Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Have had it up to the back teeth with the giant spiders in the Science Building, where the hell are they coming from?! Are the biology folk growing them with their Voodoo biology stuff and sending them over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Have had it up to the back teeth with the giant spiders in the Science Building, where the hell are they coming from?! Are the biology folk growing them with their Voodoo biology stuff and sending them over here?

**** you're onto us....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Finally got my meeting with the department head and my results amended.
    Only took a month, but I am so pleased right now. =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I demand you catch one for me....i have an experiment to conduct....but it's ok...it's been done in comics before and that turned out fine :P

Also..... Aragog has come to Maynooth! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevonicus

They must have released them all over Maynooth. I've seen them in around three different houses in Beaufield and over in College Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Stevonicus wrote: »
    They must have released them all over Maynooth. I've seen them in around three different houses in Beaufield and over in College Green.
    There are also few in Moyglare

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did someone say a while back that it is possible to download ebooks from the library onto a kindle?

Also Aaragog = a poor mans Shelob.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

@turdyturd Yup, it's possible thanks to a rather brilliant initiative from the English Department last year.

In other news: Manflu has stricken.

Those new spiders are new to Ireland but harmless. They seem to reside almost exclusively in my bathroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

So UCD's Student Bar is being dissolved, The SU should buy their licence and open a new union bar in UCD... think of the money they would rake in by charging non-Maynooth students at the door...

http://www.universityobserver.ie/2012/10/02/university-provide-e750000-to-dissolve-student-club/

Only joking of course, but you have to wonder how badly it was run to end like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

HOFSOC claims it's first victim :D

It was run pretty badly by somebody who was almost totally unanswerable to the SU. In fact it was the SU President Pat du Brun that, last year, demanded insight into the accounts and then realised that something was terribly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

It's spider baby making season sept-october ( at least for the big house spiders) which is why they tend to be more noticable this time of year, they be just out to get some spider pussy.

aaabbbb wrote: »
    **** you're onto us....

:p

Well, if I wasn't before, I certainly am now!
    Thwip! wrote: »
    I demand you catch one for me....i have an experiment to conduct....but it's ok...it's been done in comics before and that turned out fine :P

Em...no. I can, however, ring you when I see one and stand there quivering and dry retching until you get there.
    Also..... Aragog has come to Maynooth! :cool:

Totes had to Google that. Not ashamed or nuffin'
    banquo wrote: »
    Those new spiders are new to Ireland but harmless. They seem to reside almost exclusively in my bathroom.

Well, if they're so exclusive to your bathroom, why are they taking over the flippin' place?! Bring them back or at least hang up notices requesting their return.
    wonton wrote: »
    It's spider baby making huntin' season sept-october ( at least for the big house spiders) which is why they tend to be more noticable this time of year, they be just out to get some spider pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

How so Joe wrote: »
    Finally got my meeting with the department head and my results amended.
    Only took a month, but I am so pleased right now. =D

Amended in order to pass a year you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

brianclown wrote: »
    Amended in order to pass a year you mean?

No amended to raise her from a 2.1 to a first in her masters like she deserved all along.
    Extremely proud of my little sister!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

Bobsammy wrote: »
    No amended to raise her from a 2.1 to a first in her masters like she deserved all along.
    Extremely proud of my little sister!

Fantastic. Congratulations :D

Em...no. I can, however, ring you when I see one and stand there quivering and dry retching until you get there.
    But...but....SPIDAH POWAZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I'm going to steal a red panda from the zoo this week.
    I feel I deserve it.

• Advertisement

How so Joe wrote: »
    I'm going to steal a red panda from the zoo this week.
    I feel I deserve it.
    There's red pandas now????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

220px-Ailurus_fulgens_RoterPanda_LesserPanda.jpg

yup, they're so cute!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

A week and a half in, still don't know my timetable :pac:

DB21 wrote: »

I know mine:

0800 Get up
    Do some work
    Bang head against wall because of failed work
    1300 Lunch
    More head banging
    Crying
    Stare at computer screen
    2100 Home

:pac:

DB21 wrote: »

That's just shameful Darren.

I knewq mine straight away! :p

Though if I didn't ,I think I would just have to give up on life altogether , not remembering something as simple as that ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

That's just shameful Darren.

I knewq mine straight away! :p

Though if I didn't ,I think I would just have to give up on life altogether , not remembering something as simple as that ! :p

You have THREE hours :pac:

And you still managed to be late once :P

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Leptons

Hey, boardsies!

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a module in 2nd year history at this point in the semester? The History of Health and Medicine turned out not to be what its title promised.

Any former/current history students? Or just students who've changed modules in general?

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Leptons wrote: »
    Hey, boardsies!

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a module in 2nd year history at this point in the semester? The History of Health and Medicine turned out not to be what its title promised.

Any former/current history students? Or just students who've changed modules in general?

Thanks in advance.

Have you got the History handbook? It says something in there. I'll try find it for you

EDIT: Here you go!
    Second and higher year students may change their module choices, with the written permission of the Head of Department, in each semester up to the end of the second week of that semester. No changes are permitted after this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Leptons

Have you got the History handbook? It says something in there. I'll try find it for you

EDIT: Here you go!

This is the second or third week, right? (Confusion over how it's counted here.) Fingers crossed for second...

Edit:

Also, thanks! I had looked through the handbook, but missed that somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Leptons wrote: »
    This is the second or third week, right? (Confusion over how it's counted here.) Fingers crossed for second...

Edit:

Also, thanks! I had looked through the handbook, but missed that somehow.

I'd take it as third I'm afraid...

Advertisement