Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

alastair wrote: »
    I'm supposed to have the gift of seeing into the future? That's beyond genius - or you're a bit slow on the uptake? Hmm.

Well he has since been banned, so it was not me predicting the future either. Surely the very obvious does not need to be explained to a genius such as yourself? A poster who sees a negative equity home owner as wealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Ok. 300k mortgage. 200k property that the mortgage is a lien on, calculate the owners wealth?

Shouldnt take long. Use the windows calculator.

The wealth is contained in the asset. Last time I'm repeating this - you're obviously just not strong on written comprehension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

hondasam wrote: »
    Just because you live in a big house does not mean you can now afford it or that you are wealthy. I don't think it's as simple as this tbh.
    The full property tax will have some ability to pay exemptions.

Well he has since been banned, so it was not me predicting the future either. Surely the very obvious does not need to be explained to a genius such as yourself? A poster who sees a negative equity home owner as wealthy.

He wasn't banned when I posted - hence I was able to quote the idiot. No genius required to figure that much out surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

emo72 wrote: »
    i left this thread last week. just popped back in and Alastair is still here?

is someone paying you to stay in this thread? who would give so much time/effort in this thread. do you have a life outside boards alastair?

will check back next week to see how he is doing :pac:
    And this person left at 2 am when everyone else did and reappeared today and stayed all day! Is this not a day that you would normally be with family/friends?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

He wasn't banned when I posted - hence I was able to quote the idiot. No genius required to figure that much out surely?

You should have know he would be banned and his posts deleted, it's better not to bother quoting them tbh. :)

Ok so you dont get it.....Good god.

It was very obvious the poster would be banned quickly, yet you felt the need to put on ignore. Well done:D

jluv wrote: »
    And this person left at 2 am when everyone else did and reappeared today and stayed all day! Is this not a day that you would normally be with family/friends?

I'm working today cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

dvpower wrote: »
    We get it Freddie. Message received load and clear. Do you have to post exactly the same point every couple of pages?

YES. You are grasping this at last. Until the core issues of the deficit are tackled, it matters little what taxes are attempted. As the Borg would say - resistance is futile. That deficit will bite you on the bollocks. Every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

jluv wrote: »

Not everyone has family and friends,tbh how long someone spends on line is their own business. It's Easter Sunday not Christmas day, hardly a big deal.

• Advertisement

It was very obvious the poster would be banned quickly, yet you felt the need to put on ignore. Well done:D

Given that there's more than one sock puppet merchant in this thread - there's nothing obvious about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 slapstick

that an admission of professional trolling ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Not at all. The property tax is not the poll tax. They're entirely different animals - one patently unfair, the other not. It's no more hypocritical than a judgment call in any other circumstance.

But, as you say yourself, a tax is, well, a tax. Have you not been preaching that mantra Alastair. TBH your opinion is completely hilarious, given the level of your personal hypocrisy.:D

slapstick wrote: »
    that an admission of professional trolling ?

speaking of sock puppets.

Given that there's more than one sock puppet merchant in this thread - there's nothing obvious about it.

We were only talking about one poster that you just put on ignore 5 minutes ago. Nice try at slithering again though.

Freddie59 wrote: »
    But, as you say yourself, a tax is, well, a tax. Have you not been preaching that mantra Alastair. TBH your opinion is completely hilarious, given the level of your personal hypocrisy.:D

What exactly do you believe my hypocrisy to be? Where did I say 'a tax was a tax'? I'm all ears.

We were only talking about one poster that you just put on ignore 5 minutes ago. Nice try at slithering again though.

Not quite. I'm fairly sure the same poster is still posting under another name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 slapstick

speaking of sock puppets.

pot kettle ?

I'm all ears.

Id say you are. You must be listening to the posts, because your certainly not reading them.

slapstick wrote: »
    pot kettle ?

A nice cup of ignore for you.

• Advertisement

Not quite. I'm fairly sure the same poster is still posting under another name.

Yes genius, so ignoring the name you did was absolutely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

A waste of bank holiday payroll!

Yes genius, so ignoring the name you did was absolutely pointless.

Only until the poster's other sockpuppets are also ignored. Your tetchiness is showing btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

One more time for luck. I'm not revisiting this again.

House valued at 200k - that's 200k of wealth stored in the asset (that he's being taxed on).

House sold for 200k - that's 200k of wealth transferred from the asset to the owner.

Owner is in a 300k hole. He utilises that 200k to reduce his 300k debt.

The wealth is in the property.

that has to be the most bollocks answer i have ever heard in my life, and you say you ran / run a business ?????..lol

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    that has to be the most bollocks answer i have ever heard in my life, and you say you ran / run a business ?????..lol

Sorry you didn't like it - was there something in particular you disagree with?

Only until the poster's other sockpuppets are also ignored. Your tetchiness is showing btw.

A ban for the name you ignored was incredibly obvious. But your not grasping that. So back to negative equity wealth it is....

It would be hard to be tetchy with a comedian like yourslelf.

A ban for the name you ignored was incredibly obvious.

I've both names on ignore now - cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Who got banned Robbie?
    Missed a bit there.

Izzy Skint wrote: »

O this is his belief throughout the thread. He insisits on the household charge being a tax on wealth.

The first time i asked him to explain, his answer was that negative equity owners were a small minority. And that they would be in positive equity soon. That seemed to be his explanation a while back for taxing negative equity owners.

Now he says it is a tax on them because the property has wealth in it, even though the purchase price of buying it is a lien on it. Its not like the mortgage is a seperate debt. But he wont accept that. Id say he knows everything amongst friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

Trolling? I'm not the one suggesting the only alternative to home ownership is a place on the council house list! :D

There's no such thing as road tax. Don't how often this needs to be stated.

The basic process of accessing the wealth in a property is open to all owners - regardless of whether they're in positive equity or negative equity.

Let me put it to you in terms you might grasp:

I owe 5 apples.

I have access to 3 apples or I have access to none.

Which scenario puts me in the better position in relation to my overall apple debt/asset ratio? The wealth is contained in the asset - in this case apples.
    holy crap...can not believe that answer.
    had you anything to do with that €3.5b revenue accounting error last year ?? ....
    eh mon....smokin da gangey mon !!!!....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement