Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

You really need to spend 80+ on a bike lock for it to be in any way effective. And combination locks are dead easy to undo while onlookers think you're just putting in your own combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The best thing about getting involved with clubs and socs are the hoodies.

Seren_ wrote: »
    The best thing about getting involved with clubs and socs are the hoodies.

*nods* After 2 years in the SU, I should never need to buy a hoody ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Is there an NUIM hoody with a zip in front?
    I like zippable things more than dislocate-stuff-pulling-it-over-my-head-in-a-really-awkward-way things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

mickstupp wrote: »
    Is there an NUIM hoody with a zip in front?
    I like zippable things more than dislocate-stuff-pulling-it-over-my-head-in-a-really-awkward-way things.

Yep there is! :) Saw ones in the SU Shop. They're 35e though I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Ooh. I will look, but that's a little steep for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

SOOOOO MANY REPORTED POSTS

You're all like Sherlock's homeless network, awesomes :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I just want to say...

3000!!! Whoop! :)

I just want to say...

3000!!! Whoop! :)

Awh how little and cute does that smilie look?!

Now back to my legal memo I go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Father Ted quiz in the SU tonight! I get super competitive at quizzes ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Seren_ wrote: »
    Father Ted quiz in the SU tonight! I get super competitive at quizzes ¬_¬

Threaten to perma-ban any boardsies that are against you if they try to beat you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Please tell me Biology gets better than what its currently like. Because, I've gone from absolutely adoring it to almost resenting it. It's so disappointing :(:mad: I literally can't bare the labs anymore. Today was a complete shambles...

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Please tell me Biology gets better than what its currently like. Because, I've gone from absolutely adoring it to almost resenting it. It's so disappointing :(:mad: I literally can't bare the labs anymore. Today was a complete shambles...

It'll get better. Trust me, I can say that in my third year of doing it :pac:

DB21 wrote: »
    It'll get better. Trust me, I can say that in my third year of doing it :pac:

Grand! Couldn't be any worse to be honest. It's just absolutely horrendous at the moment... :(

Omg, this is gonna sound like the creepiest thing everrr...But, where you on Finlay's bus this evening? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

I feel your pain man, absolute tripe. To be honest, I'm putting it down to our Lecturer

Grand! Couldn't be any worse to be honest. It's just absolutely horrendous at the moment... :(

Omg, this is gonna sound like the creepiest thing everrr...But, where you on Finlay's bus this evening? :pac:

Yep

DB21 wrote: »
    Yep

Cool, so was I :pac: Sorry if that sounds stalkerish, I was just asking because you're from the same area!

Cool, so was I :pac: Sorry if that sounds stalkerish, I was just asking because you're from the same area!

Ah it's no problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Dear final year law students.....

Any tips on studying for eu/constitutional law?
    And does anyone know if nutshells are good for these modules?

Tummy, y u so angry.

• Advertisement

Paczini wrote: »
    Dear final year law students.....

Any tips on studying for eu/constitutional law?
    And does anyone know if nutshells are good for these modules?

Nutshells are good for everything!

I always hated EU because it was the one subject that you can't just study cases with. You need to read around.

Const I haven't done since 1st year but I found it easy enough. That's a bit more case based but of course you do need to know your constitution as well. We were allowed bring ours into the exam so I'm assuming that you will. There are a couple of major cases, make sure that you know them.

I'll try root out my notes for you tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

For anyone that does Psychology or has done, is it just me or is the Research Design & Statistics Lecturer hilariously enthusiastic by the prospect of Statistics? :pac: I was sitting in that lecture this morning laughing about how excited she was getting doing the Stats Question, she's so funny! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Nutshells are good for everything!

I always hated EU because it was the one subject that you can't just study cases with. You need to read around.

Const I haven't done since 1st year but I found it easy enough. That's a bit more case based but of course you do need to know your constitution as well. We were allowed bring ours into the exam so I'm assuming that you will. There are a couple of major cases, make sure that you know them.

I'll try root out my notes for you tonight.

Thanks a lot!
    I heard few second/third years saying that Nutshells are good for everything except for.. administrative/constitutional law, I cant remember which one now that's why I was asking. I've also seen people with a book Questions and Answers- EU law (or something similar) would it be better than Nutshells?
    As for constitutional law, everyone I know find it very hard to grasp, It's hard to follow what's going on in lectures therefore I'm looking for anything that would help us study.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

For anyone that does Psychology or has done, is it just me or is the Research Design & Statistics Lecturer hilariously enthusiastic by the prospect of Statistics? :pac: I was sitting in that lecture this morning laughing about how excited she was getting doing the Stats Question, she's so funny! :pac:

Haha yeah, she is majorly into it! I like that about her! :)

I'm feeling the same about bio in second year.

I'm feeling the same about bio in second year.

Oh no, really? It's actually devastating because I love Biology so much and I can't believe how much I actually dread it now! I always believed nothing would ever turn me off the subject because I loved it that much but NUIM is turning me off it. The Biology department isn't particularly that nice either!

And to begin first year with such horrible, horrible material as they did is really disgraceful. I haven't found one person who actually enjoys Biology.

Anyway........ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056779897

Possibly one of the best boards threads I've read in a good while :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

aaabbbb wrote: »

My word, I thank you. I'm hooked haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevonicus

aaabbbb wrote: »

That is absolutely fantastic.

• Advertisement

This may sound like a stupid Q but if I was to buy a print card in the Arts Block shop (seeing as I have no clue where to top up my student card or how to use it *ahem* banquo) where could I use it to print?

Advertisement