Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

donalg1 wrote: »
    Well lets see Robbie, I have 49 posts here (50 now) you have 199 and Gerry has 300, bit of a difference really.

Yea but we did not mention about changing records, did we donal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Some citizens should help more than others dont you mean? As in, people who saved the government the cost of housing them.

A self confessed tax evader is in a weak position to be whinging that some people don't pay their fair share tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Yea but we did not mention about changing records, did we donal?

Actually Robbie, Gerry mentioned it quite recently in fact. But well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

dvpower wrote: »
    Tenants will bin mail addressed to the landlord? That doesn't make sense. Why?

I have a feeling that they won't have an individual's name on them, and be addressed "the householder" or something similar.
    if they had such information on who owns each property sitting in front of them, they wouldnt have needed this whole online registration process to begin with.

A self confessed tax evader is in a weak position to be whinging that some people don't pay their fair share tbh.

Do you pay more tax than everyone else in the country?

Im a tax evader? Self confessed? Evidence to this claim you make?

• Advertisement

I have a feeling that they won't have an individual's name on them, and be addressed "the householder" or something similar.
    if they had such information on who owns each property sitting in front of them, they wouldnt have needed this whole online registration process to begin with.

The registration process was a process to make it as easy as possible for them to get peoples details, facilitated by the €100 introductory tax.

Many people would see the €8.33 a month as buttons. Which was the thinking by phil and co, knowing full well that many would register thinking that was a paltry sum.

Actually Robbie, Gerry mentioned it quite recently in fact

Well done you.
    You`re prize is in the post.

Wasn't the point of the various database merges to get names and addresses?

Anyway, landlords are much more likely to be in the tax net already since they are already subject to the NPPR tax.

Well done you.
    You`re prize is in the post.

Ok, Calm down its not that bad so you were wrong big deal.

Seriously though Robbie if you want to discuss the Household Charge I will be more than happy to do so, but if you want to continue to insist on dragging the thread off topic I will ignore you.

Do you pay more tax than everyone else in the country?
    Of what relevance is the amount of tax I pay?
    Im a tax evader? Self confessed? Evidence to this claim you make?
    Anyone who is liable for this tax and who has deliberately withheld it is a tax evader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

The tax evasion campaign has consistently failed to organise mass protests - the idea that they'll organise one now that the campaign has fizzled out is laughable.

Thought you have always said that it's not a tax?

650,000 still haven't paid don't forget.

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Thought you have always said that it's not a tax?
    You thought wrong.

Ok, Calm down its not that bad so you were wrong big deal.

Seriously though Robbie if you want to discuss the Household Charge I will be more than happy to do so, but if you want to continue to insist on dragging the thread off topic I will ignore you.

Donal, you came back saying are people not bored, and change the record. Now you complain about off topic:pac:

Fuinseog wrote: »
    every citizen has a responsibility to help get this country get back on track. bitching about the poor state of economy and making no financial contribution does not help. unless I ma mistaken the Irish worker pays the least amount of tax in the EU. The EU is not going o continue giving us handouts indefinitely. where is the money going to come from?

Does every citizen include renters who, the last time I looked, use all the same services that the rest of us do?

Or are you happy enough that one section of society can get off paying for the services they use?

This tax discriminates against homeowners.

Cue dv or donal with the ridiculous car tax argument......

I've never made any car tax argument - your confusion abounds.

I've never made any car tax argument - your confusion abounds.

It was one of you pro-discriminatory tax lot.

You are all one entity to me.

Different names, same message.

Of what relevance is the amount of tax I pay?
    You mentioned about people paying their fair share. What is a fair share?

Does this mean someone who is liable, but would have difficulty paying, because their income is low relative to outgoings, is not paying their fair share?

A new tax is introduced, and some people already in serious difficulty, are now not paying their fair share?

So if people badly struggling, are paying already as much as they can, then they are paying a fairer share than someone with plenty of disposable income, even before this new tax came in.

Anyone who is liable for this tax and who has deliberately withheld it is a tax evader.
    A right. But show me the self confessed part.

You mentioned about people paying their fair share. What is a fair share?
    That's a subjective measure, but I would take the opinion of a tax evader with a pinch of salt.
    A right. But show me the self confessed part.
    Anyone who is liable for a tax and who has deliberately withheld it and has admitted that they have withheld it is a self confessed tax evader.
    I'm not sure what you're confused about - its pretty self evident.

For many people, every extra penny spent on taxes is a penny less to spend elsewhere, thus reducing consumer spending further.

For the better off, it just means less to save each month!

Which one feels the most pain and passes that onto retailers.

Does every citizen include renters who, the last time I looked, use all the same services that the rest of us do?

Or are you happy enough that one section of society can get off paying for the services they use?

This tax discriminates against homeowners.

What car tax argument is that, I dont ever remember saying anything about car tax, but by all means enlighten me or show me a post where i made the ridiculous car tax argument.

• Advertisement

What car tax argument is that, I dont ever remember saying anything about car tax, but by all means enlighten me or show me a post where i made the ridiculous car tax argument.

I refer you to post 3587.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Fuinseog wrote: »
    every citizen has a responsibility to help get this country get back on track. bitching about the poor state of economy and making no financial contribution does not help. unless I ma mistaken the Irish worker pays the least amount of tax in the EU. The EU is not going o continue giving us handouts indefinitely. where is the money going to come from?

Unless I am mistaken I contribute enough in taxes all ready. Every citizen should pay the same regardless of circumstances.

I refer you to post 3587.

Ok so I never made that argument so you were blatantly lying and putting words in my mouth.

Grand, good lad

That's a subjective measure, but I would take the opinion of a tax evader with a pinch of salt.
    Really? So if you are dealing with people on a day to day basis, you first ensure they are not tax evaders, according to you`re own criteria?

Any "tax evaders" in you`re family? Although Id expect you would have supplied their details if they did not themselves.
    Anyone who is liable for a tax and who has deliberately withheld it and has admitted that they have withheld it is a self confessed tax evader.
    I'm not sure what you're confused about - its pretty self evident.

Its you who is confused. I asked you to show me the self confessed part. You are making an accusation, so supply some evidence. But you cant, can you? I see how you have slithered out of a direct accusation such as a couple of posts ago, and into a definition there.

All while avoiding the question, politician like.

Ok so I never made that argument so you were blatantly lying and putting words in my mouth.

Grand, good lad

You don't understand the english language too well,do you?

One entity!

hondasam wrote: »
    Unless I am mistaken I contribute enough in taxes all ready. Every citizen should pay the same regardless of circumstances.

Pro taxers want all your money Sam, they'd be happy if your destitute as long as they're protected.

Really? So if you are dealing with people on a day to day basis, you first ensure they are not tax evaders, according to you`re own criteria?
    What the hell are you blathering on about?
    Any "tax evaders" in you`re family?
    No, not to my knowledge. Of what relevance is it?
    Its you who is confused. I asked you to show me the self confessed part. You are making an accusation, so supply some evidence. But you cant, can you? I see how you have slithered out of a direct accusation such as a couple of posts ago, and into a definition there.
    What direct accusation are you on about? :confused:

You don't understand the english language too well,do you?

One entity!

You dont seem to understand that you blatantly lied and now are trying to worm your way out of it. Just apologise for your sweeping generalisation and that will be fine Gerry.

You dont seem to understand that you blatantly lied and now are trying to worm your way out of it. Just apologise for your sweeping generalisation and that will be fine Gerry.

I'm sorry donal.....;)

• Advertisement

I'm sorry donal.....;)

That wasnt so hard now was it Gerry.

Hows about next time you want to mention me in a silly post of yours you think twice and make sure its accurate and factual and is in some way related to me, otherwise leave me out of it and stop making up lies ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement