Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DB21 wrote: »
    You live in Donabate. I'd stop while you could if I were you :P

Hey, Donabate's awesome! We have 3 beaches, a sewage plant , 6 golf courses,a mental institution (soon to be the central mental hospital for the criminally insane) , a juvenile detention centre, a methadone clinic,the Tesco distribution centres HQ and lots and lots of fields filled with potatoes!! :P

on another note, I've a job interview tomorrow and I've no idea what the job is for....this shall be interesting! eeeeeepppp!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Btw did anyone apply for a job in Roost?

Paczini wrote: »
    Btw did anyone apply for a job in Roost?

I did, handed my CV in and via email never heard anything back though. I know they did hire one person about 2/3 weeks ago....

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I did, handed my CV in and via email never heard anything back though. I know they did hire one person about 2/3 weeks ago....
    They didn't get back to me either. Too bad cause I really hoped for a job there.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

Stevonicus wrote: »
    Guess who's not going into 3rd year? This guy. Just found out I failed two of my repeats which is rather unfortunate. The part time job hunt continues nevertheless.

Tough luck, keep chin up, I was in exactly the same boat as yourself this time last year. at least you didn't find on day of graduation when the world and his dog are walking around south campus in their robes.

Why do they always happen around the same time? fewkin cruel to find out you've failed and have to walk by a hundred people graduating :(

You'll get there when you're supposed to and not before, another year in college is possibly a great thing *insert witticism re. economy in the toilet*

• Advertisement

They didn't get back to me either. Too bad cause I really hoped for a job there.

Same would have been so convenient !!!! Tbh though I knew the minute I handed my CV in to the manager (who had a serious attitude may I add) that it was going straight in the bin and I wouldn't be hearing from there again !! :pac:

Guess who's not going into 3rd year? This guy. Just found out I failed two of my repeats which is rather unfortunate. The part time job hunt continues nevertheless.

How did you find out so early btw ?

I just emailed them as I didn't plan to go to Maynooth any day soon. Does anyone know if they are still looking for staff in vodafone shop?

I just emailed them as I didn't plan to go to Maynooth any day soon. Does anyone know if they are still looking for staff in vodafone shop?

Oh right , wonder if I could do that....? humm

though then again, I'm not sure I actually want what I already know confirmed.....
    Does anyone know if they are still looking for staff in vodafone shop?

and well the sign in the window isn't there any-more so I don't know :confused:

and well the sign in the window isn't there any-more so I don't know :confused:

Probably is gone then. Do you thing they will look for staff in Chill again?

• Advertisement

Probably is gone then. Do you thing they will look for staff in Chill again?

Dunno, was in there about 3 weeks ago and the manager said he was looking for people but seemed like he wanted people with experience in that sort of thing

Dunno, was in there about 3 weeks ago and the manager said he was looking for people but seemed like he wanted people with experience in that sort of thing

Do you have an email address to the Chill or do you have to go there personally (I won't be in Maynooth earlier than on 16th) I could try it out cause I have experience in catering.

Do you have an email address to the Chill or do you have to go there personally (I won't be in Maynooth earlier than on 16th) I could try it out cause I have experience in catering.

I went in personally but here's the email I got off the college website :

http://campusservices.nuim.ie/facilities.shtml

chillcafemaynooth@gmail.com

Thanks a lot. I'm going to email them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevonicus

I went in to talk to the department because I'm going to be home for a few days when the results are out and I wanted to find out my options beforehand.

On the jobs front the Coffee Mill are looking for people with experience which ruled me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Hey, Donabate's awesome! We have 3 beaches, a sewage plant , 6 golf courses,a mental institution (soon to be the central mental hospital for the criminally insane) , a juvenile detention centre, a methadone clinic,the Tesco distribution centres HQ and lots and lots of fields filled with potatoes!! :P

on another note, I've a job interview tomorrow and I've no idea what the job is for....this shall be interesting! eeeeeepppp!!!!

I rest my case :pac: You don't get any of that up here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Does anyone know when the clubs and socs get to book their times to use either of the sports halls? Please tell me it hasn't already happened :(

I rest my case :pac: You don't get any of that up here :P

Aren't you guys getting the new mountjoy though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Aren't you guys getting the new mountjoy though ?

Nope :P Worst thing we have up here is the incinerator.

AN INCINERATOR?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

OH MY GOD!! STOP THE CAR, BUT ON YOUR SEATBELT AND A HELMET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! ;)

Sure they add colour and character to the place so they do :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is the canteen hiring by any chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

And a mobile phone mast! ;)

You have worse things but don't start me atm! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the clubs and socs get to book their times to use either of the sports halls? Please tell me it hasn't already happened :(

It is not done on a first come basis, panic not!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

You have worse things but don't start me atm! :P

Oh do spill, I happen to live in the same location ;) :pac:

Is the canteen hiring by any chance?!
    You would have to contact Compass Group directly.
    I tried to work there last year (I am employed with Compass since 2010) and I almost had the job but then they didn't like my Lecture times. To work there you would have to be free every day from 11 to 3pm.

You would have to contact Compass Group directly.
    I tried to work there last year (I am employed with Compass since 2010) and I almost had the job but then they didn't like my Lecture times. To work there you would have to be free every day from 11 to 3pm.

Contacted already! I've worked in the Aviva since it opened so Compass do know me!
    Boeing777 wrote: »
    Oh do spill, I happen to live in the same location ;) :pac:

Oh poor you!

I can't I'm afraid! Private stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

AN INCINERATOR?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

OH MY GOD!! STOP THE CAR, BUT ON YOUR SEATBELT AND A HELMET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! ;)

Sure they add colour and character to the place so they do :P

And to all first years, welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Sorry to hear that, as Dr.Quirky has said, you will get there when you are meant to and not before!

• Advertisement

Contacted already! I've worked in the Aviva since it opened so Compass do know me!

We are on the same boat then. I worked there since the opening as well and I worked in the units all summer last year and they still didn't want me there but when I had some day off they sent me to different locations in Dublin.. Or they called me during lectures and told be that they want to see me in the canteen asap as they need someone to work there for few hours.

Advertisement