Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

How so Joe wrote: »
    That's the one I'm talking about as well. Stupid room took me HOURS to find it when I was in third year.
    It's also where Daemos was talking about, I think.

In other arts-block-related musings,
    why are there halls A-F and hall H, but no hall G?

I believe there was a hall G at some point, but the arts block changes every few years and it might be something else now, like the Language Centre.

Fun Maynooth fact, the area with Sofas was the Canteen prior to the building of the canteen/sports hall complex.
    plumpote wrote: »
    You're right. Maybe in the room-naming office the guy with a H surname was more senior than the G guy.
    I wish there was a Room Naming office, at least then we'd have some sensible system of names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    How so Joe wrote: »
    That's the one I'm talking about as well. Stupid room took me HOURS to find it when I was in third year.
    It's also where Daemos was talking about, I think.

In other arts-block-related musings,
    why are there halls A-F and hall H, but no hall G?

I believe there was a hall G at some point, but the arts block changes every few years and it might be something else now, like the Language Centre.

Fun Maynooth fact, the area with Sofas was the Canteen prior to the building of the canteen/sports hall complex.
    plumpote wrote: »
    You're right. Maybe in the room-naming office the guy with a H surname was more senior than the G guy.
    I wish there was a Room Naming office, at least then we'd have some sensible system of names.
    You would never find it though

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Does anyoneknow the reasoning behind the main canteen area in pheonix closing at 3 surely they stay open till 5?

I understand it closing early on fridays cause there does be less people about but for the rest of the week 3 seems very early.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Why the hell isn't there a Chemistry Soc? I was looking for one today but to no avail! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Why the hell isn't there a Chemistry Soc? I was looking for one today but to no avail! :(

Used to be one years ago, it just stopped being active and disbanded. The department still does events though, halloween party is usually good.

Anyway, joined Archery (first time), HOFSOC, Disney and BioSoc. Looking forward to them all now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a lab coat bigger than the ones they stock in NUIM?

marko93 wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a lab coat bigger than the ones they stock in NUIM?

We were told by the chemistry lecturer that they stock larger sizes in the science building and just to email them asking for one.

We were told by the chemistry lecturer that they stock larger sizes in the science building and just to email them asking for one.
    Was in today, and the chemistry dept hadn't any bigger than a large sadly.

Was in today, and the chemistry dept hadn't any bigger than a large sadly.

Oh no, that's shít. Maybe try a hardware store if you know any? Or could Londis or the bookshop order a larger size in for you? I don't know!?

Oh no, that's shít. Maybe try a hardware store if you know any? Or could Londis or the bookshop order a larger size in for you? I don't know!?

Asked and they said no ;____: thankfully Chem ain't till Friday and Bio ain't till next week. I'll pop into town before college and check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I got mine last year in philips workwear on Capel street, I think they do big sizes, ring them and ask.

Go to MSC. Leave laptop alone with aaabbbb for 2 minutes. Come back. Fraped. Brought it on myself in all fairness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

DB21 wrote: »
    Go to MSC. Leave laptop alone with aaabbbb for 2 minutes. Come back. Fraped. Brought it on myself in all fairness :pac:

I was wondering what the evil glint in her eye was about. Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

*round of applause for aaabbbb

Planemo wrote: »
    I got mine last year in philips workwear on Capel street, I think they do big sizes, ring them and ask.

Thank you good sir! Shall ring tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Did any of you fine people join American Football today? :D

Pudsy33 wrote: »

FOOOOTBAWWWWL!

I did. Going to presume you were the lad in the Ravens jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

FOOOOTBAWWWWL!

I did. Going to presume you were the lad in the Ravens jersey?

How did you guess? :P yeah twas me. We had a brilliant day I have to say, signed up more then we could have dreamed of. Should be a good year for us!

How did you guess? :P yeah twas me. We had a brilliant day I have to say, signed up more then we could have dreamed of. Should be a good year for us!

Your sig was a major give away :P Only other jerseys were Bengals, and possibly a Cowboys one?

You asked me to join roughly 3 times after I signed up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

I quite like the new notification system, particularly as I normally delete any Boards emails that make it to my mailbox!
    Thus making finding what they actually said all the more challenging. Here here to the new look!

• Advertisement

Also, how to get rid of advertisements:
    Download the ____ plugin for your browser. Nuff' said.

purebeta wrote: »
    Also, how to get rid of advertisements:
    Download the AdBlock plugin for your browser. Nuff' said.

Except that really shouldn't be encouraged because as bad as they are, the ads are a source of income for the site.

OK, I will be 'democratic'. If people would like to block ads then download something that will do this, if they would like to see them then don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Or you could subscribe to boards, then you can switch off the ads, they dont really bother me though . . ..

I'm not sure if I use it [Boards.ie] enough to warrant a subscription.
    But, I suppose a proposition worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Does anyone know what are the opening hours for bookshop in JH?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 PowKitty

Paczini wrote: »
    Does anyone know what are the opening hours for bookshop in JH?

I believe they're open until 5.30 pm everyday.

Two maths assignments and probably a biology lab book due this week. I <3 Third Year

So I have an assignment through moodle with 1 attempt allowed. Can I look at it and back out without that counting as an attempt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Depends on what kind of assignment. If it's an assignment you upload then you're grand. If it's like a timed quiz or something like that, then no you have one chance only. At least that's the way it was when I had to do one in 1st year

Advertisement