Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

HOFSOC?

DavidHasselhoff1986.jpg

??????????

I will join this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

mickstupp wrote: »
    HOFSOC?

DavidHasselhoff1986.jpg

??????????

I will join this.

Hangover-Free Society!
    It's a society being set up this to organise alcohol free events for those who don't drink/want a sober night out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Oh! Hey I'd probably join that! I'll think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I'm going to start learning Oboe on Monday.
    I need to make a facebook life event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ahHerenow

Fogman wrote: »
    ah here,were you there?

yo yo yo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Fogman

ahHerenow wrote: »
    yo yo yo

Fragile Fergal? I though you had a different name on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

How so Joe wrote: »
    I'm going to start learning Oboe on Monday.
    I need to make a facebook life event.
    all hail Grover ;)

also explanation of my username

2zs43de.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Back in college in less than 35 hours :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Lads/Ladies, does 1st year results count towards your final 4th year result?

marko93 wrote: »

Nope. Feel free to get whatever results you want up until 3rd year (So long as you actually make it there :L) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

HOFSOC?

DavidHasselhoff1986.jpg

??????????

I will join this.

Hangover-Free Society!
    It's a society being set up this to organise alcohol free events for those who don't drink/want a sober night out
    Kind of tempted to go to all the events with a sneaky flask or 3 and see how long i can go before somebody notices im hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

marko93 wrote: »

Just be careful if your plan is to carry on into the postgrad world with funding from a source other than yourself!

HOFSOC?

DavidHasselhoff1986.jpg

??????????

I will join this.

Hangover-Free Society!
    Kind of tempted to go to all the events with a sneaky flask or 3 and see how long i can go before somebody notices im hammered

Well now that you've told me I know exactly who to look out for!

Quick question; Is academic advisory still doing the free A4 pads?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Well now that you've told me I know exactly who to look out for!

or perhaps ill double bluff...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

DB21 wrote: »
    Quick question; Is academic advisory still doing the free A4 pads?

Yup.

In other news, Irishrail was an absolute shambles today.

banquo wrote: »
    Yup.

In other news, Irishrail was an absolute shambles today.

In further news, water is wet. :pac: What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Ugh, I need some advice!

Right, I need to buy a chemistry book tomorrow in the bookshop. The book is compulsory to get because of an online tutorial code inside. You can get this book with Biology for €118 as a pack. I do both Chemistry and Biology and plan to keep both on. However, I just need advice whether to buy both books in the pack or just buy chemistry (€70) on it's own. Or, would you advise photocopying chapters in biology as I need them and not bothering to buy it new?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I imagine it was to do with the All Ireland. Loads of people from Donegal & Mayo would have been getting the train up for it.

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Ugh, I need some advice!

Right, I need to buy a chemistry book tomorrow in the bookshop. The book is compulsory to get because of an online tutorial code inside. You can get this book with Biology for €118 as a pack. I do both Chemistry and Biology and plan to keep both on. However, I just need advice whether to buy both books in the pack or just buy chemistry (€70) on it's own. Or, would you advise photocopying chapters in biology as I need them and not bothering to buy it new?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Buy the pack. You'll need the biology book a lot more than it seems, as the exams are all essay based. Also, in labs next year they'll be looking for a lot of detail, and the book is very useful for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Buy the pack. You'll need the biology book a lot more than it seems, as the exams are all essay based. Also, in labs next year they'll be looking for a lot of detail, and the book is very useful for that.

Ok great, Thanks for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

I never used the book and I got a first. Most of the stuff in the book isnt relevant to the lecture content to a significant degree and it isnt detailed enough for anything beyond first year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Seren_ wrote: »
    I imagine it was to do with the All Ireland. Loads of people from Donegal & Mayo would have been getting the train up for it.

Mayo yes, but we Donegalians get the bus. we're damn proud of our adamantium bladders.

In related news, I think I seen MCRBaby on the bus?

or else I just enthusiastically said hi to a complete stranger._.

Ridiculous hour to have already been up for more than 30 minutes -__-

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Leptons

Does anyone here know how to get in contact with whomever runs "The Print"? I would like to contribute to the newspaper, but obviously that would be difficult if I can't talk to anybody.

I did fire off an e-mail a few days ago to the editor e-mail address given at their website, but I had no reply so far. Has the newspaper not started back yet - if at all? Starting to worry a little. :o Am I being ignored? Am I overreacting? Should this be my reaction?:

27271780.jpg

Duddy wrote: »

Mayo yes, but we Donegalians get the bus. we're damn proud of our adamantium bladders.

In related news, I think I seen MCRBaby on the bus?

[SIZE="1"]or else I just enthusiastically said hi to a complete stranger._.[/SIZE]

Hah, 'twas me indeed!

Leptons wrote: »
    Does anyone here know how to get in contact with whomever runs "The Print"? I would like to contribute to the newspaper, but obviously that would be difficult if I can't talk to anybody.
    I did fire off an e-mail a few days ago to the editor e-mail address given at their website, but I had no reply so far. Has the newspaper not started back yet - if at all? Starting to worry a little. :o Am I being ignored? Am I overreacting? Should this be my reaction?:
    the SU communications officer is editor of The Print. His email is vpsec@nuimsu.com. It was very active last year and lots of fun. Don't know what the story will be with this yearLs one though Wthe paper has a different editor every year and sometimes they don't care about it). If that happens there's other ones on campus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Hey! Don't look at me, I took le bus! But that was after a bit of sorrow drowning quite some time after the match ended...

Coffee, need coffee #FirstDayBackWoes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Leptons

the SU communications officer is editor of The Print. His email is vpsec@nuimsu.com. It was very active last year and lots of fun. Don't know what the story will be with this yearLs one though Wthe paper has a different editor every year and sometimes they don't care about it). If that happens there's other ones on campus too.

Thanks, Seren. I've just sent an e-mail to that address. Hopefully, I get an answer. I'll look around for some other papers too.

Advertisement