Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Well then, it looks like you are indeed trolling.

Are those on this thread who have exemptions trolling also then?

hondasam wrote: »
    For the last time I agreed you were right about the local towns, I avail of these services. Is it that hard to understand? Let it go ffs.

Ahh - I thought you meant I was right about the town not having lights.

So - you agree you do avail of local authority services - and if you say that you won't pay the HC because you don't avail of local authority services, by my reckoning - you should be paying up. Or was that just spin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

alastair wrote: »
    Are those on this thread who have exemptions trolling also then?

No because they did not jump in and post something as patronising that was going to come across like ''ye can pay for my benefit because I don't have to'' like that poster did.

No because they did not jump in and post something as patronising that was going to come across like ''ye can pay for my benefit because I don't have to'' like that poster did.

Unlike "You shouldn't pay, because I don't have to" - fair enough. They should be on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Geez. Again - The wealth is contained in the asset. Regardless of whether the owner paid 300k for it or not, a property valued at 200k has 200k of wealth stored inside it. Now there may indeed be waivers for some in serious negative equity on the basis of ability-to-pay, but it has nothing to do with the issue of the wealth in the property - which is still 200k.
    But when a home owner having no real wealth for having a single property as a home was pointed out to you, your arguement was, if they liquidate it, thats how they access the wealth. Is this the wealth this tax is based on, yes??? No????

Now - what am I supposed to have changed my mind on?

I never said you did.

• Advertisement

Ahh - I thought you meant I was right about the town not having lights.

So - you agree you do avail of local authority services - and if you say that you won't pay the HC because you don't avail of local authority services, by my reckoning - you should be paying up. Or was that just spin?

This is not how it is and you know it. I agree we all avail of local services to a certain extent but then we should all pay the same.
    For example if I required the services of the Fire Brigade and my neighbour also required it but he did not pay the HHC, should I be more entitled to it than him?

I never said you did.

You didn't?
    Correct? Or have you changed your mind on that too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

This thread is full of posters who are saying 'ye can pay for my benefit because I refuse to'.

You didn't?

If i ask a poster, are you a builder? Thats not telling them they are a builder. The question mark is a clue.

This is not how it is and you know it. I agree we all avail of local services to a certain extent but then we should all pay the same.
    For example if I required the services of the Fire Brigade and my neighbour also required it but he did not pay the HHC, should I be more entitled to it than him?

So - when you said:
    That's the reason I'm not paying, you finally get it.

That wasn't it at all.

• Advertisement

If i ask a poster, are you a builder? Thats not telling them they are a builder. The question mark is a clue.

And the 'too'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Well, we know what you consider 'fair and equitable' - cutting unemployment benefit by €5.5k a year rather than pay some additional tax yourself.

Keep on weaselling.

Well, if you want to keep deluding yourself then knock yourself out. You cannot change the reality of the situation Francis.

You're opposed to the very notion of a welfare system then?

No. People are opposed to an overgenerous one. Which turns into a gravy train for many. Paid for by the ones who can least afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Why are you in this thread then?

You think it's mine and every other home owners responsibility to make sure your local park is kept nice for your benefit?

You really not see anything wrong with your post?

The trouble with your argument is that not only do I think it is your responsibility to fund the services that maintain the lovely park across the street from me but the government does too, which is why they've introduce the household charge.

Due to this little fact, regardless of whether I own a house and have paid this charge or not, if someone is neglecting their responsibility to pay this charge and fund these services, it will still affect me and the lovely little park and therefore I am entitled to hold and express my opinions or complaints towards those people.

I just hope that there's a facility in place for reporting people who haven't paid it.

And the 'too'?

Are you from dublin? Are you a builder too?

Nice try alister, the master of avoiding questions.

if your pal Freddie has his way, you'll be joining them shortly, hope you find it as luxurious as you imagine.
    Meooowwww! We must REALLY be getting to you Francis!:D

dvpower wrote: »
    This thread is full of posters who are saying 'ye can pay for my benefit because I refuse to'.

No it's not. I have not seen them or definitely not worded like that one. It hardly matters anyway, it's up to everyone to do as they please.

Venn diagram time again?

This property tax is levied only on households. A subset of property is the household. As far as I'm aware, the cat is not a subset of the dog genus.

If there was a specific licence required for a poodle however, it would be both a poodle tax and a dog tax (the poodle being both a, eh, poodle, and a dog).

Erm........its called the HOUSEHOLD tax.:rolleyes:

I have no outstanding tax bill in the UK - as is the case with everyone else who refused to pay the poll tax.

Hang on - you refused to pay the Poll Tax??????? WTF?:eek:

Are you from dublin? Are you a builder too?

Nice try alister, the master of avoiding questions.

Problem is you're not actually engaging with what you did post:

What is the 'too' that you're referring to? I can't change my mind on something 'too', unless I've changed my mind on something prior to that. No builders involved.

• Advertisement

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Meooowwww! We must REALLY be getting to you Francis!:D

It made me laugh actually Freddie. :D

It made me laugh actually Freddie. :D

Like the time when you said you didn't get any local authority services, and that was the reason why you weren't paying? How we laughed at how quickly you abandoned that pretense! :rolleyes:

What is the 'too' that you're referring to? I can't change my mind on something 'too', unless I've changed my mind on something prior to that. No builders involved.

How does the home owner acess the wealth in his home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Hang on - you refused to pay the Poll Tax??????? WTF?:eek:
    Did you not know that freddie?
    alastair didn't agree with the poll tax in the UK because it was an unfair tax and then didn't pay it.

Maybe that's why he lives here now.

How does the home owner acess the wealth in his home?

Remember before Robbie.
    Take out one of your windows and try to pay for the weekly shopping with it.
    Sure it's your wealth.......

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Did you not know that freddie?
    alastair didn't agree with the poll tax in the UK because it was an unfair tax and then didn't pay it.

Maybe that's why he lives here now.

Yes and now we have a sheep that wants homw owners to pay for his field as well., or he will report them.

authority services, and that was the reason why How we laughed at how quickly you abandoned that pretense! :rolleyes:

Who's the we? you and dv?

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Remember before Robbie.
    Take out one of your windows and try to pay for the weekly shopping with it.
    Sure it's your wealth.......

Indeed Gerry. But he is avoiding the questions carefully, because his wealth tax thing does not add up. You can see the question avoiding already.

Yes and now we have a sheep that wants homw owners to pay for his field as well., or he will report them.

Report away - like I say - I'm in complete compliance with my UK taxes.

• Advertisement

Indeed Gerry. But he is avoiding the questions carefully, because his wealth tax thing does not add up. You can see the question avoiding already.

To only avoidance I see at play is you backpedalling from your accusation of me changing my mind on something. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement