where was that answered in this thread many times before?

Ok you answer. How does a home owner access the wealth that alastair says this tax is based on? Assuming you also believe its a tax on wealth.

If you dont think its a wealth tax, no answer needed.
    I really couldn't care what labels people put on it - the nature of the HHC should be well understood by everyone by now.

greenpilot wrote: »
    This thread has become farcical-simply a pissing contest between those who still give a rats ass about the household charge-possible four or five people judging by the recent posts. Point is, it was a complete failure, and those who have paid are coming to realise that they have made a big, big mistake. i actually know council workers who haven paid! Ha! Looks like after all I will be exempt due to the stamp duty....

Heh. Best of luck with that.

I really couldn't care what labels people put on it - the nature of the HHC should be well understood by everyone by now.

I have a feeling you dont see it as a wealth tax though. Simply a connection between properties and services.

greenpilot wrote: »
    Point is, it was a complete failure, and those who have paid are coming to realise that they have made a big, big mistake.
    What rock did you crawl out from under?

Heh. Best of luck with that.

How does the 300k mortgaged, 200k home owner access the wealth he is being taxed on?

So alastair believes its a tax on wealth.

But a home owner has no access to any value in his home. Alastair said he can access this by selling. So he is saying the owner is taxed on the potential to sell and aquire wealth.

So the question I would like answered is, how does the negative equity owner access his 200k "wealth" from his home that he owes 300k on.

One more time for luck. I'm not revisiting this again.

House valued at 200k - that's 200k of wealth stored in the asset (that he's being taxed on).

House sold for 200k - that's 200k of wealth transferred from the asset to the owner.

Owner is in a 300k hole. He utilises that 200k to reduce his 300k debt.

The wealth is in the property.

You might not be satisifed with the answer given, but that particular question has been done many times.
    And again

• Advertisement

One more time for luck. I'm not revisiting this again.

House valued at 200k - that's 200k of wealth stored in the asset (that he's being taxed on).

House sold for 200k - that's 200k of wealth transferred from the asset to the owner.

Owner is in a 300k hole. He utilises that 200k to reduce his 300k debt.

The wealth is in the property.

So the thing to do would be sell up, take a €100,000 debt with you and get a council house.

Genius, that's what you are, a genius. The kind of thinking that has us on our knees.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement