Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Guys, does the campus run as normal tomorrow, with it being New Years day? Want to drop an essay into the History department an was wondering if it'd be open?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

jubella wrote: »

Helped me out a lot in 1st year!

Thank you so much! The last thing I needed on Friday morning was to get lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

The closer I get to my exams, the more my brain rebels against me, promising that in some strange universe excessive procrastination will somehow improve my marks. Stupid brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

DB21 wrote: »
    Yup. You'll be taking the side entrance though.

There's a side entrance? I have missed much during my first Semester..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Looking at the bio papers, and my lord are they repetitive. Time to prepare general essay B|

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Looking at the bio papers, and my lord are they repetitive. Time to prepare general essay B|

I wish I could do this for Psychology! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

marko93 wrote: »

There tends to be a bit of a pattern, but you should go over points for the whole course. Trust me on that one.

AFAIR, it's just a fire door that's opened for the exams

Happy New Year everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Novella wrote: »
    Thank you so much! The last thing I needed on Friday morning was to get lost!
    Heh, I'm in Lower Loftus at the same time as you, for a Geography exam. Wanna swap? :p
    AFAIR, it's just a fire door that's opened for the exams
    Yeah. It's on the North-facing side of the building, and should be well sign-posted. The main doors will be locked, and the exams will take place in the big hall right inside the main doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Will the SU office be open on friday? Have to get a new travel card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Daemos wrote: »
    Heh, I'm in Lower Loftus at the same time as you, for a Geography exam. Wanna swap? :p

I'm not kidding, I will swap. Guarantee my chances of passing your Geography exam are higher than mine of passing this Philosophy exam.

Meet you outside at 9am? Swap student cards? I think that'll work! :)

What Geography exam is it? I might be able to give you a hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Anyone know when Fees and Grants is open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Anyone know if phoenix is open/ serving food this week?

Anybody know what happens in the case that you can't sit an exam due to illness and you have a Medical Cert to explain? What do you do?

Anybody know what happens in the case that you can't sit an exam due to illness and you have a Medical Cert to explain? What do you do?

First off, contact the relevant department AND the Exams Office. You'll then do the exam in August instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Goddamn Easter Eggs in Tesco ALREADY!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Repeat in summer. Though with a cert you probably wouldn't have to pay the repeat fee? Maybe?

Although if it's a module that puts a cap on the mark you can get in repeats, I think the medical cert will allow you get a full mark. So some departments might cap your mark at 40 even if you get a 70 in the repeat, but with a cert explaining the original absence you'd be granted the 70. Or something.

I'm probably imagining all that. Someone with a brain will be along to explain properly I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

kellief wrote: »
    What Geography exam is it? I might be able to give you a hand!
    Geography of the Informational Economy. It won't be too bad - it just feels like it now because I haven't done any study for it yet! Still, that's what tomorrow is for, right? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Syndic wrote: »
    Anyone know when Fees and Grants is open again?

Tomorrow.. As I learnt today.. when I'd come all the way up from Wexford to sort something out!
    >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Has anyone gotten the private bus into college from Kilcock? I don't live there, but will be for the duration of the exams. It says it picks up at the Nissan Garage, is that the place next to the school or the place near the bridge, out on the road to Maynooth? Or is it another place, that I don't remember/have never seen?

Finally got to bust out the Ban Hammer
    tumblr_m0zpp7xtTB1rqoccto1_400.gif

Thwip! wrote: »
    Finally got to bust out the Ban Hammer
    tumblr_m0zpp7xtTB1rqoccto1_400.gif

Did it feel good? :P

Did it feel good? :P

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I didn't do that module I'm afraid! Good luck!

Columbia wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the private bus into college from Kilcock? I don't live there, but will be for the duration of the exams. It says it picks up at the Nissan Garage, is that the place next to the school or the place near the bridge, out on the road to Maynooth? Or is it another place, that I don't remember/have never seen?

I would assume it's the garage out in front of the canal on the Maynooth road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

And the very best of luck to those of you sitting exams

12208_418053194929675_326241188_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Am I right in saying, to find the atoms of a element or whatever I'd multiply it by 6.02x10^23

So in my case, there's 2.5 moles of CH3OOH.

So, 2.5x(6.02x10^23)

= 1.5x10^24

Am I doing it right? :3

Advertisement