Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    We are on the same boat then. I worked there since the opening as well and I worked in the units all summer last year and they still didn't want me there but when I had some day off they sent me to different locations in Dublin.. Or they called me during lectures and told be that they want to see me in the canteen asap as they need someone to work there for few hours.

I might try give Josh a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I might try give Josh a call!
    I don't think Josh is looking after canteen as he is HR Business Partner but you can give it a try.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    I don't think Josh is looking after canteen as he is HR Business Partner but you can give it a try.

He's already helping me get extra work so it won't hurt! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

He's already helping me get extra work so it won't hurt! :)
    As I said you can always give it a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Stevonicus wrote: »
    Guess who's not going into 3rd year? This guy. Just found out I failed two of my repeats which is rather unfortunate. The part time job hunt continues nevertheless.

Its not the end of the world! If you're repeating the two modules this year use all of your spare time for a few clubs or socs committees and get some great soft skills and experience:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I've gotten a third line on my results page. This generally precedes results being released by only a short amount of time.
    #panic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

In case anyone didn't interpret that, repeat results are up, and DB passed them.
    =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Got stung by a wasp yesterday and I'm having an allergic reaction. My hand is swollen and won't stop shaking.
    It's getting annoying now!!

kellief wrote: »
    Got stung by a wasp yesterday and I'm having an allergic reaction. My hand is swollen and won't stop shaking.

Take an anti-histamine. Should take the swelling down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

DB21 wrote: »
    Take an anti-histamine. Should take the swelling down.

I've taken them, taking more now though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ok, so I have failed two of my three subjects. Passed some of the repeats but not enough. What is the next step? Will the college be in touch with my options for next year?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ok, so I have failed two of my three subjects. Passed some of the repeats but not enough. What is the next step? Will the college be in touch with my options for next year?

Yup. There'll be a letter with your results. I'd advise talking with your course coordinator and someone from Academic Advisory.

Take heart from the fact I was in the exact same situation last year, it will work out in the end.

• Site Banned Posts: 41 rain10

I passed two of my subjects and needed 30% in the third to pass by compensation, Just got the results and failed one, so my total on the third subject is 26%.. i'm only 4% off passing and i'm not even doing the subject ever again!! ahh! who can i go and see about this? surely they can recheck my paper or something :-(((

rain10 wrote: »
    I passed two of my subjects and needed 30% in the third to pass by compensation, Just got the results and failed one, so my total on the third subject is 26%.. i'm only 4% off passing and i'm not even doing the subject ever again!! ahh! who can i go and see about this? surely they can recheck my paper or something :-(((

A re-check is possible. Go talk to your course coordinator and, if you can, the lecturer. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I shall be in Maynooth forever, and I'm quite happy about that ^_^

Duddy wrote: »
    I shall be in Maynooth forever, and I'm quite happy about that ^_^

(Paid) Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Pass by compensation! The best kind of pass!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Wait, on the registration details it has me down to repeat the year - can I not pass by compensation if I have to do the subject in 2nd year?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

kellief wrote: »

Wasp sting.... thats why im shaking....

Great cover for a crippling opiate addiction
    Pudsy33 wrote: »

Get in touch with relevant department(s) soon as. When I was in exact same boat last year (and one or two or more.. other times. ) the maths department literally saved my life, the academic advisory are an amazing resource aswel , you might need to arrange an appointment with them as they tend to be quite busy this time of year. All is not lost, the world is your lobster :)

• Advertisement

Get in touch with the department, is there no meet up day or is that just for summer exams?
    Maths department are a great bunch of lads and lassies.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

What is the pass mark for a subject out of 1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

brianclown wrote: »
    What is the pass mark for a subject out of 1000?

400 I'd imagine....

aaabbbb wrote: »
    400 I'd imagine....

Depends though. For example, in third year science, it's 450. Best bet is to contact the relevant department.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I've another question :o

I got a letter this morning telling me to pay my fee's online and I was given a username and password to do this. But, in the student handbook it says first years will receive a bank giro and bring the receipt to registration. So I'm confused... Should I pay it online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Boeing777 wrote: »
    I've another question :o

I got a letter this morning telling me to pay my fee's online and I was given a username and password to do this. But, in the student handbook it says first years will receive a bank giro and bring the receipt to registration. So I'm confused... Should I pay it online?
    I paid online! Please don't tell me I've done it wrong D:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

Has anyone any idea if you can pass a subject with any mark that is under 400/1000 in the overall subject mark for second year?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

brianclown wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea if you can pass a subject with any mark that is under 400/1000 in the overall subject mark for second year?

I passed more than one of my repeats with a mark of less than 400/1000 No idea how or why and i dont intend on finding out. gifthorse, mouth and all that.

I'm pretty sure no matter what the mark out of 1000 is, I know some science or CS coures need 450/1000 so i dont know what way it is, whether you passed or not it will say very clearly beside that whether it is an overall fall or pass. I know you definitely need 25% minimum in each module anyway and you can only compensate within the same exam block.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Don't suppose anyone living on campus wants to be bestos? Will even bring over some cans :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Haha I love your sig marko!

Advertisement