Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lawstudent1991

Hey just wondering does anyone know the cheapest way to commute from maynooth to Dublin city centre 5 days a wk? Ok ow the train does 80 euro student monthly passes but I can't figure out the Dublin bus website!! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Hey just wondering does anyone know the cheapest way to commute from maynooth to Dublin city centre 5 days a wk? Ok ow the train does 80 euro student monthly passes but I can't figure out the Dublin bus website!! Thanks :D
    If you are planning to use Dublin Bus and Rail during the month I would advise you to get a monthly student ticket for bus and rail which would cost you around €102/month. You can travel anywhere you want between Bray, Balbriggan and Maynooth on Bus and Rail and any day you want within a calendar month.
    I commuted last year and somehow I preferred train (warmer, has less stops, traffic can't slow it down and way more comfortable than a bus)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

The bus ticket is cheaper than the train and while the train is a more 'comfortable' experience (I despise the bus:pac:) the train & bus ticket is only for a calander month where the bus only ticket is for any 30 days - if you don't use it on the weekends you're losing out a lot. Also while the train is about 20 mins quicker than the bus, the awkward timetable means you end up getting to the city centre at the same time as if you took the bus!
    I preferred train (warmer, has less stops, traffic can't slow it down and way more comfortable than a bus)

Yeah but it's 20 euro dearer!

The bus ticket is cheaper than the train and while the train is a more 'comfortable' experience (I despise the bus:pac:) the train & bus ticket is only for a calander month where the bus only ticket is for any 30 days - if you don't use it on the weekends you're losing out a lot. Also while the train is about 20 mins quicker than the bus, the awkward timetable means you end up getting to the city centre at the same time as if you took the bus!

Yeah but it's 20 euro dearer!

As I said, It is worth its price if someone is planning to use both. For me and many more people it was way better as we took train to Drumcondra and then the bus home (Bus would take me much more time even if I had to wait for the train half an hour). If someone is not planning to take the train then €80 bus ticket is the best option. It really depends on a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

How much are the NUIM hoodies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Last time I heard €30, but it could have gone up.
    Actually I need to get one meself soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I reckon I could wear a different Maynooth hoodie every day for a week. I've got tons of them.

I really, really want results to come out. I want to know what my final grade is. Wednesday cannot come fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I think there was a week or two where they were 25? Maybe I'm imagining a sale.
    I would get one if I saw one in green... but I only saw green ones associated with societies...
    I'd get one if there was a zip...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I think you can get them with zips. I'm sure my sister's boyfriend has one with a zip. But it's navy, not green...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

If you wait 'till the end of the year they go down in price I can't remember by how much though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Gonna get myself a NUIM hoody to feel like part of the gang.

Is it weird I'm excited to go buy new stationary things?

marko93 wrote: »
    Gonna get myself a NUIM hoody to feel like part of the gang.

Is it weird I'm excited to go buy new stationary things?
    I always liked to buy stationary things. I actually loved it! But unfortunately in college I'm just using my laptop and a refill pad and a pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Have to get just an NUIM one. Have a tea soc one and a bio soc one though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Paczini wrote: »
    I always liked to buy stationary things. I actually loved it! But unfortunately in college I'm just using my laptop and a refill pad and a pen.

My laptop has a 17.3" screen, so no hope lugging that back and forth :P
    So hopefully I can still go wild on the purchasing of random stationary I'll never need >:D of course buying stuff I do need as well!

marko93 wrote: »
    My laptop has a 17.3" screen, so no hope lugging that back and forth :P
    So hopefully I can still go wild on the purchasing of random stationary I'll never need >:D of course buying stuff I do need as well!
    I got myself a small netbook 10.3" (I think), so it's very handy.
    I prefer typed notes so instead of typing everything at home I do it during lectures :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone got an Ipad, there is a free Philips dictation app available, great for recording lectures if permitted.

Anyone got an Ipad, there is a free Philips dictation app available, great for recording lectures if permitted.
    I recorded all of my lectures last year.. I never listened to them again..

Paczini wrote: »
    I recorded all of my lectures last year.. I never listened to them again..

+1 for that , I was given a Dictaphone by the access office and I gave up using it after about two months 'cos I'd never listen back to them let alone be bothered to spend ages figuring out which one was which :P

aaabbbb wrote: »
    +1 for that , I was given a Dictaphone by the access office and I gave up using it after about two months 'cos I'd never listen back to them let alone be bothered to spend ages figuring out which one was which :P
    Exactly, The only time I listened to a lecture (5mins of it) was when I recorded the exam questions and tips given by the lecturer. Otherwise it was waste of money (I bought a dictphone as I was sure I will use it..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Nothing to do with dictaphones, but I'm watching a programme about extreme hoarders, I wanna reach into the telly and hug them. It's so sad :( there's a man on the programme that was left disabled both physically and mentally after brain surgery and ah....I'm crying here!!

Someone quick...cheer me up!

• Advertisement

kellief wrote: »
    Nothing to do with dictaphones, but I'm watching a programme about extreme hoarders, I wanna reach into the telly and hug them. It's so sad :( there's a man on the programme that was left disabled both physically and mentally after brain surgery and ah....I'm crying here!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma2LPDwrur0&feature=share

Watching this man attempt to dance to dubstep has surely gotta make you laugh! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma2LPDwrur0&feature=share

Watching this man attempt to dance to dubstep has surely gotta make you laugh! :P
    Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

:P I think when I'm out during freshers week I'm gonna bust a few of his moves out in the Roost, the newbies won't know what's hit them and they'll be in awe of my sheer talent I'm sure :P

Total awe they will be in, total awe. People will flock from miles to see your moves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Was out in Mantra last night but it wasn't the same with the lack of students.

Can't wait for freshers week now though! :) *Activate Creep Mode*

Total awe they will be in, total awe. People will flock from miles to see your moves.

I'm sure , I'm sure !!:D Just you wait there will be ticketed events and everything , I'll probably even headline the freshers ball and may even go on a world tour!! :p

I'm sure , I'm sure !!:D Just you wait there will be ticketed events and everything , I'll probably even headline the freshers ball and may even go on a world tour!! :p

Get down to the SU and book yourself in!!

Jonah42 wrote: »

Yeah the towns literally dead without students , was in the roost about 3 or 4 times over the summer and I felt like such a child 'cos it was empty with the exception of about 20/30 40-50 year old men!! Was so strange :pac:

Jonah42 wrote: »

Yeah the towns literally dead without students , was in the roost about 3 or 4 times over the summer and I felt like such a child 'cos it was empty with the exception of about 20/30 40-50 year old men!! Was so strange :pac:

My family home is in Maynooth, it's so quiet when the students go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

My family home is in Maynooth, it's so quiet when the students go!

Mantra was pretty busy last night in fairness though. I was in the roost beforehand which was a bit disappointing. Definitely noticed the lack of students there. Mantra, not so much :)

Advertisement